The "real" Galaxy S5 may still be in its way, S5 prime specs revealed

ibcop

Trusted Member
Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
Re: The "real" galaxy s5 may still be in its way, S5 prime specs revealed

So, since the specs are known, how long until something like this would be in production?

Anyone have any insight?

Premium1

Trusted Member
Nov 7, 2011
Visit site

Maybe this will be their F line or whatever their premium line was supposed to be called.
I think this will be what they use to combat the iPhone later in the year.

Apr 10, 2012
Visit site

So, since the specs are known, how long until something like this would be in production?

Anyone have any insight?

I have no clue on that side of the business, but I would be willing to be it wouldn't go into production until late may or sometime in June

Apr 10, 2012
Visit site

Maybe this will be their F line or whatever their premium line was supposed to be called.
I think this will be what they use to combat the iPhone later in the year.

I have a similar thought process on this. It makes too much sense imo.

They should be releasing an upgraded flagship ( for the note, galaxy and this potential new phone/line) every four months

anon(27512)

May 28, 2010
Visit site

I don't see why they would make this hero phone when they have the s5 that will sell and the higher end note line. Like where would this phone sit? Between the s5 and the note?

thegrants82

Banned
May 8, 2013
Visit site

Yeah I think that we all knew that the prime was going to happen, I was holding out for the google edition but I will definitely get this instead. Great reason to hold off a little longer:)
Likely Samsung Galaxy S5 model with Snapdragon 805 and a 5.2'' QHD (1440x2560) display revealed

Let me know if you can open that link please, thanks.

Sent from my Apple iPad Air using Tapatalk

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah I think that we all knew that the prime was going to happen, I was holding out for the google edition but I will definitely get this instead. Great reason to hold off a little longer:)
Likely Samsung Galaxy S5 model with Snapdragon 805 and a 5.2'' QHD (1440x2560) display revealed

Let me know if you can open that link please, thanks.

Sent from my Apple iPad Air using Tapatalk

Apr 10, 2012
Visit site

I don't see why they would make this hero phone when they have the s5 that will sell and the higher end note line. Like where would this phone sit? Between the s5 and the note?

It may end up being their top flagship. The sales of the S4 were lower than expectations I believe. In the overall scheme of things, it probably makes a lot of business sense to have another flagship, even if it hurts the galaxy in the process. If they space them out enough it can work well.

Apr 10, 2012
Visit site

Let's say we have this scenario :

Galaxy line come out in February

New potential line comes out in June
Note takes the fall

Each has plenty of space to breathe and get a good amount of time on the market before the next one comes out.

If each has a good amount of variation between themselves in terms of look and features, different customers will be attracted to each.

And remember, the sales for the galaxy usually slow down over the course of the year and are pretty cheap by the fall, so you know by then that you have pretty much gotten as much as you can out if that line. Then you just refresh it in February and start the next year off in the same way.

Xzibit3

Feb 28, 2014
Visit site
Re: Hopefully Galaxy S5 PRIME Specs....

It's been conformed that there isn't going to be a S5 Prime, it's probably a new like of devices, maybe the start of the Galaxy F series?

katmandoo122

Aug 18, 2011
Visit site

Nothing has been confirmed. It's speculation either way, unless you have a link that says otherwise. Having said that, what's the effective difference between an S5 Prime and a F1? Really, it's just a nameplate at that point.

However, the rumors are definitely indicating that Sammy is prepping something to steal some of Apple's thunder when they launch this summer (rumor is manufacturing of a 4.5 to 4.7 inch iPhone starts in thirty days - welcome to 2009, Apple). If the FURTHER rumors that Apple has had to scrap their 5.5 inch planned offering are true, I suspect Sammy will neuter this latest Prime/F1 rumor as well and let the Note 4 have its breathing space.

Still, all vaporware until we get solid indications.

atg284

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site

Also wouldnt it need to have gone through the FCC before release. Which is usually a month or two before launch in general?

I could see them release a premium 5ish inch phone mid to late summer to compete with the iphone more directly. They can keep the S series for general flagship and have the premium come out before the iphone. Either way I am sticking with my S5 pre-order. I have been waiting long enough and it was very nice in person. I'm not staying in the perpetual wait game any longer.

jonebk12

Jun 17, 2013
Visit site

Either way I am sticking with my S5 pre-order. I have been waiting long enough and it was very nice in person. I'm not staying in the perpetual wait game any longer.

I'm definitely with you here. If you just keep waiting for the next big thing that's only a few months away, you'll never upgrade. The S5 sounds like a great phone from everything I've seen and read and I'm excited about it. It's definitely going to be a major improvement on what I'm currently using.

Posted via Android Central App

jokout1

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site

Seems to me that Samsung would be looking to take the 4th Qtr and the holiday season back from Apple and launching a "Prime Series" phone early in the 4 th Qtr would be the way to do it! Samsung tends to take over the sales lead in the 2nd and 3rd qtrs and then looses it badly in the important 4th! If they could win the end of the year, in all likelihood they would beat Apple, their only TRUE competitor for overall smart phone sales! The ultimate goal for Samsung!
I think there is way too much smoke for there not to be fire! Samsung most defenitely will come with this phone, just how long will we have to wait...Late summer? Before Thanks Giving? Samsung is reportedly building the 4k displays and they are going to go into someones phone...I can't imagine Samsung would sell them to a competitor first!
The fly in the ointment with this whole thing may turn out to be a regional phone for Asia and the US and EU would never see it, but that really doesn't sound like a Samsung play and more like Sony!
In any case, I just don't think Samsung would scuttle S5 sales by bringing another premium devise any time soon and late summer/early fall seem like a better bet to me! Time will tell!

Cheers

ratchetjaw#AC

Oct 27, 2009
Visit site

I just want the 32 GB version of the one we know is coming next week

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

thegrants82

Banned
May 8, 2013
Visit site

I just want the 32 GB version of the one we know is coming next week

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

In all honesty? I bet that Verizon opens with the 32gb 10 days after the others open with the 16's. Worth the wait. 16's are practically useless.

Posted via Android Central App