Confused: with no tradeoffs why choose the Z over the force?

Clocks

Aug 27, 2010
Visit site
The force is a tiny but thicker and has a better camera, but otherwise identical? Why would anyone on Verizon not get the force?

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
The force is a tiny but thicker and has a better camera, but otherwise identical? Why would anyone on Verizon not get the force?

Price possibly?

Posted via the Android Central App on the Moto X Pure Edition

Erick47

Jul 9, 2014
Visit site
Most definitely price. Same reason why people would chose the s7 over the s7 edge.

Posted via the Android Central App

RHChan84

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
We all would but as an OEM, they want to be able to claim things like that for marketing. I'd much rather a thicker phone but with a 4500 mah but that's not going to happen.

RHChan84

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
Look at all the phones with camera humps and curved backs. Imagine if it was completely even and flat. You could possibly fit a bigger batter in there and still have a good looking phone.

Andrew-B

Sep 9, 2016
Visit site
Agreed wholeheartedly.

Do you think the Z (non-force) + battery mod might be the closest to our wish?

I'm super interested in some battery life testing under heavy use in a Z+battery mod.

Know if any?

benjamminh

Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
Some people prefer the Z screen over the Force as well. I could see a small difference, but not enough to give up the advantages of the Force.

leetrevor81

Sep 4, 2015
Visit site
Thinner means with mods the phone is not as thick and heavy.

Thin means in light use days you can choose to have a really thin light weight phone, but on heavy use days you still have the option to add the battery mod

It's cheaper.

Apparently the shattershield screen scratches easy. Not good for those like me with ocd about their phone staying pristine and wanting to resell one day.

benjamminh

Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
Just put a glass screen protector on the Force and you have the best of both worlds. If I had a Z I'd put a glass screen protector on it anyway. Form factor, thinness is the biggest difference.

KoukiFC3S

Oct 9, 2009
Visit site
The Z feels a lot better in the hand.

I'm typing this from the Force and I'm jealous how light the regular Z feels. But then I remember that I get better battery life and a better camera.

daisyd1224

Sep 4, 2016
Visit site
I don't know. I'm split on that. I think it has substance. I kinda like it. Even with the battery mod it's not that bad. My issues are relearning what I forgot when I was with Samsung. No LED notifications and that damn home button that isn't a home button. Lol.

ah42

Aug 10, 2016
Visit site
I got the regular Z because I knew I would be using the battery mod every day. With the battery mod the Force would be really thick. The regular Z with the battery mod is only slightly bigger than the Droid Turbo I was used to. So, with the battery mod I have the thinnest phone in the world but I can also have a 4820 mAh phone in a split second.

MartinMPL

Oct 13, 2015
Visit site
Firstly no Z Force in the UK.

Having said that, I'd choose the Z anyway. The main reason is that I hate scratches and the plastic screen on the Force may not shatter but it reportedly scratches easily. I've only ever dropped and shattered one phone so it's a chance I'm willing to take. I'd rather pay for a screen that's shattered than live with scratches.

After that, the Z is slim and that means it remains slimmer with mods. The battery on the Z is frankly outstanding for its size. SOT is easily 5 hours for me so I don't run out of juice generally.

The camera on the Z is also working for me. Sure it has less pixels but it is good enough for my casual use and quick enough to get a snap of my kids when they are flying around.

So there you go, but mostly is see the screen on the Force as a negative.

benjamminh

Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
Just slap a glass screen protector on it (which many people do anyway) and the scratch issue is no longer there. I totally get the form factor argument though. The camera differences are more than megapixels fwiw.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Firstly no Z Force in the UK.

Having said that, I'd choose the Z anyway. The main reason is that I hate scratches and the plastic screen on the Force may not shatter but it reportedly scratches easily. I've only ever dropped and shattered one phone so it's a chance I'm willing to take. I'd rather pay for a screen that's shattered than live with scratches.

After that, the Z is slim and that means it remains slimmer with mods. The battery on the Z is frankly outstanding for its size. SOT is easily 5 hours for me so I don't run out of juice generally.

The camera on the Z is also working for me. Sure it has less pixels but it is good enough for my casual use and quick enough to get a snap of my kids when they are flying around.

So there you go, but mostly is see the screen on the Force as a negative.

I need to see a Z Play vs. Z camera comparison.

benjamminh

Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
The funny thing is I get the sense from one article that the Z Play camera is actually better than the regular Z, but not as good as the Z Force. Unless you have to have that form factor of the Z that would be another thing to consider.