HTC to Make the Pixel Phone..anyone else worried?

12MaNy

Regional Leg Breaker
Apr 11, 2010
Visit site
I haven't owned an HTC device since the Evo 3D....and what a circus show that turned out to be.

IDK.... we'll see. Pixel specs look up to par, but 5.5 screen seems a little small for my taste. So.....as if right now, I'm torn between Pixel XL and LG V20 (depending on bootloader status).

RHChan84

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
When HTC initially came out, their hardware was "eh". But since the M8, I liked their device but not the OS. Then the 10 came out and it felt solid in my hands and software was smoother and ran pretty well.
If I didn't have the 6P, then I would consider the Pixel line but specs are all only one step above the 6P and in terms of actual real world usage, it's barely noticeable.

theduder

May 9, 2011
Visit site
Speaking of liking hardware but not the OS...

Why can't Apple do bootcamp for the iDevices? Let us load Android the way you allow us to load Windows on Macs!

booster_gold

Apr 18, 2015
Visit site
theduder said:
Yesterday 08:38 AM

Why can't Apple do bootcamp for the iDevices? Let us load Android the way you allow us to load Windows on Macs!

hmm...well because that would take "courage"...

Last edited:

movielover76

Jan 26, 2011
Visit site
I'm not worried about HTC making the phones at all, they build great phones. I'd probably have an htc phone if they built a phablet 5.5 or 5.7 inch devices.
I just hope that Google doesn't try to sell us the "It doesn't need OIS" line again, if your charging premium prices, it needs OIS.
without it, it will be a pass for me.

MDMcAtee

Jul 4, 2014
Visit site

Now that would be unique if they did that... But gee.. You would need to spend a fortune for the 128 /256 gig phone to do it and a much higher resolution screen to enjoy it

peetah21

Sep 4, 2015
Visit site
Not really worried about HTC designing them. I'm only worried about the cameras. Google needs to revamp their camera app, faster focusing and faster shutter speed. If these are to compete with Apple then they need good fast cameras.

Dubss

Jan 23, 2016
Visit site
I know the Nexus 9 was trash.. Very slow if you owned one you know what I'm taking about.. hope google did there QC

Nate79

Jan 27, 2011
Visit site
Personally, I've never had a smartphone that wasn't an HTC phone. I think their build quality and features are great. I'm glad I got my 10 this year, especially with the fact that the Pixel is unlocked or Verizon only.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty