My phone doesn't charge unless switched off.

Umar_Ghouse

Sep 7, 2013
Visit site
Hey guys,

First off, I'm new here, but I've read a lot of the news that comes outta here on pulse and I've the solution to many a problem here. So, before anything else, thanks for that :)

Now to the problem, I've owned my galaxy Nexus for about 9 months now and had no problems till about 2 weeks ago. It started with the phone not charging when I plugged it in. A quick Google session told me that it was a problem with the charging pin, which simply needed to be pushed upwards. This worked, the first time.

Anyways, now I can't charge it unless it's switched off. I did show it to the local Samsung service Centre and they said the same thing my Google search told me - it was the charging pin. Though they say that since Nexus devices haven't officially made it to my country (I got mine from Canada) , they don't have the parts to fix it and they'll have to use other parts that may work. They told me it had a 75% success rate and would take about 5 days.

But I wanna know if that's a good idea. I could send it back to Canada and get it done under warranty (which doesn't apply here :[ ) or I could pay to get it done here. Any advice? And is there anything else I can do?

Though, my brother does say using different parts might be a good thing, since it was because the original charging pin was too thin that this happened in the first place. Is that true?

Thanks in advance for all the help. :)
Umar

P.S.- sorry for the long narration :p

Posted via Android Central App

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cloudsofmana