Let's be honest here , who's trading in their X for s3?

nirvana4all

Dec 21, 2011
Visit site
Remember, Samsung on AT&T will never updaate any of the problems the S3 will have. HTC already has. I am speaking as a former Samsung Captivate owner, and a present international OX owner. Stick with the OX. So much better!

TheCrazy88

Nov 17, 2010
Visit site
I've had Samsung phones for a long time. I'm enjoying my one x. yeah battery and storage but the one x is a good phone and I've been testing streaming data to save storage and for me I don't see going over my data. But to each there own.

terrycanfly

Jul 28, 2010
Visit site
Camera in the s3 is better. the hox has the same sensor thats in the galaxy s2 while the sensor in the s3 is a newer modified version of the one in the iphone 4s. both give you fast shutters, iso's and have decent apetures. alsp the processors may be the same but the larger amount of ram in the s3 will increase performance which does equate to a faster phone at the end of the day. especially on a unix based system. then you have removable battery and expandable memory so yes the s3 is leaps and bounds ahead of htc one x. also multi tasking isnt broken on samsung.

SAENZ_SCENE

Aug 31, 2011
Visit site
Pick what you like and don't look back. Each phone will appeal to different people and you shouldn't go with a phone because other people say its better. Be happy with what you get. As long as its Android lol jk. These two phones are great. Whichever people decide to pick, there is no bad choice.

Sent from my HTC One X

cluckkillerb

Mar 17, 2010
Visit site
  • S3 Screen is trivially larger. Most people can't tell the difference.
  • Camera is not a wash. Not by any stretch of the imagination. HOX wins hands down.
  • S3 can be had with 64gig memory, but not if you get it from AT&T. It wins the storage battle ONLY because of microsd support.
  • MUCH longer battery life is absolutely NOT TRUE, at least given equal tests in equal areas with the same carrier. Comparing quad core versions of both phones, HOX wins.
  • The S3 is NOT faster.

So wrong on all but one of your items.

Oddly, you failed to mention the removable battery that gives the S3 an edge in some people's mind.

• While the screen size difference might be trivial, it's still larger; you can't say the numbers lie..
  • The OneX camcorder has a hard time dealing with changes in lighting, you'll see a step up or step down effect as the camera pans from low light targets to higher light; whereas the S3 is smoother and less noticeable when doing the same thing. Although the OneX does take better photos in my opinion, it's just barely.
  • S3 expandable memory > OneX built in memory (limiting)
  • S3 swap-able battery > OneX built in battery (limiting)
  • The US S3 will be faster than the US OneX, same processor and double the ram...period.

Honestly whether one beats the other in terms of battery, camera or built in memory is pretty subjective...they're both beasts and you're not going to get any better in the next 3-4 months.

oldskoolsc

May 8, 2012
Visit site
i just went over my 30 days with the HOX. It has certainly been an experience coming form windows phone. I have had some wi-fi issues and the multi tasking must not bother me that much to where i havent noticed it much.The camera has been excellent for me, and the apps are more than the windows phone (not to bash them). So im staying with my HOX good luck with the SG3.

06cbrf4i

Sep 10, 2010
Visit site
Camera in the s3 is better. the hox has the same sensor thats in the galaxy s2 while the sensor in the s3 is a newer modified version of the one in the iphone 4s. both give you fast shutters, iso's and have decent apetures. alsp the processors may be the same but the larger amount of ram in the s3 will increase performance which does equate to a faster phone at the end of the day. especially on a unix based system. then you have removable battery and expandable memory so yes the s3 is leaps and bounds ahead of htc one x. also multi tasking isnt broken on samsung.

Leaps and bounds? Don't be silly.

anon(26204)

May 24, 2010
Visit site
Also don't forget the reason behind shipping the S4 version of the GS3 with 2GB of RAM is because TouchWiz 5 uses a good majority of it compared to the international 1GB QuadCore versions. You won't notice any performance increase and really won't have any spare RAM waiting to be utilized because of this.

The only area the GS3 wins out is in expandable storage and swappable batteries. All the Samsung "features" like S-Voice, Smart Stay, Direct Call etc. are all just gimmicks and don't really increase the UX on the phone.

Also, comparing device support of HTC vs Samsung is hilarious.

That's exactly what I told my buddies. I'm staying with Evo LTE

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums

npaladin-2000

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
I just dumped a Capitvate Glide for my One X. The One X's battery has been excellent, and the screen is drool-worthy. I have had zero multi-tasking problems and actually prefer the pseudo-WebOS setup that HTC uses. TouchWIZ just didn't impress me, and I especially don't like the lack of flexibility (the buttons in the notification area taking up space, I'd rather use widgets and shut those off...plus you pretty much have to commit to dark themes to preserve battery on an AMOLED screen...color saturation is real nice but LCDs are pretty close).

I do wonder why HTC didn't put in a memory card slot but I can live with 16 GB, and I carry a MicroUSB battery pack around, since that'll charge my phone, tablet OR eReader.

BTW, the camera sensors in the HOX and the S3 are exactly the same, and the same as the one on the iPhone4 from what I hear. HTC includes a dedicated imaging co-processor.

The Samsung is a nice design, but it's partially designed to ape the iPhone, which instantly turns some off. I also don't like the feel of their materials, and these peel-off battery "doors" are starting to make me nervous. I could probably use a GS3, but I prefer the HOX. I wonder how the ATRIX3/DROID HD will stack up, too, should be a direct competitor.

NateBoii

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
lol, so many unsatisfied one x owners wow! i wont be getting s3 or one x.
im waiting to see what jb quadcore brings later this yr.

ItsaRaid

May 24, 2010
Visit site
I have a Sensory Hearing Deficit. Audio output is critical to me. In call phone, speakerphone and multimedia. I currently have a Atrix2, phone is a never ending slew of problems....however audio output and display are awesome. Anyone know how the Audio output of the HOX or S-3 compare to the Atrix2. I already know the Display on the HOX is a winner.
Hope someone has had experience with the A2 and can let me know.

Last edited:

juststart

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site
I'm definitely thinking about switching but I just don't know. Part of knows I just love the latest and greatest but I am pretty happy with this phone.

Sent from my HTC One X using Android Central Forums

Reactions: locote25

iJITSU

Dec 18, 2010
Visit site
I preordered a GSIII. When I get it, I'll test it out and either keep the One X and return the GSIII or keep the GSIII and sell the One X. There are attributes of each that I really like, but until I get the GSIII in hand and run it through a typical few days I won't know which phone I'll prefer/keep.

Jimbizzzale

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
I have the Evo LTE and there is no way in hell I would ever go back to Samsung after owning the Epic 4g.

I have had no issues with multi-tasking, im not sure what the commotion is all about.

imadboitru

Oct 5, 2010
Visit site
I pretty much swore off Samsung & T-mobile for life also after having major microphone/ call quality issues with the Galaxy S 2 on T-mobile.

xXBLACKBERRYXx5

May 18, 2012
Visit site
Well, consider yourself lucky if you have never experienced it.
Try this:
1. Launch the stock notes app, compose a random note.
2. Tap the home button (or recent apps button), launch the camera app, take a few pictures.
3. Launch the email app, view an email.
(Optional: also go view a webpage in the browser app)
4. Switch back to the notes app.
What happens? Is it where you left off?

Developer of Dock for Android/iOS/webOS, Panes for iPad, Glimpse for TouchPad

I see now. I went to note and typed a few words and tried to go back to this app and it was on a different page. But still, that's not a big deal to me.

Sent from my HTC One X using Android Central Forums

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TexasIndia