Let's be honest here , who's trading in their X for s3?

ZW1990

Jul 1, 2012
Visit site
Took mine back tonight and got an SIII at walmart for $148 plus tax which is $10 cheaper than they are selling the one x for. So far I like the SIII more but there are a few things I miss about the one x. Switcing from ios to android has been easier than I expected to btw.

aandrewalv8

Jun 9, 2012
Visit site
I actually did the opposite, I exchanged my S3 for an HOX. I have the S3 for about two weeks and the HOX for about a week and what I've noticed is that the HOX had a better battery life and a better screen. I was using both phone heavily too.

The S3 was too light and felt way too cheap considering the price I was paying, the HOX feels like such a premium phone in the hands. The S3 felt like it was going to shatter if I dropped it from any height. The HOX feels like it won't break after the first drop.

The screen on the HOX is better than the S3. Don't get me wrong, the display on the S3 was great but the HOX has an even better one.

When I use the multitasking button, it takes me back to exactly where I was before. It doesn't start the app over or anything.

The only real advantage I see the S3 has over the HOX is that it has expandable storage - but then again the HOX has dropbox to store files. And the S3 has a removable battery and the HOX doesn't.

All in all, I'm so glad I exchanged phones, the HOX is such a sleek and sexy phone. It doesn't feel like a toy from Toys-R-Us that my 3 year old cousin is going to play with. :cool:

katamari201

Oct 22, 2011
Visit site
Yeah I think people should stop using the excuse that DropBox is a good alternative to lack of storage expandability. It's suppose to be supplemental and a consolation. You have to be rich to afford the data plans to use dropbox effectively like real storage, like say streaming an HD movie all the way through, etc., and relying on spotty 4G coverage or god forbid EDGE with large pings and slow speeds over a physical almost instantaneous flash storage. The HOX has merits and flaws and it needs to own up to both.

JHBThree

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
Yeah I think people should stop using the excuse that DropBox is a good alternative to lack of storage expandability. It's suppose to be supplemental and a consolation. You have to be rich to afford the data plans to use dropbox effectively like real storage, like say streaming an HD movie all the way through, etc., and relying on spotty 4G coverage or god forbid EDGE with large pings and slow speeds over a physical almost instantaneous flash storage. The HOX has merits and flaws and it needs to own up to both.

For many people, drop box is a good alternative. For you it clearly is not. Not everyone is like you. Keep that in mind.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: DizWhiz

vedwardsiii

Jul 7, 2012
Visit site
I took my HOX back after about five days on it due to signal issue and over heating while watching HD content. Both are sweet phones but a two year contract I could not chance getting stuck with it and possibly no solution. I know warranty stuff could help and new software would most likely come out to solve bugs but again I couldn't wait.

locote25

Jun 22, 2012
Visit site
What do you know?? I just switched the HOX with the GS3.... AND YES I LOVE IT

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums

robstunner

Android Connoisseur
Jun 3, 2010
Visit site
I keep going back an forth. Signal, build, screen, and beats audio(totally opinion) and OEM accessories makes the HOX awesome. MicroSD, removable battery and fluidity make the SGS3 better. They are so comparable you just have to go to the store and play with both yourself.

taojin

Jul 7, 2011
Visit site
I had the HOX at first and while it was a solid phone HTC's quality control is something to be desired. My first HOX and a chip in the glass, the second had a noticeable scratch on the glass and the third was cracked between the earpiece holes... This is not new from HTC as I've had nothing but quality control issues from them. Switched to the S3 and I couldn't be happier.

erwaso

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
I've had my HOX for 5 days and for me dropbox IS a great alternative since I only used 7 of 8gb on sd card on my Aria for pics, vids and music. I turn off auto upload and just wait til I'm on wifi to transfer from sd storage to Dropbox. Screen IS better than the gs3 I played with and don't notice a diff in speed at all.

ConvInced a phone rep at AT&T to price match same and got mine for $98.99. Definitely not trading for an S3.

jlh73

Jun 17, 2012
Visit site
Well I have been using both. I got to say in my opinion only I think I'm liking the one x just a little better. As others stated at first the lack of sd card and removable battery had me concerned. But using an iPhone on the past I was used to that. The hox defiantly feels better to hold and has a great build quality. So I'm torn on which one to use but I'm.still leaning towards the hox.

Sent from my HTC One X using Android Central Forums

aggie

Apr 28, 2010
Visit site
I keep going back an forth. Signal, build, screen, and beats audio(totally opinion) and OEM accessories makes the HOX awesome. MicroSD, removable battery and fluidity make the SGS3 better. They are so comparable you just have to go to the store and play with both yourself.

I see from xda you are back to the HOX. I would be too if I hadn't picked up a gsm Nexus from I/O with Jelly Bean. Holy cow what a difference Jelly Bean makes. Had a horrible experience with the VZW Gnex but this thing is great. I do still find myself wanting to pull my HOX out of the box every day though. The build, look, camera, screen are that good. Just wish the multitasking was better and of course it had Jelly Bean. Gonna keep it around to see how it improves thru updates. My GS3, while a nice phone, is going back before the return period is up

crackberrytraitor

May 10, 2012
Visit site
I see from xda you are back to the HOX. I would be too if I hadn't picked up a gsm Nexus from I/O with Jelly Bean. Holy cow what a difference Jelly Bean makes. Had a horrible experience with the VZW Gnex but this thing is great. I do still find myself wanting to pull my HOX out of the box every day though. The build, look, camera, screen are that good. Just wish the multitasking was better and of course it had Jelly Bean. Gonna keep it around to see how it improves thru updates. My GS3, while a nice phone, is going back before the return period is up

No reason to keep an S3 if you have a Gnex. Same screen, and right now the gnex is faster.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

Reactions: xXBLACKBERRYXx5

steve dave

Aug 21, 2011
Visit site
No reason to keep an S3 if you have a Gnex. Same screen, and right now the gnex is faster.

They are certainly not the same screen. I have them sitting right next to each other and the s3 screen is way better than the nexus. And I doubt notice any speed difference between ics on the s3 and JB on the nexus except that once apps launch they are noticeably faster on the s3.

All that being said, they are both miles ahead of the one x. That may be worst phone I have used in the past 5 years. I couldn't make it a week on that piece of garbage. The screen is fantastic and camera are great. Unfortunately everything else is awful to the point of being practically unusable.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

steve dave

Aug 21, 2011
Visit site
They are certainly not the same screen. I have them sitting right next to each other and the s3 screen is way better than the nexus. And I don't notice any speed difference between ics on the s3 and JB on the nexus except that once apps launch they are noticeably faster on the s3.

All that being said, they are both miles ahead of the one x. That may be worst phone I have used in the past 5 years. I couldn't make it a week on that piece of garbage. The screen is fantastic and camera are great. Unfortunately everything else is awful to the point of being practically unusable.

aggie

Apr 28, 2010
Visit site
They are certainly not the same screen. I have them sitting right next to each other and the s3 screen is way better than the nexus. And I doubt notice any speed difference between ics on the s3 and JB on the nexus except that once apps launch they are noticeably faster on the s3.

regarding the HOX I'd say that's a little over the top. It is far from garbage, but then again one man's garbage is another man's treasure. The software can be fixed, and now that HTC has released the kernel sources we are going to start seeing good things for the One X. As for hardware, I'd put the HOX up against any phone on the market.

as for the Nexus/S3 screen, maybe my eyes are failing but I can't say that the S3 is much better than the Nexus. A little bit? Yes. Overall I like the experience better with Jelly Bean on the Nexus.

crackberrytraitor

May 10, 2012
Visit site

The nexus is WAY smoother than the S3, in every way and it certainly is noticeable. Every member of the AC staff who ditched their phones for 1 can tell you so. And they certainly do have the same screen. The contract/color balance is set differently on the GS3 but the actual display is exactly the same piece of hardware. Look it up bro. And hey, with CM9 on my One X it runs way faster and smoother than the GS3, with uber awesome multitasking, just like a nexus.

Reactions: locote25

crackberrytraitor

May 10, 2012
Visit site
regarding the HOX I'd say that's a little over the top. It is far from garbage, but then again one man's garbage is another man's treasure. The software can be fixed, and now that HTC has released the kernel sources we are going to start seeing good things for the One X. As for hardware, I'd put the HOX up against any phone on the market.

as for the Nexus/S3 screen, maybe my eyes are failing but I can't say that the S3 is much better than the Nexus. A little bit? Yes. Overall I like the experience better with Jelly Bean on the Nexus.

^ This. We'll have a smooth jellybean ROM by Monday.

aggie

Apr 28, 2010
Visit site
The nexus is WAY smoother than the S3, in every way and it certainly is noticeable. Every member of the AC staff who ditched their phones for 1 can tell you so. And they certainly do have the same screen. The contract/color balance is set differently on the GS3 but the actual display is exactly the same piece of hardware. Look it up bro. And hey, with CM9 on my One X it runs way faster and smoother than the GS3, with uber awesome multitasking, just like a nexus.

Agree 100% on the smoothness of the nexus with JB. Goes to show what good unmolested software can do when older hardware is running as good or better than these newer devices. Imagine the S3 or HOX with stock JB. Have yet to try CM9 on my HOX just because I can't pry my Nexus from my hands.

crackberrytraitor

May 10, 2012
Visit site
Agree 100% on the smoothness of the nexus with JB. Goes to show what good unmolested software can do when older hardware is running as good or better than these newer devices. Imagine the S3 or HOX with stock JB. Have yet to try CM9 on my HOX just because I can't pry my Nexus from my hands.

I don't have to image, I've tries the jelly bean alpha ROM for the One X.