HTC EVO 3D: Issues and Problems...let's talk about them here!

domer

May 18, 2010
Visit site
Re: EVO3D Issues and Problems...let's talk about them here!

...I do wanna add that the netflix don't work on the phone right now. I was a little disappointed when I got the phone the day it came out because a lot of app I had on my EVO4g I can't get on this one right now...

Do a search for Netflix and you'll find the .apk for Netflix. I have it installed on my 3D and it works great. I get a message when I start that says an update is available (update doesn't work for the 3D) that I cancel out of, but after I'm past that, it works perfectly.

domer

May 18, 2010
Visit site

Yeah, I hear ya. My old Plantronics bluetooth has served me well for a long time. Never had this issue on my Pre. Not real sure what to do. Seems everyone I talk to on it through the 3D tells me they can hear themselves echo. It's not like it's limited to a single caller. Kinda sucks.

EDIT: Just remembered I have another Plantronics model sitting around upstairs. Gonna charge it up and see if the same issue persists with this headset or not.

Great idea! I'll do the same with my BlueAnt that I have laying around. I stopped using that b/c the battery life compared to my Plantronics was pathetic. Worth a try though...

eddyknights

Jun 19, 2011
Visit site

so for all of us having slight issues ive had the 3d togglin back from 2d to 3d issues, the market apps loading without icons.. my battery lasting about 5-6 hours on more than moderate use.. ect.. should we wait for a update or return for a new one within 30 days

luda817

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site

Got mine today and its crashed 5 times already.
Plus got it on a mode twice where screen went black and just 4 bottom buttons where lit up and beseech battery pull to get it back,,anyone sen this? Think I have to take it back to get s wapped

I've had the exact same problem. i got it three days ago and i think i'm goign to swap mine this weekend.

slickpig

Jul 1, 2011
Visit site

Bugs/small annoyances I've found so far:
Camera: After I take a picture, the camera app freezes on the preview pic. I have to hit the home key, and kill the camera task.

SMS:
1.If I'm replying to an sms conversation, when a new txt comes in, my screen resets, keyboard disappears, I have to re-touch the screen to get my keyboard back
2. Voice to txt, if you rotate the screen while recording, it cancels the recording, and you have to start over.
3.I sent 2 txts to a friend, about 1 min later, I got my message back, but looked like my text came from him, very weird, like he copied and pasted my text and sent it back, but he obviously didn't.
4. I was having a txt conversation but I was roaming off of the sprint network, although my time and his time were displaying correct, his txt messages were time stamped about 4 hours in the future, this made it hard to follow the conversation since the sms app groups the conversation by time, and not by when they were sent/received by the device.

Bluetooth/Speaker phone:
1. I made a call and used speaker phone, next time a call came in, I answered it with my bluetooth headset, however the call was coming through the speaker still, and I couldn't get the sound to come through the headset. I had to un-pair, and re-pair to get it to reset.
2. Bluetooth pairing, when I first paired the phone to my headset it worked slick just like it was supposed to. However, when I had to un-pair, then re-pair, I had to make the phone search for devices at the same time my headset was searching, and then it saw the headset trying to connect, and I was able to make the pair, just making the phone discoverable did not allow the pairing to happen.

Calendar:
1. When I open the calendar, sometimes it will display yesterdays calendar rather than today. One time, it was showing 2 days in the future.

Nothing major, but this phone has some bugs for sure. Coming from a Pre, where I didn't have any bugs, things just worked the same way every time, other than occasional lock ups, I'm just not used to having to deal with bugs. This phone is much more powerful for sure, almost has too many options for me :)

Last edited:

luda817

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site

my phone randomly restarts and the apps i moved to the SD card show the android icon whenever i restart my phone or the phone randomly restarts itsself. I've also had the screen go black on me before with the 4 buttons lite up on the bottom, and also the gmail app stopped auto pushing my emails to me. i've had the phone for 4 days now and i love it so far expect for these random annoyances. anybody know of any solutions to these problems?

I have the same probolems..i'm goign back to sprit and swapping it.

Rose4uKY

May 8, 2010
Visit site
Netflix does work you have to google the .apk and find it.I got the netflix apk and the old flashlight apk for the old flashlight that was on our phone.I never hooked my phone up to my TV before when I had the EVO but I think instead of the HDMI it's a different cord and it charges and hooks up to your TV and it goes in the side port it's called DLNA or something like that sorry I don't know exactly.

I feel like if anyone is having major problems with ya phone u need to bring it to the sprint store. I do wanna add that the netflix don't work on the phone right now. I was a little disappointed when I got the phone the day it came out because a lot of app I had on my EVO4g I can't get on this one right now. This phone have a faster processer and still load slow. As a matter of fact I was told by sprint that it have 2 processers. Sprint told me that this EVO3d is to advanced for a lot of the apps so we all have to wait for the apps to upgrade and catch up with our phone. I really do know if that's true or now. And about the HDMI I asked sprint about that to and really the workers at the sprint store I went to the day the phone came out They did not know thereselves. They tried to look it up but I could of did the same **** cuz they went to Google. So what I need to know is can we hook it to the tv and watch movies off of it like the EVO4g? I did download the movie green hornet but what ever SD card u have in ya phone when u first download it that's the one u gotta have in when u wanna watch it. It will not let u download it again. I love phones I am a phone freak so if tall wanna contact me to see if I'm having a problem or if u find something interesting email me kourtneypredium@yahoo.com follow me on Twitter Kourtney Predium.

youngzayiles

Dec 17, 2009
Visit site

Im having a issue with my ringtones... Whenever I set a custom ringtone, it defaults back to the htc quietly brilliant ringtone whenever I power off my phone... Its annoying.. Any fixes to this or is anyone else having this problem?

cbwrob

Apr 8, 2011
Visit site

I still love the phone but I am also having minor inconveniences...the black screen happened to me last night and that was really frustrating...I also have been having multiple HTC sense failed to respond(Wait ot Force close) freezing my screen.

I bought it premier online do you think I should swap for another unit...do I have to do it online or will a store do it for me?

Also do you think the issues above are worth swapping the phone...is it possible an APP I have is causing it?

Someone please respond as I don't know what to do.

domer

May 18, 2010
Visit site

I still love the phone but I am also having minor inconveniences...the black screen happened to me last night and that was really frustrating...I also have been having multiple HTC sense failed to respond(Wait ot Force close) freezing my screen.

I bought it premier online do you think I should swap for another unit...do I have to do it online or will a store do it for me?

Also do you think the issues above are worth swapping the phone...is it possible an APP I have is causing it?

Someone please respond as I don't know what to do.

I'm not a big fan of settling for something that isn't right, but if your problem is limited to the black screen issue AND if you can easily wake the phone up from this w/out having to restart, I would think twice about swapping given some of the other issues that people have been posting.

My black screen issue resolves either on its own after several seconds or by me clicking the power button on and off. It also does NOT happen frequently.

An app can surely be causing this. I guess the only way to prove this is to reset your phone and slowly reinstall apps until you can duplicate the problem.

cbwrob

Apr 8, 2011
Visit site

I'm not a big fan of settling for something that isn't right, but if your problem is limited to the black screen issue AND if you can easily wake the phone up from this w/out having to restart, I would think twice about swapping given some of the other issues that people have been posting.

My black screen issue resolves either on its own after several seconds or by me clicking the power button on and off. It also does NOT happen frequently.

An app can surely be causing this. I guess the only way to prove this is to reset your phone and slowly reinstall apps until you can duplicate the problem.

Unfortunately the only resolution was pulling the battery and restarting the phone.

I don't want to do this everytime the phone locks up on me. The constant HTC sense errors are really becoming a nuisance.

I have a little time to figure if this is minor or major...surely HTC is working on some of the issues being mentioned in this and I am sure several other forums.

blaidan

Jan 7, 2011
Visit site

Great idea! I'll do the same with my BlueAnt that I have laying around. I stopped using that b/c the battery life compared to my Plantronics was pathetic. Worth a try though...

Well, after changing over to my old Plantronics I made a call and the person (they were not using a Bluetooth on their end) said they were not hearing any echo. I then made another call to my wife (who was using her Bluetooth) and I talked to her for a few minutes (previously she had said that the echo was so bad that she couldn't even stay on the call). I did not tell her anything about my Bluetooth. After about 5 minutes of talking to her I asked her if she could hear any echo. She initially said, no and asked if I was on my Bluetooth. Once I told her I was she then said, "Wait a minute. I can actually hear a slight echo." Women.

Nice. i think had I not said anything she never would have noticed anything. So, I'm not sure what to make of this. Seems the switch to another Bluetooth no doubt helped. But not sure if it completely fixed the issue.

domer

May 18, 2010
Visit site

Unfortunately the only resolution was pulling the battery and restarting the phone.

I don't want to do this everytime the phone locks up on me. The constant HTC sense errors are really becoming a nuisance.

I have a little time to figure if this is minor or major...surely HTC is working on some of the issues being mentioned in this and I am sure several other forums.

I hear you on all your points. That is really is unfortunate. Have you tried a hard reset to see if that resolves things?

I really hope HTC is working on these, but having to pull the battery every time that happens is not reasonable. Sorry to hear that.

domer

May 18, 2010
Visit site

Well, after changing over to my old Plantronics I made a call and the person (they were not using a Bluetooth on their end) said they were not hearing any echo. I then made another call to my wife (who was using her Bluetooth) and I talked to her for a few minutes (previously she had said that the echo was so bad that she couldn't even stay on the call). I did not tell her anything about my Bluetooth. After about 5 minutes of talking to her I asked her if she could hear any echo. She initially said, no and asked if I was on my Bluetooth. Once I told her I was she then said, "Wait a minute. I can actually hear a slight echo." Women.

Nice. i think had I not said anything she never would have noticed anything. So, I'm not sure what to make of this. Seems the switch to another Bluetooth no doubt helped. But not sure if it completely fixed the issue.

Too funny with you wife...I COMPLETELY understand, lol.

Damn, I was hoping for a unequivocal resolution. I'll report back after I charge up my BlueAnt. You'd think the bluetooth stacks in the 4G would be the same (I had zero problems with this on that phone), but I guess not?

Rose4uKY

May 8, 2010
Visit site
I have no problem with my Blue Ant Q2 used it on the EVO 4G and now the 3D.

Too funny with you wife...I COMPLETELY understand, lol.

Damn, I was hoping for a unequivocal resolution. I'll report back after I charge up my BlueAnt. You'd think the bluetooth stacks in the 4G would be the same (I had zero problems with this on that phone), but I guess not?

hopefulfarm

Dec 10, 2010
Visit site

Domer,

I just went through that whole thing you did last night and it's complex and cumbersome to explain, but I thought maybe a little more detail might help some others if they get caught in this. I was on with a Sprint tech for a very long time because I didn't understand what Handcent could have to do with Visual Voicemail. When I set up the 3D, I made the mistake of telling Handcent to be the Default Messaging Application, which I had not done on the 4G. This somehow serious fouled Voicemail up completely, making all VM messages go back to the old dial-in style, accompanied by unannounced text messages to number 9016.

The solution is to not have Handcent be the default messaging application, but then every time you get a text message, you'd be notified twice: by Handcent and by the built-in messaging app. What you have to do--and what I'd forgotten--is to go into the settings of the built-in app, Messages, and turn off all send and receive notifications and Failure Notification. That effectively renders the Messages app "mute"; it's still active but you won't know it, and you can get back to using the best text messaging app out there, Handcent.

'Hope that makes things clearer.

This worked for me. To clarify: I turned off all notifications in the default messaging app, and turned OFF Handcent as default messaging app. I also had to reboot the phone to make the change work. It wasn't working without the reboot.

Has anyone reported this issue to Handcent?

domer

May 18, 2010
Visit site

This worked for me. To clarify: I turned off all notifications in the default messaging app, and turned OFF Handcent as default messaging app. I also had to reboot the phone to make the change work. It wasn't working without the reboot.

Has anyone reported this issue to Handcent?

I haven't reported this issue, but good point.

monkeyzero

Nov 13, 2009
Visit site
Maybe a new one...
HTC Hub keeps notifying me that new widgets are available, but when I click it, its the same 6 or so listed. Annoying that it happens once a day.
Also, has anyone tried the sound sets under personalization? I downloaded "8 bit" and when i applied it, it changed all my notification sounds to songs in my music library. Not only that, but each time I get a new call or message, it changes the ringtone again!
This sense 3.0 went in half baked I think.
We need public betas like with video games...or something. LOL.

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk

enthuz

Jun 9, 2011
Visit site

BT is a protocol with many variations in versions and implementations across/within brands. Therefore there will never be an end to BT issues and incompatibilities. Sometimes the handshake doesn't take properly and your can get echos, feedback, no audio nor connection. I have just reconnected or repaired if drastic and it works. BT is like HDMI in this sense...It isn't perfect, but it is nice to have when it works.Same reason not all phones will pair in all cars.

I laughed at the wife comment. Mine is the same way. She is a BT junkie too.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brownsjames