Is the corner-cutting this time around too much for you?

Matías, have we sinned?

• Total voters

RogueXgirl

Mar 10, 2013
Visit site
Ahhh I cant decide between this 5x and Galaxy s6 at roughly the same price. the 5x has tax, but also warranty, and $50 google play credit. The s6 is slightly cheaper but no warranty....

Cakefish

Jun 15, 2015
Visit site
Thanks Google for a) not giving us non-Americans any preorder benefits and b) not announcing non-US prices. Not creating a good impression to your international audience, treating us like second class citizens like this.

anon(470989)

Sep 4, 2011
Visit site
I will likely buy it, but may wait on some actual reviews. I like having the latest tech when I can justify/afford it, but I'm not a "power user" by any means. I don't play games on my phone, and I don't need 6gb of RAM and enough storage for 15 HD movies and 5000 songs. I think the 5X will fit the bill for me: it has some neat features that I'll actually use (fingerprint scanner, front facing stereo speakers), it's affordable, and it will stay up to date for the next two years, software-wise.

You can forget the duel front speakers, its only a single. ><

anon8380037

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
Hordes abandon the overnight line outside the flagship Nexus store.

Staff shut off the lights and Google looks for new tenants as the last prospective buyer walks away in disgust.

d5f8799d0800b2a47fdca66b1fb3be87.jpg

mookiekillsit

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
In a car, yeah

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Actually it's just as easy in a car as it is near a normal charging port. Sorry, just not seeing how wireless charging can be a deal breaker for anyone unless you're looking for a reason and nitpicking to the highest extent. I have a 40 minute commute each way and I can easily plug in my phone if need be and at my desk, I have a USB cable plugged into my PC that sits above my head. Both of which are really easy to use. Sorry, man.

Runningwarrior08

May 23, 2010
Visit site
  • 2GB RAM - In late 2015... 1GB = low-end, 2GB = midrange, 3GB to 4GB = High-end
  • No OIS - Nexus 5 & 6 had it
  • No Wireless Charging - Nexus 4, 5 & 6 had it. Two of those phones were from LG!
  • Gorilla Glass 3 instead of 4 - Why only give it to the 6P? How much would this have really added on?

Ram doesn't bother me. It does not need 3GB of ram honestly. The ram wars are becoming ridiculous. Good multitasking code and pipelining in the CPU will handle mostly everything. Hell even 6 to 8 cores is more than enough.The ram is a slower lpddr3 compared to 4 in the 6P but with a 32bit bus on the processor this shouldn't be noticed

Wireless charging upsets me, I love it.

GG also upsets me but a tempered glass screen protector fixes this.

What bothers me the most are: No stereo speakers, screen to body ratio(almost the same size as my G4), No notification light(might have active display Idk but 6p has notification light)

All this to save only $70, I don't see it. ( comparing 32GB models) If the phone was 299 I would have 0 complaints but at 380 there are other choices including a G4 which can be had for under 400 new many places. Software is meh but CM is coming along well for it.

jonebk12

Jun 17, 2013
Visit site
My main thing with the speakers, well speaker I guess, is that's it's on the front. Don't really care as much of it's stereo or mono. My current phone has the speaker on the back which is a dumb place for it and makes hearing it difficult the (rare) times that I have to use it.

Posted via the Android Central App

npaladin-2000

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
Actually it's just as easy in a car as it is near a normal charging port. Sorry, just not seeing how wireless charging can be a deal breaker for anyone unless you're looking for a reason and nitpicking to the highest extent. I have a 40 minute commute each way and I can easily plug in my phone if need be and at my desk, I have a USB cable plugged into my PC that sits above my head. Both of which are really easy to use. Sorry, man.
It's easier sticking your phone into your Qi enabled car dock and driving away.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

JakePleasants

Mar 21, 2009
Visit site
Thanks Google for a) not giving us non-Americans any preorder benefits and b) not announcing non-US prices. Not creating a good impression to your international audience, treating us like second class citizens like this.

Among the reasons that all outsiders hate America. :D (That was the closest to a laughing emoji as AC offers.)

minnemike

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
My main thing with the speakers, well speaker I guess, is that's it's on the front. Don't really care as much of it's stereo or mono. My current phone has the speaker on the back which is a dumb place for it and makes hearing it difficult the (rare) times that I have to use it.

Posted via the Android Central App

No doubt - the main thing is simply hearing it well enough. You really cant get all audiophile about a phone.

Kage_

Apr 5, 2010
Visit site
Sadly I'll be passing on the 5x. I use Qi charging on my current nexus 5 daily at home and the office. While my N5 does pretty good with 2GB a little extra would be better which would help when I have multiple apps running in the background like steaming audio, navigation, etc.