Nexus 5 Is Great. Share Your Opinions.

AndroidDario

Dec 1, 2013
Visit site
It's more than one year that I am using it, and I have to admit that this phone is amazing. I always used iPhone, but Nexus 5 wins hands down. I am thinking to switch to the Nexus 6, but if I think how much does it cost, I stop and tell myself "Wait". Nexus 5 is amazing, works perfectly and doesn't seem to be a 2 years phone. Amazing, great value and beautiful. Think I will keep this great phone a bit longer than I expected.
What about you? What do you think about the amazing Nexus 5?

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
I agree. There isn't much you can say against the device. It's of very high quality and one of those remarkably successful designs that manufacturers occasionally produce, perhaps sometimes to their own surprise. If it had a bigger battery, say 3000mAh, it would be unbeatable, taking into consideration specs, reliability, display quality, price, and speed and smoothness of operation.

Posted via the Android Central App

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Agree. The only weak spot is the battery. Otherwise, the performance, screen, size/ergonomics, and bloat-free Nexusy goodness is hard to beat!

Ed Briggs

May 14, 2013
Visit site
Nexus 5 is amazing, works perfectly and doesn't seem to be a 2 years phone.
Don't make it seem older than it is. It's just a little over a year old. But yeah, it's still awesome. Very fast, stable, and pure android goodness. I'm keeping it until late 2015 when hopefully a new non-6 inch nexus phone comes out. I'll consider a 6 in. nexus phone next time, or a Moto X 2015.

SactoKingsFan

Nov 1, 2013
Visit site
The Nexus 5 is still a very nice phone. Probably would have ordered one before I got my G2 if it had better battery life and camera.

Sent from my G2 running SlimKat

Davulsukur

Jan 27, 2015
Visit site
So the nexus 5 is still worth a purchase? Looking to get my first Android phone, Nexus 5 looks like a decent option but there is obviously the 6 out now.

Is the 5 still worth it now?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I think so. The N6 is probably too big for me, although I imagine I could get used to the size. And if you look through the forums, you'll see that the N6 hasn't exactly been problem-free.

DLK1

Dec 15, 2013
Visit site
The Nexus 5 is a great phone and running on 5.0.1 with no problems. I would purchase another one without hesitation. I intend to keep this one for 1 or 2 more year depending on what comes out in November.

Last edited:

Ed Briggs

May 14, 2013
Visit site
So the nexus 5 is still worth a purchase? Looking to get my first Android phone, Nexus 5 looks like a decent option but there is obviously the 6 out now.

Is the 5 still worth it now?
Yes, especially since you can find them in mint condition for around $250. It's still a relevant phone and will do everything you need.

anon(166548)

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
I'd have to say it's not great (but good for the price).

I was about a year late to the Nexus 4 party, then late last year I was holding out for the Nexus 6 until I realized how big it was (and how expensive), so instead I joined the Nexus 5 party (about a year after it was introduced).

The Nexus 5 (mine at least) still has that annoying bug that the Nexus 4 had - sometimes you can't get the screen to come on during a call (so you can't hang up, punch in codes, or switch to/from speakerphone or Bluetooth). I've tested the proximity detector, and it's detecting fine. Must be a problem with my complexion or something :-D

Also I'd say voice quality isn't as good as more expensive phones.

But I do love the fact that it's unlocked, with no bloat. Warts and all.

AndroidDario

Dec 1, 2013
Visit site
Nexus 5 is amazing, and even if I am still wondering if buying the Nexus 6 or not, it still is a great opportunity for enjoy a great phone.
What's more, Android Lollipop is perfectly working on it, and the user experience is almost perfect.
Think I will wait the new HTC One, consider it, and then decide what to do.
In my opinion, 2014 wasn't a great year for mobiles, just a general improvement, while this year with the introduction of octacore processor, extended battery life and maybe better cameras, we can find "a step forward phone".

ptkelly

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
I thoroughly enjoy my Nexus 5. I'm a relative newbie to mobile phones--I'm mostly deaf--but texting and access to decent apps is amazing. I've decided to pass on the Nexus 6. I don't need a bigger screen and the other improvements are not significant for me. As with others, Android 5 works fine on my Nexus 5.

ianhanson85

Feb 1, 2014
Visit site
My only issue with my N5 is the battery. I love everything else. I plan on keeping it until the next Nexus comes out. Not a fan of the 6's massive screen.

chezm

Trusted Member
Sep 19, 2014
Visit site
An amazing phone that loses some points for average battery and below average camera. But overall its great, performs great except for lollipop causing some lag.

brosko

Nov 30, 2013
Visit site
An amazing phone that loses some points for average battery and below average camera. But overall its great, performs great except for lollipop causing some lag.

Battery yes. Camera no. The camera is fine. I never understood people saying otherwise.

drhere

Aug 25, 2010
Visit site
Incredibly laggy it takes at least 1-2 minutes for the screen to redraw everytime I go to the home screen. I have already clean rebooted every 4 hours. 5.0.1 is making this phone basically unusable. Battery life is just as bad. Factory reset did nothing, this needs to be fixed. Maybe I 'll dump this and getting a cheap phone, I can't afford to pay 400 again, and have this happen.

brosko

Nov 30, 2013
Visit site
I guess most people are professional photographers, and a phone should be as good a high end Nikon camera.

Yeah maybe its me but I just don't get it! The first time I saw a photo taken with my n5 I was blown away by how nice the shot was. What more do you want from a phone?? The battery could be a little better though. ;)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carolwilliamson