Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Levolent com
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Speaking of Emulators....

This somewhat interest me. What's available to the great unrooted mass? I've seen the atari app and didn't think much of it (because of the reviews that said it was just a catalog). Just wondering what people are using and maybe a little how to....
    42... need I say more...

Default Re: Speaking of Emulators....

I was looking for a ps2 emulator myself but I heard you have to run it on a Pc and remote control through splashtop
    Eduardo06sp likes this.

Good to know but it's somewhat disappointing a quadcore 1.3ghz still can't match a 300mhz ps2 single-core. Which of these systems in the first link do you think is the most powerful? I would say PSP since you can play PSX games on one.

Are there any emulators that utilize the entire display on a smartphone? I have a Note 2 and want to take advantage of every inch! I'd like a NES or a NES64 emulator.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Android Central Forums

Quote Originally Posted by note2user View Post
    Are there any emulators that utilize the entire display on a smartphone? I have a Note 2 and want to take advantage of every inch! I'd like a NES or a NES64 emulator.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Android Central Forums

just jump in and try both imo

I use John nes emulator and n64oid both work great! Look awesome on the nexus 7

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

the whole point of emulators is that they let you run apps on your current hw/os that you could not before, so whichever works is best, hehe.

Quote Originally Posted by Levolent com View Post
    it's somewhat disappointing a quadcore 1.3ghz still can't match a 300mhz ps2 single-core
    Well it's not that it doesn't "match" it per se. The thing is that the Tegra 3 is definitely a more powerful processor. The problem is that when you're emulating you have a piece of software (Emulator) telling the processor exactly how the original hardware is supposed to read the information and then it has to "emulate" that process and in that there is a lot of wasted energy and overhead. Especially when you are running this on top of a fully functioning Android OS which is taking it's own part of your resources. If the games were to be ported to the Nexus 7 then they would probably work amazingly well.

I run Total Commander, Ithink it uses emulation??

ROM
    Stock Gingerbread

Retroarch has quite a number of emulators built in. Best of all, it's free, ad-free and open source.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...=org.retroarch

It's a bit lacking on the UI department, but there is a very active dev community behind it and it just keeps on getting better with every update.

Is there a PS1 emulator? I just want the original Wipeout that stole so much of my younger years.

ROM
    Stock Gingerbread

Retroarch has PSX emulation. :-)