Google nexus 7 sending texts through phone without data

hello1992

Feb 13, 2013
Visit site
Hey guys,

I am considering buying the google nexus 7 (without data).

Is it possible to send and receive texts using my tablet via my mobile (nokia N8-00) without using data?

I basically want to connect my tablet to my nokia N8-00 such that i can send and receive texts using
my tablet through my mobile, without using data, so i am basically using my sms allowance on my mobile's sim.
-I can do this with my phone and pc using bluetooth. I can reply to texts via my pc and it will be sent from my phone.

I have seen a lot of apps that basically send messages using data. But i wont always have access to wifi.

If i buy the nexus 7 with data, and insert my sim to use the data, could i send texts without my contacts having the same
app so that it is sent directly to their phone via sms (or the fact that i am not using an nokia n8 which is not android or windows)?

Thanks!!!

wunderbar

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
I don't know of any solution that will work with an N8. There are a number of apps that will work if you have an android phone, and a few will do it via bluetooth, but you need to have an android phone to make it happen. Don't see any way to do with with an N8.

hello1992

Feb 13, 2013
Visit site
thanks. yeah, i guess the nokia n8 is a very basic smart phone. But if i get the nexus 7 with data, then could i send texts using my sms allowance rather than data if i insert , my sim into it?

=> and does the tablet accept sims from all networks?

popmyphone

Feb 13, 2013
Visit site
As another reply said, this can be done with an Android phone. My company has an app called PopMyPhone which basically lets email control the sending of SMS through the phone.

Any new SMS received by the phone can be sent to the email address of your choice. If you reply to that email the SMS will be sent from your phone (for security reasons the number must be a contact on your phone).You can create a new email and it can be sent as an SMS from the phone. It also uses email to notify of missed calls and keep a log of dialed/received calls.

You don't need to "tether" your Nexus 7 to the phone. The phone doesn't even need to be with you.

This also means that anywhere you can send/receive email you can send/receive SMS.

I hope this helps

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andrewsmith