Note 8 in 2017

Todd Anthony1

Nov 18, 2014
Visit site
Re: Next Note maybe fall 2017

The next "Note-ish" phone from Samsung needs to differentiate itself from the prior Note line along with the rest of the competition... again.

Call it the Galaxy S Pro (or similar- no NOTE in the name... at all. Ever again. Ever)
6" flat 4K screen (time to be bigger than the comp again - no need for curves - but still be bezeless)
Integrated home button into the screen- will save the overall footprint of the device from being too big for some people
8gb RAM
MINIMUM 4500 mah removable battery (with spare battery in box)

etc etc...

anon(9072051)

Sep 9, 2014
Visit site
So what's the new 2017 Note gonna be called?

If Google chose to call their 2016 phones Pixels (I still cringe at that name) in order to distance them from the Nexus line, what happens if Samsung decides to do the same to leave all of those unfortunate explosions in the past? What's a new name for the Samsung Galaxy Note 8? And do they keep the numeral or start afresh?

Galaxy Meme?
Galaxy Aspire?
Galaxy Suite?
Galaxy Data?
Galaxy Postit?
Galaxy GetRdone?
Galaxy Pro (and a more rugged Galaxy Pro Active)?

What do you think Samsung should do?

pkcable

Q&A Team Leader, VR Expert
Ambassador
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Re: I believe the Note line is dead but could this be the future of the Note?

I need the pen. For some reason (that I certainly can't fathom) my fingers and touch screens don't play well together. But the Samsung Note screens and using the stylus allows me to get around that.
Don't know exactly which one I'll get next but I'll miss the pen until I see a suitable replacement for my Note3.

I know some folks are getting Note 5s, BUT of course this creates demand and price goes up, or what is an older and SHOULD be cheaper phone.

EDIT: I just checked and Note 5 prices have indeed spiked a bit but not a crazy amount, you should be able to get one for around 400.

Allnicksgone

Sep 1, 2016
Visit site
Re: So what's the new 2017 Note gonna be called?

Galaxy Executive

Or, instead of Note 8, how about "Notate"?

And to keep with the astronomy theme, the Note 7 should be renamed the Galaxy Black Hole.

hamsterwheel

Mar 5, 2014
Visit site

I love my Note 4. Was on the verge of getting the N7 and then the whole fiasco started. I would still get the next Note or whatever it is.
But I do want to mention that I don't really think it's just the "Note" name that is tainted at the moment. Everyone I know and talk to out in the world, just think oh you have a "Samsung" careful it doesn't explode on you. To them, they don't see Note, or Edge, or whatever. They see Samsung, and that's enough for them to think the worst at the moment. Sigh.

Matty

Q&A Team
Mar 15, 2014
Visit site
Re: So what's the new 2017 Note gonna be called?

I think they will keep the same name, but if they did for whatever reason change I would like the name Samsung Galaxy Memo.

A droid a day keeps the Apple away

Todd Anthony1

Nov 18, 2014
Visit site

I love my Note 4. Was on the verge of getting the N7 and then the whole fiasco started. I would still get the next Note or whatever it is.
But I do want to mention that I don't really think it's just the "Note" name that is tainted at the moment. Everyone I know and talk to out in the world, just think oh you have a "Samsung" careful it doesn't explode on you. To them, they don't see Note, or Edge, or whatever. They see Samsung, and that's enough for them to think the worst at the moment. Sigh.

Doesn't help with the report of the Samsung washing machine exploding too... ugh

Porkchopexpress1969

Dec 18, 2014
Visit site
Note 8

Reports are that Samsung is considering on cancelling the entire Note Line? WTH? Note is a great brand, yes marred by issues with the 7, but should not be given up on.

donm527

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
Re: Note 8

Link?

I had read an article and it was only about rumors... but... there was a rumor of a possibility of eliminating the Edge and having the smaller phone and larger phone since the new design will be the curved sides like the Note 7... and if they did that the larger size may be a pen model.

Reports are that Samsung is considering on cancelling the entire Note Line? WTH? Note is a great brand, yes marred by issues with the 7, but should not be given up on.

James Beam

Oct 11, 2016
Visit site

I'm sure they'll eventually make another Note like device with the S-pen, but they will just call it something else. The Note name will always just remind everyone of the Note 7 albatross now...

the real batman

Aug 15, 2016
Visit site

If this "report" came from The Verge or any of Apple's other minion sites I wouldn't put any stock in it. The name is probably dead realistically. However, you don't just abandon a line so good that there are still people refusing to give up what was probably the best phone ever made. You don't throw that away if you can correct the issue and continue to build upon what was good (in this instance literally everything but QC) about the line. So yes, the name may change but Samsung's strategy of releasing multiple flagships in multiple sizes was working too well to abandon because of this. There will be tweaks but I would be absolutely floored if this is the last we see of a large Samsung phone with all of the features we've come to love in the Note line.

amyf27

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
If Google chose to call their 2016 phones Pixels (I still cringe at that name) in order to distance them from the Nexus line, what happens if Samsung decides to do the same to leave all of those unfortunate explosions in the past? What's a new name for the Samsung Galaxy Note 8? And do they keep the numeral or start afresh?

Galaxy Meme?
Galaxy Aspire?
Galaxy Suite?
Galaxy Data?
Galaxy Postit?
Galaxy GetRdone?
Galaxy Pro (and a more rugged Galaxy Pro Active)?

What do you think Samsung should do?
Galaxy Biatch

I would simply call it the 8
Have a little 8 ball logo on it

Last edited by a moderator:

chazglenn3

Trusted Member
May 23, 2010
Visit site
They already had a Note 8. It was a tablet. I would have expected a name change even without the recalls. Kind of like Google had already sold a Nexus 7 tablet and now we have the Pixel phones.

I doubt the next phone from Samsung with the stylus would be called the Note 8. They already had a tablet named Note 8. Just like Google already had a tablet named Nexus 7.

Last edited by a moderator:

tadpoles

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site

I've had a Note 2, Note 3, Note 4, Note Edge, and now, a Note5. As much as I've liked the Notes and as many notes as I've saved in my Samsung account I was surprised that I didn't really miss the Notes when I tried something else. I'm still re-acclimating to the Note 5. I say all of that to say this, how many peoples are really entrenched with the Note line, especially after recent events? Hopefully, too many for Samsung to kill a Note-type S-Pen-having product. My thought has been that the Note 7 follow-up would be completely awesome because Samsung will be trying to prove a point, trying to restore faith after this current fiasco.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yuzuboiii