Is now a good time to buy the New Nexus 7?

M1grande

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
I have the 2012 edition, and i love it, but it has ghosting issues, thinking i am ouching when i am not. i have read other people are having problems with their new Nexus 7's. i tried to fix my old one but Asus wont do the necessary replacements. is the first batch of issues sorted out, or should i hold off a little longer?

YAYTech

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
They're mostly sorted out - go for it. If you get one and have any issues, do a factory reset. Make sure all updates are installed. If you still have issues, do an exchange, but it's not likely that you'll need to.

YAYTech

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
what is the best store to buy it from, in terms of returns in the event of a malfunction?

What do you have local to you? Local = easier returns. But online could mean a nice amount of savings on sales tax if you're willing to risk a tougher return/exchange on the small change you have a problem.

M1grande

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
i live in delaware, so there isnt sales tax, but i have a gamestop, best buy, staples, walmart, kmart and hhgreg close to me

mikemike162012

Jul 9, 2013
Visit site
I just returned mine and am holding off for a few months to avoid any needless hassle to return defects tablet. If the ipad mini 2 is coming out this year, there might be a chance the new nexus 7 price might drop a bit too (to kick start competition or to makeup for the defects to attracts buyers), who knows. Thats just my own opinion.

FitzAusTex

Oct 28, 2010
Visit site
I bought mine from Walmart. Spent $28 on a two year warranty that covers defects and damage. doesn't cover loss or theft, though.

Posted via Android Central App

hoosiermama2799

Nov 23, 2011
Visit site
i live in delaware, so there isnt sales tax, but i have a gamestop, best buy, staples, walmart, kmart and hhgreg close to me

I bought a 2012 from Staples with their protection plan. A few months later, it dropped and broke the screen. I took it in, and they ordered the 2013 for me. They didn't even want the 2012, so I took a shot at replacing the screen and digitizer.

The return was easy and painless. I'd highly recommend them.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

Aredubu

Jan 11, 2013
Visit site
I just bought another one this afternoon. After having a Nexus 10 for awhile, I had to go back to Nexus. The Note 8.0's home button kept getting the way for me.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

nelschroeder

Dec 14, 2012
Visit site
I have the 2012 edition, and i love it, but it has ghosting issues, thinking i am ouching when i am not. i have read other people are having problems with their new Nexus 7's. i tried to fix my old one but Asus wont do the necessary replacements. is the first batch of issues sorted out, or should i hold off a little longer?

I bought my Nexus 7 / 32gig at the end of April. I'm going to assume I have the 2012 version. What are the upgrades on the new model? Is it available in the Play Store? I bought mine at Game Stop. A week after I bought it the thing slid off my couch onto the floor (maybe a 14 inch drop). The screen went went kaput and it wouldn't boot up. They replaced it with no question. I haven't had a single issue with my new one. I guess it's where you buy it.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using AC Forums mobile app

YAYTech

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
I bought my Nexus 7 / 32gig at the end of April. I'm going to assume I have the 2012 version. What are the upgrades on the new model? Is it available in the Play Store? I bought mine at Game Stop. A week after I bought it the thing slid off my couch onto the floor (maybe a 14 inch drop). The screen went went kaput and it wouldn't boot up. They replaced it with no question. I haven't had a single issue with my new one. I guess it's where you buy it.

Yes, you would have the 2012 model - the 2013 model came out a little over a month ago. Off the top of my head, upgrades include:
- a higher resolution, full HD screen that replicates a broader spectrum of colors more accurately
- roughly 2x processing power, 4x graphics power
- rear camera
- lighter, quite a bit narrower (though slightly taller), thinner
- support for miracast
- support for in-line headphones and accessories that use the headphone jack & require audio input (ex: Square and other credit card swipers)
- hdmi output support (via a usb adapter)
- improved wireless antenna
- dual speakers

heeemz

Aug 1, 2013
Visit site
They're mostly sorted out - go for it. If you get one and have any issues, do a factory reset. Make sure all updates are installed. If you still have issues, do an exchange, but it's not likely that you'll need to.

+1 -- I am quite happy with this device

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty