Question Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 Pro random repetitive sound

H4wks

Apr 4, 2024
Visit site
Hello, my Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 Pro starts making a weird, repetitive sound. The sound is similar to a spinning helicopter rotor blade. This started about 2 weeks ago. The phone is making these sounds at random times, and sometimes I need to reboot in order for it to go away. The last time I didn't need to reboot, it lasted for about 15 or 20 seconds.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Doubtful that it's malware. Sometimes apps can sound a tone without showing up as a notification -- this has happened before on my wife's Pixel 7, and we figured out which app it was (but I can't remember now which one). It's happening again, and I'm currently trying to figure it out again.

Reactions: Laura Knotek

Madd62

Mr. Wonderful
May 31, 2021
Visit site
There are a lot of posts about this issue on Reddit (someone probably already checked) with various full or temporary solutions (clear all Recent apps with the X button, start video or camera and close, others..)

Possibly worthwhile sending feedback via the Feedback setting. I got a reply once or twice about having two Xiaomi account numbers,... so they may acknowledge a systemwide issue they're working on.

Reactions: Laura Knotek

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wengelgenene