Is it possible? ive been tricked by ebay seller nexus i515 verizon

faztbikez

Nov 5, 2012
Visit site
HEY guys ! Hope you guys can help me ;( , long story short bought a brand new SAMSUNG GALAXY NEXUS ( verizon ) i515 on ebay ask the seller if the phone would work with gsm mexico telcel and he told me for sure !! it will ! since it was a world phone and it was unlocked, well seems like it wont is this true? I insert the sim card and nothing ;( ive looked around the internet now for 2 days and i cant find anything of unlocking the phone to work or any threads .
A im really sad since ive been saving up to buy a nice phone and now it wont work. ( plus i think i paid to much )
Well my questions are :
Will it work or not?
If it does how can i make it work, what do i do? who do i pay ?

Thank you very much have a beautiful week

trayes77

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
Verizon phones work off of the CDMA network. They're phones cannot be used on a gsm network. The Sim card slot is phone Verizon's lte Sim.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

Irvgotti

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
HEY guys ! Hope you guys can help me ;( , long story short bought a brand new SAMSUNG GALAXY NEXUS ( verizon ) i515 on ebay ask the seller if the phone would work with gsm mexico telcel and he told me for sure !! it will ! since it was a world phone and it was unlocked, well seems like it wont is this true? I insert the sim card and nothing ;( ive looked around the internet now for 2 days and i cant find anything of unlocking the phone to work or any threads .
A im really sad since ive been saving up to buy a nice phone and now it wont work. ( plus i think i paid to much )
Well my questions are :
Will it work or not?
If it does how can i make it work, what do i do? who do i pay ?

Thank you very much have a beautiful week
Maybe call Verizon. I'm sure they can do somethin for it to work. But yeah VZW can work on gsm only the world phones can.

Insp_Gadget

Inspector Gadget
Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
As a general rule, if it's a Verizon phone it will only work on Verizon.

While it is true that Verizon does sell some "world" phones (that contain both CDMA and GSM compatible radios), that is a very small subset of their offerings. The Galaxy Nexus that Verizon sells is a CDMA/LTE model. It does not have a GSM radio like the GSM/HSPA+ model sold by Google on the Google Play store.

LTE phones have SIM cards, but those SIM cards are specifically for the LTE data network of the carrier that sold the phone. They do not serve the same purpose as a GSM SIM card, and phones designed to use LTE on Verizon can't use a GSM SIM card in place of the LTE card.

Same thing applies to Sprint phones. Verizon and Sprint use CDMA technology that is not compatible with GSM SIM cards, and therefore will only work on CDMA networks in the U.S.

Before buying anything from eBay you should thoroughly research the product you intend to buy. Sellers will tell you anything to get the sale. You may be able to appeal to eBay for help with a refund if the seller won't work with you.

Buyer beware when not buying from a known retailer.

gone down south

Jul 24, 2012
Visit site
If you have that comment in writing from the seller, file a claim with eBay and Paypal and request that the seller refund your money and take the phone back.
They'll have your back if the seller made incorrect statements.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ab07