Speaking of Emulators....

mathelm

Oct 18, 2012
Visit site
This somewhat interest me. What's available to the great unrooted mass? I've seen the atari app and didn't think much of it (because of the reviews that said it was just a catalog). Just wondering what people are using and maybe a little how to....

Levolent com

Jan 27, 2013
Visit site

note2user

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
Are there any emulators that utilize the entire display on a smartphone? I have a Note 2 and want to take advantage of every inch! I'd like a NES or a NES64 emulator.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Android Central Forums

Dizzo1992

Jul 25, 2012
Visit site
I use John nes emulator and n64oid both work great! Look awesome on the nexus 7

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

bigtroutz

Oct 28, 2012
Visit site
the whole point of emulators is that they let you run apps on your current hw/os that you could not before, so whichever works is best, hehe.

zero3187

Apr 25, 2010
Visit site
it's somewhat disappointing a quadcore 1.3ghz still can't match a 300mhz ps2 single-core

Well it's not that it doesn't "match" it per se. The thing is that the Tegra 3 is definitely a more powerful processor. The problem is that when you're emulating you have a piece of software (Emulator) telling the processor exactly how the original hardware is supposed to read the information and then it has to "emulate" that process and in that there is a lot of wasted energy and overhead. Especially when you are running this on top of a fully functioning Android OS which is taking it's own part of your resources. If the games were to be ported to the Nexus 7 then they would probably work amazingly well.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NK01UK