Samsung ripped Note 20 buyers off in 2020...

hou33guy

Aug 18, 2016
Visit site
I dont think i would want a 45watt charger on a 5k mah battery, can u imagine how hot that phone would get and ppl complaining about that and possibly catch on fire. That 25 watt charger charge mines fast. I dont blame Samsung 9n that 1

corvette72778

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
Faster isn't always better, and comes with tradeoffs like extra wear and tear on the battery. Unless the battery is pushing 12Ah (12,000mAh) capacities, don't expect to see 60W charging on major brand name phones. That's not being a sheep, it's understanding the physical and chemical limitations of Li-ion batteries.

The point I'm making is you're getting less for more money. iPhone sheep say ok to that. We're sheep this year. Very very rarely does technology regress when time passes. The Note regressed in some areas wether you use a feature or not.

Mr Segundus

Apr 24, 2018
Visit site
iPhone users justify getting less by saying they don't need features that were cut.

Last year the Note 10+ was $1,100 for 256gb.

This year the Note 20 with more than 128gb is $1,450. We all got ripped. Don't be a sheep. I admit it. But dont be like an iPhone buyer and say ok, yes Apple. how much? Ok.

You knew what the specs were before buying the phone. Nobody forced you to purchase the phone.

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
The point I'm making is you're getting less for more money. iPhone sheep say ok to that. We're sheep this year. Very very rarely does technology regress when time passes. The Note regressed in some areas wether you use a feature or not.
You made the claim that you should have a 60W charger this year, and that was all I'm disputing. And just because other people see value in features that you don't, doesn't make them sheep. Those sorts of insults don't add anything to the conversation. There's several areas where the N20U improved over the N10+. You may not care for those improvements, but that doesn't invalidate the value judgement of others.

DSMpowerhousegroup

Apr 11, 2015
Visit site
I feel Samsung ripped us off this year with all the cost cutting and downgrades.

Let's see what they removed or downgraded. I'm referencing the Note 20 Ultra.

-Major downgrade from 256gb to 128gb
-Big downgrade in charging speed from 45w to 25w
-Big downgrade in the front camera from 40mp to 10mp
-Big downgrade in extra memory when you buy the extra storage. 12gb instead of 16gb that you got with the Note 10 and S20 Ultra
-Removal of the factory installed screen protecter

Not so important but other cost cuts
-no AKG headphones
-No S pen tip removal tool
-No S pen tip replacements

Don't get me wrong, the Note 20 Ultra is the best phone in the world but with so several downgrades & cost cuts along with the biggest price increase in Note history, I feel we were all sheep this year like our iPhone friends. Samsung is testing the limits in how much they can charge us along with cost cuts. This reminds me of 2015 with the Note 5 when so many features were removed. That was the only Note since the Note II I didn't own.

I'm sure a lot of this has to do with Qualcomm forcing Samsung to buy 2 chips because of the 5G which really doesn't make sense since the mid-level chips have modem and CPU on 1 chip. As one of the biggest phone manufacturers in the world Samsung shouldn't have let Qualcomm do this.

I feel like Samsung ripped us off in 2020. We're sheep this year but I'm optimistic that 2021 will be much better with a 5nm SOC Snapdragon

Note to Samsung. Keep your free accessories and put that money into a phone with specs to the max.

https://www.sammobile.com/news/galaxy-note-20-series-cost-cutting-measures-desperate/

Don't care. I'm enjoying mine.

ClintRo

Trusted Member
Jan 7, 2011
Visit site
I don't care about those things at all. I never once used the free headphones, I don't notice any difference in charging speeds, and I never once ever had to use S Pen tips.

I agree about the 256GB, but that's why I purchased the 512GB storage option.

I don't feel ripped off, not at all.
Pretty much this on all three.

svtcobra

Feb 16, 2013
Visit site
I dont think i would want a 45watt charger on a 5k mah battery, can u imagine how hot that phone would get and ppl complaining about that and possibly catch on fire. That 25 watt charger charge mines fast. I dont blame Samsung 9n that 1

Ditto

svtcobra

Feb 16, 2013
Visit site
EVERY SINGLE SPECIFICATION was and has been listed PRIOR to purchasing. So if you bought it, why complain about it's features good or bad? Step #2 if you pre-ordered so you could "have it now" Instead of waiting for reviews later when it's been tested in real life scenarios, would you complain about any problems you are having (build quality, etc). Don't get me wrong though. People need to know these things in step #2. And we are grateful for the information. It helps others to determine the best thing for them, AHEAD of the purchase. It also helps people to see if there's new information that's helpful for what they bought already. But complaining about it is illogical. I pre-ordered mine. I don't have it yet. But I won't complain about it for no "screen protector" or any defects because it's wanted it now. I studied the relevant information. Just the facts mam, is my motto.

sweetypie31

Dec 18, 2011
Visit site
A lot of the things you posted about you knew beforehand though. Why still buy the phone? You have a right to not like features and not like that they took away certain things. Im definitely one of the ones who wasn't a fan of losing the 256 storage option and the no screen protector provided sucks. I'm just baffled at the time you wasted on a phone that you knew wasn't right for you before you bought it.

Accepting the lost features and accessories doesn't mean people are sheep. It means that despite what was lost the phone still presents options that work for us.

MsBlingberry

Jan 20, 2015
Visit site
Every region lacking something lol

Still doesn't justify the fact that Samsung robbed us this year. Even if you don't use or dont notice the extra features, they should be there! That's the whole point of the note series. Everything but the kitchen sink. As a long time Samsung loyalist, I'm extremely disappointed. The Note 20 ultra is way too big and ugly ( horrendous camera bump) for me. The flat, less storage, lower display N20 gives me zero reason to upgrade from my N10. Thumbs down samsung. The only thing I'm getting this year is the buds live, finally something that fits my ears. Lol

jhimmel

Jul 15, 2014
Visit site
Still doesn't justify the fact that Samsung robbed us this year. Even if you don't use or dont notice the extra features, they should be there! That's the whole point of the note series. Everything but the kitchen sink. As a long time Samsung loyalist, I'm extremely disappointed. The Note 20 ultra is way too big and ugly ( horrendous camera bump) for me. The flat, less storage, lower display N20 gives me zero reason to upgrade from my N10. Thumbs down samsung. The only thing I'm getting this year is the buds live, finally something that fits my ears. Lol
Show them by not buying.
I skipped this one. I bought every Note since the Note 7.
If you buy one, you are not ripped off, you are voting yes.

Last edited:

svtcobra

Feb 16, 2013
Visit site
I asked the manager. Your sign says 3 pieces of candy for one dollar. Is that exactly correct? Yes. Not 2, not 4. It's THREE for 1 dollar. Thank you. I will buy 3 pieces for 1 dollar. Have a great day! I get home and look in the bag, yup 3 pieces of candy. Look at the receipt, yup 1 dollar. Go online I GOT SCREWED!

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
Removing the 45w wasn't a big deal, it only added like 10 mins faster charging and you had to fork out an additional $50 for it.

Also which phone had 16gb of RAM? Wasn't the largest Samsung ever made so far 12gb of RAM?
S20 ULTRA 512 had 16GB, I don't recall if the Note 10+ did.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
Its a big deal to me, time is money. 10 minutes every charge is a lot. And that 10 minutes gained is in the first 30 minutes and 10% extra of charging means 45 minutes more of time.

So that 10 minutes savings adds 45 minutes. Multiply that by a hell of a lot of charges and that's big. Maybe you don't take advantage of all that time savings. And the 45w chargers were free with promo credits. Definitely worth it

And in an era when other phone makers are going higher, not lower on charging speeds this is unacceptable. We should have got 60w charging this year. Don't be a sheep and accept what Samsung gives you like Apple customers do with iPhones
I think it was more like a 6 to 8 minute difference but that was with a completely empty battery.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rabruslik