Charging question (Can you ruin/weaken the battery?)

Murf_72

May 7, 2014
Visit site
I should be getting my N7 2013 in a few days and I had a question about charging it. Up until this point I have been using a 1st Kindle Fire so I am overjoyed with the VERY extended battery life I will be getting with my N&. I was wondering if it was harmful to charge the N& when it wasn't all the way low? I know in the past there were issues with certain types of batteries, if you charged them when they were half charged and you did that repeatedly, it would end up making you battery have that half charge limit become the max charge limit for that battery. Is that still the case? is there anything I should NOT do to keep from harming my battery?

TIA

Murf

mchockeyvette27

Jun 15, 2011
Visit site
Generally its better to keep batteries charged thank depleted. So you should be fine keeping it topped off. I try to stick to not letting my batteries drop below 20%.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Murf_72

May 7, 2014
Visit site
Generally its better to keep batteries charged thank depleted. So you should be fine keeping it topped off. I try to stick to not letting my batteries drop below 20%.

Hmm interesting. For the longest time I was under the impression that prematurely charging a battery made it loose its max limit of what it could hold. I think it came about when I kept going through cordless phones.

mchockeyvette27

Jun 15, 2011
Visit site
Hmm interesting. For the longest time I was under the impression that prematurely charging a battery made it loose its max limit of what it could hold. I think it came about when I kept going through cordless phones.

Keeping your tablet topped off will not hurt the batteries longevity. Constantly depleting it may, however. Also keeping it on the charger even when full will have no negative affect. Read up lithium polymer and lithium ion batteries if you're curious. That's what I did and that's what I've learned from it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress