Can't Find a Solution

SunshineMel

Jul 13, 2013
Visit site
So, I've looked and looked all over this forum for a winning solution to my little Nexus 7 problem and have yet to find an answer. I am doing the simple task of transferring videos from my computer to the N7 and failing to have any of them show up. I am trying to transfer a video in MP4 format to the Video file on my internal storage of my N7. When I do this simple drag and drop method it shows that it is going through the motions, but fails to actually come up on the N7. The Google Movies app fails to see it, as well as MX Player. I have also tried .avi and .wmv just to see if the MX Player could somehow pick those up and nothing. I am not completely brain dead here and know that it should be just a simple drag and drop, but nu uh. I would assume that the Video file would be the appropriate folder to drop it in but I'm out of ideas here. I just want to watch my videos on my tablet...is that too much to ask for?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
First, welcome to Android Central!

Second, are you sure that the videos are transferring over? Use a file manager app like ES File Explorer or Astro File Manager to look at your Video folder and confirm that the files were copied over.

Third, make sure that MX Player is searching the correct folders for video files. Open MX Player, tap the menu button in the upper right, select "Settings," then "List," then "Video folders." If the root directories (like "/storage" or "/mnt") are listed, then it should scan the all subdirectories for new video files. To be sure, you can add your Video folder manually.

Finally, go back to MX Player's home screen, and tap the refresh button at the upper right to scan for new media.

jpash549

Aug 6, 2012
Visit site
You might also consider loading your videos and other pictures on a flash drive and using Nexus Media Importer app to take advantage of the OTG feature of the N7. Don't know how many videos you plan to save but you might have storage problems otherwise.

from a BB Playbook or HP Touchpad or N7