battery drain with jelly bean

brandonx1000

rule the air.
Mar 22, 2010
Visit site
Never had a problem with ICS on my VZW Nexus. I usually leave 4G off unless I need it and could easily get 24 hours on a single charge.

I noticed after I flashed JB, my battery life is horrible. I am currently at 53% after 3 hours off the charger, and I didn't even touch my phone.

I did wipe data/cache/dalvik before install, and i did apply the WiFi fix.

Anything else?

Nakrohtap

Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
Double-check to make sure you are not logged in to Google+ too. I think mine was logged in by default and I had to manually log out.

brandonx1000

rule the air.
Mar 22, 2010
Visit site
Sounds like you need a different kernel? What are you currently running?

i was running stock 4.0.4 unlocked and rooted until i ran v1 of Vicious. i just flashed over v2 because of the included WiFi fix and it included a kernel, so i'm going to try it.

did v1 come with a new kernel, or was i using my stock ICS one?

zulu308

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
download cpu spy and see if your phone is deep sleeping. if not, flash the stock kernel or franco 201 JB kernel. I'm using stock and my phone sleeps but not all the time.

zkSharks

Retired Moderator
Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
This thread in the Rooting/ROMs/Hacks section has all the information on 4.1 for the Nexus. Click here to go to the post with kernels. I believe he was referring to the 210 kernel, mistakenly typing 201. If so, you can find it here.

You can find the stock kernel in that post, too. If you do decide to try out Franco's work, however, keep in mind the "note" from that post:

Note - at the moment, set on boot doesn't work. Of greater concern is the fact that when you "reboot," the MAX CPU in his franco.Kernel updater app "automatically sets" at 1200 MHz. You want to change this immediately, primarily because that 1200 MHz option is not a supported option.

turdbogls

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
do a google search for better battery stats. there is a free version on that other site not to be mentioned here, or paid version on the market.

i used this app to see if i had any partial wakelocks. turned out Maps and "equalizer" was keeping my phone awake and chewing through battery.
i deleted "maps" from system app, rebooted, and downloaded it from the play store, and that fixed that (also signed in and out of latitude). but equalizer was still keeping me awake. so i uninstalled that, and now i am just as good on battery as ICS was.

anon(469638)

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
I personally just removed the ROM and started from the beginning. This seemed to solve my battery problems with JB on my Nexus. Also seemed to fix other issues.