down loaded ics last night - battery use this morning

sammy1412

Feb 16, 2012
Visit site
down loaded last night, everything went fine.

got up this moring at 6:10 and unplugged the phone (alarm started going off) hit snooze until 6:45, got up, turned the alarm off.

screen is set to 1 minute time out, brightness is set low (it was actually at its lowest setting)

havent used the phone since, got to work this morning at 7:45, battery left: 90%

according to GSam battery monitor:

phone: time - 0
screen: time - 45 minutes 47sec - 74.7%
app usage: 15% (7% kernal)

seemes very pretty low for so little use, especially with the screen brightness turned down..

i know alot of people are having batttery issues with the update, so figured i'd throw my into things as well

sammy1412

Feb 16, 2012
Visit site
47a2d904b3127ccef0e66c494cc800000030O0wAcNGrRy2ZN2bUHt58F

sammy1412

Feb 16, 2012
Visit site
10% in two hours with just using the alarm for half an hour and the display set to min...

seems pretty bad to me.....

think i am looking into the factory reset like others have done.

hakimmmmm

Jan 14, 2012
Visit site
Dude dont expect much difference after factory reset its almost same and you will be left with the pain of installing all your app all over again

Sent from my XT910 using Tapatalk 2

sammy1412

Feb 16, 2012
Visit site
Dude dont expect much difference after factory reset its almost same and you will be left with the pain of installing all your app all over again

i thought the apps reinstall from google play?

and i think i have seem more posts with good results than bad...?

jmarrale

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
I have been experiencing slow data speeds since the upgrade i have had 4 replacements and a new simcard sknce the upgrade....motorola said this is a issue they are working on but no ETA on the patch. The big Verizon said oh well they are the provider not the manufacturer so deal with it (in nicer words) of course they offer me a downgrade to the g-nex that i had already..... i cant wait for my contact to be up

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Android Central Forums

hakimmmmm

Jan 14, 2012
Visit site
It reinstalls ofcourse but still pain in the ass. :) and yea you will notice little diference and maybe not so what i mean is dont expect much diffence n feel dissepointd

maynardjames

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
45 minutes of screen time would be the reason for the 10% drop even at the lowest setting

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Android Central Forums

carracerz14

Feb 18, 2012
Visit site
So after an hour of being unplugged you had 45 mins of screen on time. No wonder you are at 90. People need to realize when you have your screen on for a long period of time in just a few hours your battery will still go down. Who would have thought?

Sent from my RAZR MAXXIMUS ;)

Reactions: maynardjames

sammy1412

Feb 16, 2012
Visit site
So after an hour of being unplugged you had 45 mins of screen on time. No wonder you are at 90. People need to realize when you have your screen on for a long period of time in just a few hours your battery will still go down. Who would have thought?

i would have thought that on its lowest setting it wouldnt have drained the battery that much, thats who would have thought.

especially when the lowest setting is fairly dark now, to the point where i actually have a bit of trouble reading the screen in avergarely lit room at that setting.

LegalAmerican

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
i would have thought that on its lowest setting it wouldnt have drained the battery that much, thats who would have thought.

especially when the lowest setting is fairly dark now, to the point where i actually have a bit of trouble reading the screen in avergarely lit room at that setting.

If 90% is unacceptable after 45 minutes of screen on time, try doing that with the Galaxy Nexus, Rezound, Bionic, S3, etc....... You'll be looking for a charger.

tonofmort

Sep 7, 2011
Visit site
Isn't it also possible that after 45 minutes of screen time, you had only actually used 6% of the battery? And it rounds down to the nearest ten? You'll notice it takes a lot more usage to move it from 90 to 80 because you're actually going from 94% to 84% as opposed to 100% to 94%.

sammy1412

Feb 16, 2012
Visit site
If 90% is unacceptable after 45 minutes of screen on time, try doing that with the Galaxy Nexus, Rezound, Bionic, S3, etc....... You'll be looking for a charger.

did i say unaccceptable?

before i rant, i posted my bat time over a couple hour period of time.

maybe i should have been clearer and stated that before the update, when i got to work, i wasnt at 90%. it was usually 94-95.

again, as i said, not a big deal, but a difference, and not for the better, so i posted it.

bradenfontaine

The Mad Man
Nov 8, 2011
Visit site
You guys need to remember that your screen takes a lot of juice to power on. Just use auto brightness control, dimming it to the point that is hard to read will only keep the screen on longer trying to figure out what you are looking at.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: cubetop

LegalAmerican

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
did i say unaccceptable?

before i rant, i posted my bat time over a couple hour period of time.

maybe i should have been clearer and stated that before the update, when i got to work, i wasnt at 90%. it was usually 94-95.

again, as i said, not a big deal, but a difference, and not for the better, so i posted it.

You didn't say "unacceptable" but you posted the thread saying that seemed low for such little use.

Why is it that people are so quick to point out what words they did or didn't use, when what they DID say is either the same exact meaning, or at the very least it alludes to it? I can understand if someone twists your words terribly, and changes the meaning entirely. But come on.........

carracerz14

Feb 18, 2012
Visit site
You guys are too spoiled by the battery on the maxx. I stop expecting it to last a million hours, if you use i, t it will still go down.

Try using your phone the same way you do now on a nexus or similar device, it will be dead in 3 hours.

Reactions: bradenfontaine