No Angry Birds?

WraithStalker

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
This may be a dumb noob question. I've just received my NC today & successfully rooted it on firmware 1.1.0. However, upon opening the Android market I wanted to get a little Angry Birds going but it's not there - just some holiday version. I've searched for it & I get nothing else. Am I missing something? Thanks.

micl9

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
No - I already had CWR installed.
Went with Root Explorer. Had to buy, but it can be used on my NC as well as my phone.

roberto

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
I tried to install it with Root Explorer, but failed. ADB isn't working for me over USB (it used to, but no more) however I was able to install ADBWireless using Root Explorer and then used that to install Angry Birds.

Paladin

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
I tried to install it with Root Explorer, but failed. ADB isn't working for me over USB (it used to, but no more) however I was able to install ADBWireless using Root Explorer and then used that to install Angry Birds.

Where did you put the .apk and what wireless commands did you use?

From other advice here I put the Angry Birds.apk in the system/app folder already. However nothing I do will actually install it.
So if the only wireless commands are to basically copy files, what is different about this than me using Root Explorer to copy it in system/app? How would it install differently?

I assume the .apk is supposed to stay in system/app but I ask just in case you need to copy it from someplace else etc...

Last edited:

dhornbeck

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
Just go to pandaapp.com and get it there. You can download most apps from that site. They may not be the absolutely most recent update, but Angrybirds worked just fine for me.

Sent from my LogicPD Zoom2 using Tapatalk

Paladin

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
Okay I got it, it is easy.
The link provided here never mentioned what command to use to install apps.
It is..wait for it... INSTALL

Anyway I have not found any clear directions.
So if it helps here are the steps to get Angry Birds installed on your nook

Install the Android SDK on your PC
http://developer.android.com/sdk/index.html

Install the ADB app as instructed here: I used the wireless section.
http://www.avin.iblogger.org/2011/02/adb-explained-installation-basic-commands/

Make sure your nook is on your home wireless and it is connected. Test with a web browser.

Open the adbWireless app on your device and tap on that big green button.

Now on your PC that is attached to the same home wireless connection
Create a directory(folder) on your PC called Nook.

So you should now have a c:\nook folder

Put your Angry Birds apk file in there. Google for it.

Once you get the wireless ADB installed and your AB file in that folder run the
Open a command prompt on your PC and type
adb connect 192.168.1.2:5555

You should get a connected message that says: connected to 192.168.1.2:5555
If you don't you need to get one i:)i

In the same command prompt and type
cd c:\nook

You should see a c:\nook prompt

Then type the install command of
adb install App_Angry_Birds_1.apk (or whatever your file is called)

Thats it, it should now install Angry Birds for you.

Have fun!

Last edited:

dhornbeck

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
Or you could just go to pandaapp.com and that you you don't have to mess with adb at all. Just saying.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

Paladin

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
Or you could just go to pandaapp.com and that you you don't have to mess with adb at all. Just saying.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

I already have it running but for curiosity sake if I went there what would that do? Is there an installer or something that you just click on and it installs it for you automatically?

dhornbeck

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
I already have it running but for curiosity sake if I went there what would that do? Is there an installer or something that you just click on and it installs it for you automatically?

Yes to the later. If you go to the site, click on Downloadcenter, then click on Android, the links for dowwnload will download the apk file right to your SD card, then you just have to install.

Paladin

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
I hope you liked my blog post :)

and thanks for reminding, I haven't mentioned how to install an app there :mad:

editing the post now. Thanks again :)

Your post got me started! i:)i

You did not list the install command so I had to google around but it was not an issue.

BTW your quick tips #4 is confusing. "Make sure you have not installed adbWireless app or disable it otherwise."

I mean is that not the opposite of what you want? You have to have the app installed and enabled to send commands right?
Or did I miss something.. Probably i:)i

Yes to the later. If you go to the site, click on Downloadcenter, then click on Android, the links for download will download the apk file right to your SD card, then you just have to install.

Okay so that puts the APk on your SD card. I already had the apk on my SD card man. The problem is the Nook does not seem to allow you to install an APK file from AndExplorer or any place else I tried. I tried from internal memory in two folders and various ways from the SD card.

I know I can do that on my Evo easily but the Nook is locked from installing apk files directly somehow.

Hence the need to install it from the ADB as far as I know.

I am just trying to help others and give back.

Last edited:

2andFro

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site
Okay so that puts the APk on your SD card. I already had the apk on my SD card man. The problem is the Nook does not seem to allow you to install an APK file from AndExplorer or any place else I tried. I tried from internal memory in two folders and various ways from the SD card.

I know I can do that on my Evo easily but the Nook is locked from installing apk files directly somehow.

Hence the need to install it from the ADB as far as I know.

I am just trying to help others and give back.

If you want to get around the adb stuff, just download the apk and put it in your dropbox folder. Open dropbox on NC and load the apk it from there (make sure allow non-market apps is checked in NC Tools).

Paladin

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
If you want to get around the adb stuff, just download the apk and put it in your dropbox folder. Open dropbox on NC and load the apk it from there (make sure allow non-market apps is checked in NC Tools).

HEHEHE ROTFL.. Beating a dead horse here. I am really not being clear am I? Sorry guys. i:)i

For me getting the file on the device or card is easy. This is not the issue. Using Drop box, a web site or just copying it via USB is all the same.

They all get the apk file on the SD card. That is fine.

It is INSTALLING the apk that is the issue, at least for me.

I had the non-market apps checked but it would NOT allow me to install the APK from any utility I tried.

If you get to install simply by the APK on the SD card then great, it is not working for me. :(

Maybe I did something wrong and I am the only person with this problem but I tried root explorer, AndExplorer and a few other ways to try to install it. I have root access and used utilities that allow root but they did not work.
I can install APK's on my Evo using AndExplorer just fine but not on the Nook. It gives me an error.

As I said FOR ME. i:)i

The only way I got AB installed was the ADB wireless method I posted.

Just trying to help anyone else that has this issue. i:)i

Last edited:

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alakmalak