moto 360 crack

anon(5002059)

Mar 3, 2014
Visit site
Only took a week to get the replacement from start to finish this time. Quick. I am not going to wear it until I either get a metal band or next generation and sell this one since she is brand new. The leather band feels much more pliable this time new than the last two. Digging my Zenwatch at the moment.

Posted via the Android Central App on my Xperia Z3 Compact or Blackberry Q10

monky80

Jun 17, 2015
Visit site
Hello,
I had the same problem,.
Now I have my third watch, and yeterday I noticed that a new crack is appearing on one edge.

So in this days I will call to technical support to replace this.

Do you know if Motorola is working on something to ensure to not brake again?

Regards

awp0

Dec 10, 2013
Visit site
I have this problem on my Cognac Moto360. I've never switched the band, but when I go jogging I prefer it a little tighter. This may have caused the initial cracks, but now they seem to be getting larger by the day even when loose.

I read this thread and expected that I could do the $200 hold and get the replacement before sending back the watch. However, surprisingly, during my live chat they stated they will charge me an extra $24.99 non-refundable fee on top of the $200 because this is the "Advanced Exchange" program which is a premium service. I was disappointed, and the CSR would not waive the fee. I have the free option of returning the watch first and then having them send a new one, but that leaves me without a watch for who knows how long.

I will try calling tomorrow to see if I can have this fee waived. I'm getting aggravated. It's a blatant design flaw and I would think they could provide this service for free since they're covered by the $200 hold and they're not doing any more work compared to the free exchange option.

Here's the relevant part of the chat, in case anyone cares:

Nestle: We have 2 option for the replacement.
Aaron: ok
Nestle: The Advance Exchange program is a premium service offered to consumers for a fee. This service will provide you with a replacement device before you send your defective device to Motorola we will be having a $200 hold on your credit card plus the tax and that is refundable also a premium fee of $24.99 which is not refundable. Once you receive your replacement device, we ask that you send the defective device to us within five days.

Nestle: If you do not want to participate in our Advance Exchange program, we also have a Repair and Return Program or Return and Exchange (available service program will display on Repair Type and Additional Offerings screen). These programs are available without a fee. Please note that these programs require you to send your device to our service facility before a repair or exchange will take place.
Nestle: we have 2 options
Aaron: Very disappointed that I would have to pay $24.99 for the first option. Why is this necessary if I put a $200 hold on my credit card, and this product is defective?
Aaron: If the $200 hold is in place, it seems unnecessary that I would pay $24.99 for the same amount of work that you would do for the free service (return and exchange). I am confused.
Nestle: If you will be choosing to have the watch first, there is already a syste, generated fee of $24.99. if not, if you will be choosing the second option $24.99 is not inlcuded.
Aaron: Thank you for your help Nestle. I think I will call the Motorola Support phone number so I can talk to someone about this fee. I like that this option exists but I am disappointed that the fee is included, especially since this appears to be a very common design defect in the watch. I will talk to a higher support tier to see if I can have it waived.
Nestle: In that case aaron you need to be connected to the Repair and Escalations department.

marktrav44

Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
I started with a grey leather watch, I got a replacement after 7 months, but the cracks started after 4 months. With my replacement I switched to the TYLT rubber band and no cracking after 3 months. I like the TYLT band and it seems like its better at preventing the cracks.

Posted via the Android Central App

donc36

Jan 3, 2013
Visit site
I have this problem on my Cognac Moto360. I've never switched the band, but when I go jogging I prefer it a little tighter. This may have caused the initial cracks, but now they seem to be getting larger by the day even when loose.

I read this thread and expected that I could do the $200 hold and get the replacement before sending back the watch. However, surprisingly, during my live chat they stated they will charge me an extra $24.99 non-refundable fee on top of the $200 because this is the "Advanced Exchange" program which is a premium service. I was disappointed, and the CSR would not waive the fee. I have the free option of returning the watch first and then having them send a new one, but that leaves me without a watch for who knows how long.

Hope you have better luck that I did waiving that fee. I ended up using the "other" option, after they assured me that they would provide a next day label for me to ship my cracked watch, and they would "turn it around immediately". About a week later I tried to follow up (the online RMA tracking tool just tells me it's open"), to be told it could be a week or more to SHIP a replacement.

Pretty disappointing - this all transpired after the 1st Motorola support rep tried to charge me $100 to "repair" the warranty issue. I didn't demand or set expectations for next day service when I agreed to ship my watch to them - they did, and then they didn't deliver.

awp0

Dec 10, 2013
Visit site
Thanks. Well, I plan to call them shortly and I'm glad I saw your message first. If they won't waive the fee then I suppose it would be best to just pay the $25 rather than wait an indeterminate amount of time. I should know shortly. The cracks on mine really are getting pretty long! I think they grow each time I hook/unhook the band. I really don't want a different band though. I love the Congac leather, and I'll just wear my next one looser.

hypnospastic

Oct 26, 2012
Visit site
I noticed cracking yesterday and via chat today, they issued an RMA and shipping label. I dropped it off at FedEx this evening. I'll be without a watch for a bit but I will survive. I bought my stainless steel band Moto 360 on April 4th. Hope the new one doesn't have this problem.

Posted via the Android Central App

monky80

Jun 17, 2015
Visit site
So, after a chat with a Motorlla representative, now I will return the 2.5 month use moto360 watch.

I ask the guy on chat if Motorola is doiung somenting to avoid these cracks again, and he only said that Motorla will replace with a new one.
I hope that the cracks will not appears on the new one.

anon(5002059)

Mar 3, 2014
Visit site
I did get a metal band. No cracks as of yet. Easier to take on and off which I am sure put some stress on the back when working the leather strap loose. I have a Zenwatch also. Both work quite well and both priced well at the moment.

Tex_Norseman

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
On my third one, with metal band, and noticed a crack tonight. I'm seriously considering getting a refund at Best Buy(got the two year extended warranty), and getting an LG smartwatch.

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

LowIQ

Nov 5, 2011
Visit site
After 6 months I've noticed my first crack! Damn!... I've tried to be so careful too! this is obviously a quality issue as many have described.

stevejn

Aug 26, 2015
Visit site
I didn't have that luck, they wanted to charge me $100 dollars for fixing it.

btw, what is the number you contacted for replacement?

alienlandingpad

Sep 24, 2012
Visit site
Are you all seeing cracked watches with stock watch bands?

Rocking the Note 4

I noted my cracks after using the Tylt watch band, which is supposedly 'made for the moto360.' But after my repair, I've been using only the stock band. I want to see if it lasts longer. But I miss the Tylt.

lebeauc

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
I just submitted a request for a 2nd replacement after less than a month. My first was cracked in 2 spots on each side of the band. The replacement is now cracked in 1 spot, but a much larger crack (covers half of the back). With the 1st gen 360 being discontinued, hopefully the 3rd one doesn't crack. If it does, maybe they'll give credit towards the newer one.

Evilnut

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
It's so strange how random these cracks seem to be. I got my watch about a month after launch. I work outside for a living and use my watch in extremely harsh conditions. Often I am hammering with a dead blow hammer for hours on end, using a jackhammer for the better part of a day, mixing concrete, pushing wheel barrels, shoveling gravel and soil out of the back of a truck, using a pick to loosen up dirt, using grinders and wet saws, loading heavy blocks in and out of trucks excetra. I also ride motorcycles to and from work and for the majority of my transportation and I ride very rough off road on the weekends. I wear my watch through all of that, and have never had a crack on the back of my watch. The whole watch definitely shows that I use it hard, but there is nothing wrong with the functionality or the integrity of the watch. Then, someone can have it for a week or a month that works in an office type environment and it cracks on them. I just don't get it?

Posted via Android Central App from a beautiful Ebony backed Original Moto X or the amazing Nexus 10

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tharika1234