moto 360 crack

sed51329

Jun 3, 2010
Visit site
When you got sent a replacement, did they try to charge you or make you send the watch back first? Just curious.

Yeah. They put a $200 hold on my credit card (lasted about 2 or 3 days before the bank releases it) and they sent me a refurb. I had the option to send them mine first, but I didn't want to be without my watch. If I didn't have the $200 to spare, I would have sent it in though.

Sambo41

May 12, 2010
Visit site
I returned my Moto360 today for replacement because it developed 2 cracks in the back. Can anyone tell me if all my watch faces and apps will restore to the new watch when it connects or will I have do download and install them all again?

motorcycle_monkey

Feb 27, 2012
Visit site
I returned my Moto360 today for replacement because it developed 2 cracks in the back. Can anyone tell me if all my watch faces and apps will restore to the new watch when it connects or will I have do download and install them all again?

Yes. It may take a few minutes to an hour for everything to sync.

Sambo41

May 12, 2010
Visit site
I have the "female" band steel 360. Wondering if all the steel 360 are at risk or only the larger bands?

Only had my watch a few weeks. So far no cracks.

Rocking the Note 4

Inspect the back at least once a week. I wore mine for 3 months before the first crack, then the next day it had two!

ETPhoneHomeT

Aug 1, 2013
Visit site
Knock on wood, I've had mine for almost 5 months and no cracks yet. I alternate between 5 different bands, stock metal, two stock leather and 2 silicone TYLT bands designed specifically for the Moto 360. I've heard of people that have seen cracks with stock leather. With stock metal, there has been some issues with plastic spacers cracking. I've ordered some adapters from Steel Connect which should eliminate any concerns of back cracks.

Posted via the Android Central App

motorcycle_monkey

Feb 27, 2012
Visit site
Are you all seeing cracked watches with stock watch bands?

Rocking the Note 4

Yes. I had my first for 2 months, with the stock leather band. Second, 1 month, same band, literally, took the worn in one from my first watch and swapped to my second. 3rd watch, which I am on now, I was upgraded to metal, and it cracked 2 months in. I do not wear mine tight at all. I work at a computer all day, so not at risk of catching it on something. I do mess around in the garage on the weekends, but if I am doing anything risky, I take off my watch. It's a design flaw. I still love mine though, so will get a replacement someday, but not too worried right now. My crack hasn't gotten any bigger. Also, was really hoping they would get the black mono link before I get a replacement.

Cheers!

vegasdroid

Feb 5, 2011
Visit site
I went to Best Buy this past Friday. (I pre ordered the S6E) I also exchanged my 360 stone leather for the cognac leather. I really like the look of the cognac leather.

Now that I have the cognac leather, I am concerned about the care of the leather, what does everyone recommend? I've seen talk about saddle soap. I saw also, leather sheen. Which one is better to use?

Thanks!

Sent from my DROID MAXX!!!!

keegh

Mar 20, 2014
Visit site
Has anyone noticed the crack get larger? I just picked mine up today so nothing wrong yet although I did plan on changing out the leather band to the black peddle steel band.

Not like I'd like a crack but if it stays the slight crack I've noticed in pictures I probably wouldn't bother sending it back.

sbb

Aug 21, 2013
Visit site
Mine also developed a crack in the past month or so. I'm wearing a soft silicon band so it would cause less stress than the stiff leather band, but it cracked anyway. Motorola replaced it under warranty - I made the call on Friday and had the replacement watch yesterday (Monday). Disappointed that they haven't re-engineered the back so it won't crack again in a few months (hopefully, while still under warranty).

g2_havok

Sep 27, 2013
Visit site
just got my watch yesterday and today is my first full day of wearing it. i noticed that the plastic edges "dig in" to the leather band, indicating perhaps i'm wearing it too tight. i'll try wearing it one-notch loose and hopefully it wont put too much stress on the back plate. of course, this is a moot point once i have time to change it out to the pebble stainless steel band...

GJ Parris

Apr 20, 2015
Visit site
hi everyone! Had my 360 since end of November. Within a month cracks appeared in the rear cover of the case and I had the rear cover replaced (free of charge). 2 months later a crack appeared again and after email correspondence with motorola I decided to send it for repair again (this time paying to send it in for repair). After 2 weeks I receive an email from the repair centre telling me my watch is beyond economical repair due to liquid damage and doesn't even work!!! I was rather surprised as it hasn't been anywhere near water from 1st day of ownership and was working perfectly when I sent it in for repair. All I can think is that sweat got in through the crack or some moisture got in during the last repair. At this point in time I've told Motorola that I want a replacement as the only way sweat could get in there was through the crack and the crack is a recognised product defect! Wish me luck as £200 lost on that watch is not acceptable in my opinion! Anyone else had a similar experience?

sfringer

Jan 4, 2012
Visit site
About two months in with my 360 and I am noticing cracks developing on mine as well.

I think it's because of tightening the strap to get a successful heart rate reading. Reckon I'll just give up on having that work effectively.

Guess I'll be sending it back.

anon(5002059)

Mar 3, 2014
Visit site
Replacement cracked in very same area. Getting another under warranty.

Posted via the Android Central App on my Xperia Z3 Compact or Blackberry Q10

Attachments

• 25636.jpg
    25636.jpg
    47.2 KB · Views: 47

sfringer

Jan 4, 2012
Visit site
It doesn't seem like these cracks should impact the integrity of the water resistance. Anyone have any thoughts? Granted I'm not going swimming with my 360 on, but I do want to ensure it handles the occasional splash or incidental submersion. If these cracks would allow water in, then I'll like initiate the warranty claim on mine.

ConTejas

Nov 9, 2011
Visit site
Honestly that's the only reason I replaced my original 360. I would think any crack would affect it's resistance to liquids under pressure. I doubt these little stress cracks would allow rain/a splash/or even a quick submersion to cause damage but since it's under warranty why the heck not have them replace it. Like others have said it's a very simple process and you won't be without a watch if you don't mind a $200 hold on your card (which is fair I might add). I took time to break in the Moto cognac band I had but never installed as well as a half dozen Chinese leather bands I alternate and my replacement 360 has been great for months. It is a design flaw so by returning it you're also forcing them to address it in the next version. From the supposed leaked shots of the 2nd gen they did without changing the overall look too much. Regardless I've been nothing but impressed with the 360. Hard to believe it's 1st gen IMO. I'll probably keep it until 3rd or 4th gen smartwatches come out (and still keep it when I get a new one). moto 360 2.PNGmoto 360 3.PNG

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
seroo