Went back to my iPhone 5s.....

shanghaichica

Aug 17, 2013
Visit site
That's fine when other people are using the same platforms. But that is not everyone's experience. I personally have taken a huge hit in the messaging aspect since switching to the S5. 18 out of the 20 people I text regularly have iphones, and due to that, group messaging has been a horrible experience for me since switching. Obviously imessage is working well for all of them so what am I supposed to do, ask all of them to move to WhatsApp or another alternative just to suit my needs?

Can't you just send them a normal text message?

I have some contacts that have iPhones and I either send them a text message or what's app them.

Posted from my galaxy note 3

fofjjsr

Android4life
Aug 18, 2011
Visit site
The iPhone 5s sold 2.75 million untis in 24 hours. The iPhone 5c sold 1.32 million in 24 hours. So in one day Apple sold 4.07 million iPhones.

Not to start a war but ya Apple isnt worried. iOS 7 is fantastic for what it is. Not sure why the hate on it so much. As far as Apple Maps, that was back in iOS 6 and ya it wasnt that good then, but I have had no issues on iOS 7 when I was using it.

As far as Hangouts vs iMessage is concerned its not even close. iMessage trumps it 10 fold IMO. But thats all personal preference.

For the record I am still using the galaxy s5 :)

I didn't say they were worried. The will always have their faithful followers and the iPhone is still somewhat of a status symbol. But again, they have and continue to lose ground to Android phones (price sometimes) mainly Samsung. I read the S5 out sold the 5s (to the point the S5 was actually back ordered in some places, which never happens with Android Devices, or rarely) in it's first week. Another first for an Android device. As far as iMessage, I don't think it trumps Hangouts. Hangouts is just getting going in it's current state. Again too, iMessage only works on Apple devices to Apple devices, which makes it limited. That has always been my beef with a lot of Apple products, they limit themselves. I am not an Apple hater, just not a fan. They have played a key role in the tech business.

pappy53

Banned
Dec 23, 2009
Visit site
I read the S5 out sold the 5s (to the point the S5 was actually back ordered in some places, which never happens with Android Devices, or rarely) in it's first week.

A brand new flagship outsold a 7-month old phone?

But again, they have and continue to lose ground to Android phones (price sometimes) mainly Samsung.

World wise, yes, but not in the U.S.

iMessage is a great system, and I wish that Apple would make it cross-platform like Steve Jobs said that he would do.

BlueGoldAce

Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
A brand new flagship outsold a 7-month old phone?

World wise, yes, but not in the U.S.

iMessage is a great system, and I wish that Apple would make it cross-platform like Steve Jobs said that he would do.

No the claim is the s5 outsold the iphone on launch weekends comparatively.

I went back to my 5s.... But that because I waiting for the google play edition or what else is coming out soon.

pappy53

Banned
Dec 23, 2009
Visit site
No the claim is the s5 outsold the iphone on launch weekends comparatively.

I went back to my 5s.... But that because I waiting for the google play edition or what else is coming out soon.

The claim is based on percentages of phones sold, not actual numbers sold. That could be a huge difference, or not. But, it really doesn't matter, as we need all companies to do well.

zhelf

Zombie
Trusted Member
Nov 6, 2009
Visit site
i like the way you wrote that i was at first like.."o geez another falme thread" but that was clever bravo sir.

fofjjsr

Android4life
Aug 18, 2011
Visit site
http://m.tech.firstpost.com/news-an...ne-5s-in-the-us-on-launch-weekend-222428.html

% wise it did. You have to remember Samsung is competing with other companies that also make Android phones. They also launched it around the same time as HTCs flagship device. Only the iPhone carries the iOS, and when launched what other phones were released at that time to compete? Numbers wise yes, but you can't look solely at that. Other factors come into play. It would be interesting to me to see what iPhone numbers would look like if launched at the same time as other competing flagship devices.

Accused Samsung and Verizon fanboy from my Verizon Galaxy S5

wookiee2cu

Apr 17, 2014
Visit site
I used iPhones for the last 5 years (started with 3G) and they are great phones. The OS is stable and it just works; my problem was I got so bored with them and not being able to customize it like I can with the Droid, they are just so locked down even with the phone is jailbroken (which I did to all my iPhones). Hooking the Droid up to the computer and seeing the file structure, having an SD card where I can drop files is really nice; no more of the iTunes crap and issues with syncing with different computers. It just seems that Apple has lost it's vision with the iPhone. I mean the biggest improvement in the last few years is the larger screen with the iPhone 5, other than that new iOS, slightly improved battery and so on but these are things that are expected with any new release. The company just hasn't been the same since Jobs passed away and I doubt they ever will be.

pappy53

Banned
Dec 23, 2009
Visit site
It just seems that Apple has lost it's vision with the iPhone.

That 64-bit processor tells me that Apple hasn't lost it's vision. Good things are coming, but in their time, not our's. I think that one of their main goals each year is to improve the user experience, and that could comprise of several smaller tweaks that aren't even announced with much fanfare. People got so used to Apple announcements each year that if they don't have something mind-blowing, then they have "lost their vision".

Joe113

Jan 1, 2012
Visit site
This whole convo is idiotic. Ya'll are comparing Apple sales to GS5 sales, ummmm LG G3, HTC One M8, One+1, Nexus 5, Moto X.... open your eyes people. S5 is competing with other ANDROID PHONES, let alone iSheep phones. Either way, Android wins.

Android= 52.1%
Apple= 41.3%
Microsoft= 3.4%
BlackBerry= 2.9%
Symbian= 0.2%

Source= https://www.comscore.com/Insights/P...ry_2014_US_Smartphone_Subscriber_Market_Share
(yes that is US only, just did a quick Google search)

pappy53

Banned
Dec 23, 2009
Visit site
This whole convo is idiotic. Ya'll are comparing Apple sales to GS5 sales, ummmm LG G3, HTC One M8, One+1, Nexus 5, Moto X.... open your eyes people. S5 is competing with other ANDROID PHONES, let alone iSheep phones. Either way, Android wins.

Android= 52.1%
Apple= 41.3%
Microsoft= 3.4%
BlackBerry= 2.9%
Symbian= 0.2%

Source= https://www.comscore.com/Insights/P...ry_2014_US_Smartphone_Subscriber_Market_Share
(yes that is US only, just did a quick Google search)

Yeah, but in the U.S., Apple is on the rise. They have gone up about 10 points in the last year. Android still has a good lead, but Apple is catching them.

fofjjsr

Android4life
Aug 18, 2011
Visit site
Yeah, but in the U.S., Apple is on the rise. They have gone up about 10 points in the last year. Android still has a good lead, but Apple is catching them.

It use to be the other way around. Even when iPhone was AT&T only they had a gigantic lead. Android took that from them for a number of reasons. One customization, another being screen size and advancement in technology and choices to name a few. Apple feels content moving slowly, which would be fine if their phones had larger improvements, but overall they haven't. One thing about technology is it advances quickly, and when it comes to iPhone Apple hasn't completely kept up. They have relied to much on the so called "isheep" and the status symbol it is still somewhat seen as for a while now.

Also, it isn't as stable as people keep claiming it to be, or I should say as it use to be. OS6 had its problems when it first came out, and so did OS7. Android got a bad rap because it was unstable at first and still can be in the low end phones. The high end models however are extremely stable now. Every bit of software or technology can have problems however.

Lynx

Jul 14, 2010
Visit site
It use to be the other way around. Even when iPhone was AT&T only they had a gigantic lead. Android took that from them for a number of reasons. One customization, another being screen size and advancement in technology and choices to name a few. Apple feels content moving slowly, which would be fine if their phones had larger improvements, but overall they haven't. One thing about technology is it advances quickly, and when it comes to iPhone Apple hasn't completely kept up. They have relied to much on the so called "isheep" and the status symbol it is still somewhat seen as for a while now.

Also, it isn't as stable as people keep claiming it to be, or I should say as it use to be. OS6 had its problems when it first came out, and so did OS7. Android got a bad rap because it was unstable at first and still can be in the low end phones. The high end models however are extremely stable now. Every bit of software or technology can have problems however.

Actually im pretty sure Windows and Blackberry had the majority of the smartphone market until the iPhone cameout, but even then I don't think Apple took over the majority of it.

Regardless it doesn't really matter much, both OS are good in their own way and neither will go anywhere anytime soon.

But as somebody who uses both and has had his SIM card in the Galaxy s5 for 2 straight weeks I will say the amount of force closes, unexpected quits, and lag on the gs5 is far greater then I have had on any iPhone even running Beta 1 of a new OS. But the screen makes it worth it for now lol.

pappy53

Banned
Dec 23, 2009
Visit site

Apple has never led in market share.

pappy53

Banned
Dec 23, 2009
Visit site

Apple has never led in market share.

Every bit of software or technology can have problems however.

That is absolutely true. I still don't understand why the S5, as great a phone as it is, is still having lag issues out of the box for a lot of people and reviewers. It seems like Samsung has had plenty of time to get Touchwiz right. The S5 does a lot of things right, but that seems to be an Achilles Heel for Samsung.

fofjjsr

Android4life
Aug 18, 2011
Visit site
That is absolutely true. I still don't understand why the S5, as great a phone as it is, is still having lag issues out of the box for a lot of people and reviewers. It seems like Samsung has had plenty of time to get Touchwiz right. The S5 does a lot of things right, but that seems to be an Achilles Heel for Samsung.

Every brand seems to have that Achilles heal atm. Fortunately for Samsung and Android users Rooting is relatively easy to do if they choose, or they can even just use a different launcher. However I run Touchwiz and have not experienced the lag issues yet. It could just be I am not as picky. However I almost always eventually root and go to a different launcher.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hohenheimofdarkness