Do I need to restore android version 4.2.1 to use sky go app?

Yvonne Black

Feb 26, 2013
Visit site
Hi, sorry, quite technologically inept. Bought this tab for my dad to use sky go on. His birthday is next month....but I accepted the upgrade to android 4.2.2, before realizing that sky go will only work on version 4.2.1. So unless sky are planning to change things over the next few weeks I need to restore the previous version. How do I do this, please?

Yvonne Black

Feb 26, 2013
Visit site
Phew, all of a sudden the Sky Go app is working on this version. Had only just got halfway through downloading the SDK package but tbh, think it's all a bit beyond me. Thanks for all the very good, detailed info on this site, though :)

wunderbar

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
Yea, if an app is poorly coded it might be set to run say on "Android 2.3 to 4.2.1" instead of "Android 2.3+" and gets confused when 4.2.2 comes out because it is outside the "acceptable range." It was probably just a simple change to allow it to work on 4.2.2.

Used to see this a ton with apps on Windows that wouldn't install on new versions because the apps were hard coded to only support certain versions and had no idea what to do when a new version came out.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gadget989