List of nexus 7 2013 problems

Bob Rawk

Jun 27, 2013
Visit site
My spontaneous restarts returned with a vengeance last night, very unstable even though I haven't installed a new app since Saturday. Going to head up to Worst Buy on my lunch break and exchange it.

eyeowanc

Aug 7, 2012
Visit site
How is the touch for everyone? Once and a while I find myself having to press things on the screen 2 or 3 times to get it to register. Not sure if my tablet is having a problem or if its 4.3 and certain apps. Interested to see what others are experiencing.
I'm having the same issue.

MBSMD

Feb 7, 2010
Visit site
Mine is going back to Best Buy.

Screen continues to blink out for a fraction of a second every few minutes, regardless of app or whether auto brightness is on or off. I think the LCD backlight it faulty. Did a factory wipe this morning and it continues. It's all boxed up and ready to go back, though they have no 32GB models to exchange it for, so I'll have to return it and wait.

Based on comments here and other forums, I think I'll wait a while before buying another one. I really like the tablet, but I may let the first production batch run dry before buying another and let them work out the production kinks.

mitc5502

Mar 25, 2013
Visit site
How is the touch for everyone? Once and a while I find myself having to press things on the screen 2 or 3 times to get it to register. Not sure if my tablet is having a problem or if its 4.3 and certain apps. Interested to see what others are experiencing.

Mine has some touch sensitivity/response issues, but they really only seem to manifest in Chrome...games seem to work perfectly, as do apps like Facebook and Twitter. Most of the time I press a link in Chrome, I don't get the visual indicator that the link was pressed, other than seeing that the web page is loading...and the touch areas are very sensitive, particularly opening and closing tabs.

npark2012

Sep 19, 2012
Visit site
The only thing I find annoying is the touch input. Sometimes when I'm trying to close an app it opens it when I swipe it away. But it's not a huge deal and I think its because the screen is so slippery.

Liquidretro

Nov 24, 2010
Visit site
Mine has some touch sensitivity/response issues, but they really only seem to manifest in Chrome...games seem to work perfectly, as do apps like Facebook and Twitter. Most of the time I press a link in Chrome, I don't get the visual indicator that the link was pressed, other than seeing that the web page is loading...and the touch areas are very sensitive, particularly opening and closing tabs.

Ya I notice it most in Chrome, but also in the Youtube app, I turned on tracking touches to see what the deal was and it seems sometimes it just doesn't register my touch. Trying to decide if I need to send it back to Amazon and get another or if its a software thing. Mine seems better after a reboot which makes me think its software. Any thoughts?

mitc5502

Mar 25, 2013
Visit site
Ya I notice it most in Chrome, but also in the Youtube app, I turned on tracking touches to see what the deal was and it seems sometimes it just doesn't register my touch. Trying to decide if I need to send it back to Amazon and get another or if its a software thing. Mine seems better after a reboot which makes me think its software. Any thoughts?

Seems like software to me, because it's only problematic for specific apps. I mean, maybe the games I've tried just weren't "touchy" enough to make the problem apparent...I'll download some very touch-heavy games and see if it's noticeable. Also, I'm not familiar with the tracking touches thing...how do I enable that?

Liquidretro

Nov 24, 2010
Visit site
Seems like software to me, because it's only problematic for specific apps. I mean, maybe the games I've tried just weren't "touchy" enough to make the problem apparent...I'll download some very touch-heavy games and see if it's noticeable. Also, I'm not familiar with the tracking touches thing...how do I enable that?

Follow this video and then it will be on inside that menu you enable How to enable developer settings on Android 4.2 | Android Central

Diknak

Dec 9, 2012
Visit site
If you are using Swype, there is a known issue that is causing words to randomly be replaced and the cursor jumping around causing very frustrating typing issues. It has been reported and they are recommending that you turn off "smart editor" in the settings until it is fixed.

Bug running on Android 4.3

rshwayder

Jun 15, 2011
Visit site
Probably a software issue, but when recording video, it continuously autofocuses, resulting in terrible videos.

The rear camera is also horrible in low light conditions. It has no flash and gets very fuzzy. This is the main hardware flaw I've seen thus far.

chadthebuilder

Jan 9, 2013
Visit site
Probably a software issue, but when recording video, it continuously autofocuses, resulting in terrible videos.

The rear camera is also horrible in low light conditions. It has no flash and gets very fuzzy. This is the main hardware flaw I've seen thus far.

I have yet to see a single tablet camera that does take decent low light photos.

Posted from my new Nexus 7

Rule9

Banned
Jun 2, 2013
Visit site
Seems like a lot of pages under the category of "Problems" to only be a week old.. :)

this thread can be applied to every device ever made snice the invention of the wheel. If the internet was invented before the wheel people would be posting problems with their new wheel ;)
seriously though, all electronics have some lemons. I just bought mine today and the first thing I did after installing everything was to search for every issue reported so far on this forum and test mine, and my unit has none of them.

kyoo

Jul 25, 2013
Visit site
cant say that i've got any problems with mine, but i've only had it for a couple of days now. much snappier than the old n7

kenyee

Apr 1, 2010
Visit site
One random reset. It was sitting on the tablet face up when I saw the nexus bootup logo. It had been sitting there for nearly a day and I happened to walk by it.

Long press also doesn't seem to work that great on some apps...it's like your finger is jittering the position too much so it doesn't register the long press (I think this might be a 4.3 bug w/ high res displays though...the long press area probably isn't big enough)

jaymst1

Aug 2, 2013
Visit site
I am having similar problem ... just got today and when I try to view Uverse live stream or movies and get message must have Flash Player to view ...... I Googled & have installed Adobe Flash 11.1 and it still will not work ....... any ideas ..........

tflash

Sep 20, 2012
Visit site
I am having similar problem ... just got today and when I try to view Uverse live stream or movies and get message must have Flash Player to view ...... I Googled & have installed Adobe Flash 11.1 and it still will not work ....... any ideas ..........

Try using Firefox with the flash .apk sideloaded. Or use Xscope browser.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87