battery losing charge even while being plugged

Red Neck2

Aug 1, 2013
Visit site
My phone won't charge at all, it appears to be charging and then going to 0% and turn off, I changed the battery and it does the same thing, if someone know what the problem is , please let me know if I have to repair it or just change it, thank you

pontiac005

Trusted Member
Jul 19, 2012
Visit site
Please check the USB port and lift up the little tab in the middle. Same thing happened on my Gnex and when I fixed I never had a problem since.

Sent from my Nexus 4 running Android 4.3 using Tapatalk 4

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Thats not good. Almost sounds like you could have a faulty charging/USB port.

Does it make a connection for mass storage if you connect to computer to say view pictures on the device?

If so thats a good sign but it could be as simple as one of those tiny little pins (the charging pin) gone bad.

Chex313

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
I have identified my problem relating to this as the port. I ordered the part today from ebay@$8.(Already had all the tools needed) First I made sure the battery worked by strapping it into a GS2...and it charged fine. Then I reset the phone to make sure 4.3 wasn't the issue. Then I cleaned the port. Then finally I pryed the internal male part of the micro usb on the phone. After holding it for a second or two it began to charge. The prying that worked was to pry from the thin gap towards the larger one. If I plug in the USB move gently towards the back or the front, I can get it to charge as well.

I'll use the GS2 until I get the part and see if that fixes it permanently...I have been looking to upgrade anyway...Just been waiting to see the review on the LG G2. I'll report back if the new part works.

Chex313

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
Replaced the USB port on my GSM Nexus, all went pretty well. The ifixit and Youtube vids refer to the Verizon model which is a little different. On the GSM model either the solder joints on the volume switch have to be broken and resoldered (Which I chose to do) . Or they say Power switch can be popped free.

So I have to get a different Solder iron, since mine is not designed for circuit boards. I put it all back together and it charges again on any of my many cables. I'll use a volume widget to adjust volume until I get the proper tools to Solder it. I am going to try to solder 2 1" small gauge wires on and see if that works. Then it will allow a little wiggle room.

Total cost for the part was $8 shipped from ebay. It takes an hour or 2 to take apart and get it back together. After doing it once it takes about 20Min if you have to do it again. I had it back together again in 5 Min. Most of the time was spent fussing over what to pry apart. :)

I'll be checking my other forums (OCForums) for a recommended iron....

RogueQuipster

Jul 9, 2013
Visit site
Same problem here .... I have a rooted phone so I think that makes my warranty void ... I cant fix it on my own so Should I return to a Samsung service center or give it to a local mobile repair center ...??

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress