New Nexus 4 purchase: Anyone get a shipping notification or tracking number?

aaridici

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
Been following this thread for a while. Guess ill chime in too.

Order date: Nov 13, 2012 11:55:19 AM CST
Order: ONE Nexus 4 | 16GB

I'm surprised people have decided to buy the Lumia instead of the LG Optimus G. Why is that?

Having a Nokia in my pocket right this moment, I have to say the build quality and battery life. If you are a person not too concerned with the limited environment of WP and the looser than iOS and undoubtedly stricter than Android restrictions, Lumia's are amazing. However, I value the ability to take good photos and WP 7 lacked it and I won't tolerate that anymore. Also my roommate had one of those 3D LG's and that thing did not last long...

rballen85

Apr 29, 2011
Visit site
I got my order in at 11:44 Eastern on Tuesday and received my tracking number at 4 this morning. Shows it leaving Louisville at 1:30. Wish I could have picked it up, I only live 2 hours from Louisville.

Cyacene

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
So have there been any shipping notifications that came after the initial batch at 3am?

Right now there seems to be three groups of people: Shipped this morning, back ordered emails about an hour ago, and no emails. Is that right?

PANDAFR3SH

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Having a Nokia in my pocket right this moment, I have to say the build quality and battery life. If you are a person not too concerned with the limited environment of WP and the looser than iOS and undoubtedly stricter than Android restrictions, Lumia's are amazing. However, I value the ability to take good photos and WP 7 lacked it and I won't tolerate that anymore. Also my roommate had one of those 3D LG's and that thing did not last long...

Couldn't agree with you more. The lack of applications in the market is a big one for me. I am an app hungry person lol. I've owned a few WP, and the build quality is definitely on point. I was debating between the LG Optimus G, and Nexus 4 since the phones are almost identical minus the UI. Obviously, I have decided to go Nexus 4, the back ordered email kinda sucks but I'm going to stick it through and deal with it. My iPhone 5 is already boring me to death. So I am also hoping some people are correct and we won't have to actually wait 3 weeks.

prashanthuk365

Oct 2, 2010
Visit site
So have there been any shipping notifications that came after the initial batch at 3am?

Right now there seems to be three groups of people: Shipped this morning, back ordered emails about an hour ago, and no emails. Is that right?

Yes... those are the three batches of emails i guess too..

frageelay

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
I got my order in at 11:44 Eastern on Tuesday and received my tracking number at 4 this morning. Shows it leaving Louisville at 1:30. Wish I could have picked it up, I only live 2 hours from Louisville.

Mine departed about the same time. Much longer trip ahead of it. Waiting to see if it arrives tomorrow or Monday.

slowman

Jul 10, 2010
Visit site

Seems to be right. I haven't received anything other than the confirmation of my order. Google Play "My Orders" page still says Shipping Estimate: November 15. It has never said "Completed" like some others have said. No tracking email... no back order email. Fingers crossed.

Nof603

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Ordered 16gb Nov 13, 8:44 pst. Nothing yet.
No news is good news.

I was starting to wonder if no news is good news as well.. as in should I take it as a good sign that I still have not received the backordered email? Maybe my shipment confirmation email got lost in the shuffle?

djkleric

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Yup I am in limbo. No tracking, no backorder. Just confirmation.
If I remember correctly, I didn't get a shipping email from Google for my nexus 7

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Matt Beaulne

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
I was starting to wonder if no news is good news as well.. as in should I take it as a good sign that I still have not received the backordered email? Maybe my shipment confirmation email got lost in the shuffle?

I talked to a rep and he asked if I had gotten the email, and because I had not yet, I am safe. There were 3 waves and the last one ended about 30-45 min ago. If you have not gotten an email from them, I think your safe!

frageelay

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site

Give them a call. Great news for you!

slowman

Jul 10, 2010
Visit site
I talked to a rep and he asked if I had gotten the email, and because I had not yet, I am safe. There were 3 waves and the last one ended about 30-45 min ago. If you have not gotten an email from them, I think your safe!

Good to hear. Until that 4th and 5th wave of back order batched emails start to get sent ;)

Nof603

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site

Thanks for the response! I really hope this is true!! :D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
accessibilitys88