Stupid Fast kernel Released

upsidedownaaron

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
running the stupid fast kernel. so far derrik's lag fix was actually faster. but battery life suffered noticeably. it wasn't awful, but it was inconvenient. had to bring my cord everywhere.

gps still sucks goats.

Fappy Jones

Oct 12, 2010
Visit site
running the stupid fast kernel. so far derrik's lag fix was actually faster. but battery life suffered noticeably. it wasn't awful, but it was inconvenient. had to bring my cord everywhere.

gps still sucks goats.

Which one of Dirrk's kernel's did you use?

If you use a LV kernel and your phone is stable with it, it actually improves battery life. I take my phone off the charger at 7:30am at 100% and listen to music on it for an hour and a half on the way to work. Facebook updates every 15 minutes, I send 30-50 text messages and listen to music on the way home from work around 6pm. And right now my phone still has 57% battery life. But i'm also using JT's Super Clean Rom so that might help my battery too.

upsidedownaaron

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
i used 1100 lv, and my battery goes down to about 50% within about 6 hours. i am only getting 12 hours out of the battery no matter what.

but i ran this "stupid fast" thing, and my phone crashed. so back to dirrk's. i should know better than to try a kernel that is this young. it may work well, and i may have zero idea what i am doing, but i know dirrk's "worked".

i can live with the crappy battery life. rather have fast.

Fappy Jones

Oct 12, 2010
Visit site
Hmmm i don't know, maybe its your Rom then because i use that same kernel and my battery's going on 15 hrs now and still at 55%. But good to know that this kernel is still having issues, i think i'll stick with Dirrk's til we get froyo.

upsidedownaaron

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
i agree. dirrk's is at least stable. we should have 2.2 in a few weeks. it can't be much longer.....

or maybe it can =)

i would take whatever i post with a HUGE grain of salt, i am getting in way over my head with this. i am a total newb. but i am dangerously willing to do evil things to my poor phone with very little encouragement.

i really don't know what i am doing.

i flashed jt's super smooth rom from rom manager if that helps...

iTz Nicholas72

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
I'm having great results with this kernel and the Blackhole ROM. The only issue I have is the USB Settings FC but I can still mount my USB and enable developer mode so it doesnt affect me much at all.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk

abowlofsoda

Sep 24, 2010
Visit site
I am having great results AFTER putting SetCPU to a min of 200. Thanks iTz Nocholas72 for that tip! (I lowered it from your min800 idea with great success)

upsidedownaaron

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
i think i am serial flasher...

i only got this phone 2 months ago. i have never had an android. i used to have a bb storm I. which was a gawdawful pos. so i am kind of giddy like a schoolgirl with all this flashing...:D

NOsquid

Sep 15, 2010
Visit site
Wow that's ****e :) wonder if a lot of people are having this? Seems like people get really excited about every new thing and overlook the bugs

abowlofsoda

Sep 24, 2010
Visit site
My mistake- just came across someone else talking about JT's 11/15... I checked ROM manager and the release I was talking about the 11/13 kernel.

Where to get 11/15? I haven't seen any link for it yet and i'm not a IRC kinda person which is where I assume ppl are getting it.

I myself am looking to eliminate lag completely while having all my normal stuff functional. But tbh I think some of the testers out there don't use the phone on a normal basis so bugs can be missed. They seem to be checking with stock only which just leaves me looking for workarounds to stay functional.
Seriously- who the hell uses stock music player? They must have never tried PowerAMP is all I can say.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
olalekan45