Jaredshoes

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site
Last edited:

mclarryjr

Retired Moderator
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
That's great news for anyone who wants to root. Now everyone an experience Sense 5 if they choose to.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2

Jaredshoes

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site
Seriously awesome news, hopefully it doesn't take to long to be released

Sent with my locked up DNA :( via the Android Central App

dplane

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
Does or will the DNA have a way to root using an unlock key from htcdev without going full s off? Never saw the need for s off on the resound bc I just adb pushed my kernels and recovery img files. Too easy to accidently hard brick with s off.

Posted via Android Central App

Jaredshoes

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site
Does or will the DNA have a way to root using an unlock key from htcdev without going full s off? Never saw the need for s off on the resound bc I just adb pushed my kernels and recovery img files. Too easy to accidently hard brick with s off.

Posted via Android Central App

Doubt it because that'd have to be pushed by htc/Verizon I believe

Sent with my locked up DNA :( via the Android Central App

mclarryjr

Retired Moderator
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
I believe you'd be able to root without S-off but I disagree with your reasons for doing that. I would think you would leave more work for yourself by not doing that resulting in a greater chance of bricking your phone. I have screwed a 2 different devices messing around and sent both in to Verizon for replacements and nothing was said. It's also pretty hard to brick a device beyond repair.

Daniel.Lynch

Jun 15, 2010
Visit site
I believe you'd be able to root without S-off but I disagree with your reasons for doing that. I would think you would leave more work for yourself by not doing that resulting in a greater chance of bricking your phone. I have screwed a 2 different devices messing around and sent both in to Verizon for replacements and nothing was said. It's also pretty hard to brick a device beyond repair.

I can agree with the last comment. I rooted my Droid 1 when I was 15, thunderbolt when I was 17, and about to root the DNA when I'm 19. That would be three successful CLUELESS roots. I have no idea what I'm doing, I just like the stuff I can do after I root. I think its not hard as long as you follow the (sometimes cryptic) instructions.

Daniel.Lynch

Jun 15, 2010
Visit site
I have never rooted a dang thing in my life but you better bet I'ma try. I reallyyy want to flash sense 5.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Android Central Forums

From my experience rooting has gotten progressively more difficult as carriers lock the bootloaders. Rooting the droid one was as easy as plugging it into your computer and running a program.

Jennifer Stough

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
From my experience rooting has gotten progressively more difficult as carriers lock the bootloaders. Rooting the droid one was as easy as plugging it into your computer and running a program.

Well then...when this finally comes through, expect much questions from me...after you've done it :p

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Android Central Forums

mclarryjr

Retired Moderator
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
There will be plenty of support when they release the tool/method and after a few times and you start to understand what your doing it gets much easier.

Daniel.Lynch

Jun 15, 2010
Visit site
There will be plenty of support when they release the tool/method and after a few times and you start to understand what your doing it gets much easier.

Thats what I'm counting on! :) I wonder if they've got a vanilla android ROM...

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ron1morgan