How to remove Samsung Pay from watch only

rjack22

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
I activated Samsung Pay on my Watch 5. I am tired of having to put in a code every time I put the watch on. How do I remove or disable Samsung Pay on my watch? I want to keep it on my phone.

Toes Up

Oct 15, 2013
Visit site
I have the same complaint. With the Active2 I had to put in a code everytime I wanted to use the credit card, which made sense, but I didn't have to put in a code everytime I took the watch off.

At the risk of slightly high jacking your thread, is there a way to KEEP the credit card on the watch but put a code in only when you use the card?

rjack22

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
I think it used to be that way. I seem to remember it on my Active 2. At least that only popped up when you wanted to actually use Samsung Pay. Now I have to use the pin every time I put the watch on.

me just saying

Jul 18, 2015
Visit site
you will still need the pin even if you are able to get rid of samsung pay. Your watch is an extension of your phone since it could have emails, messages, phone number and more on it. Without the pin, others may get a hold of your watch and get your personal information. IMO, it is worth the few seconds of having to enter the pin to use it. And imo, the watch is more convenient than the phone to use.

tismydroid

Jun 3, 2012
Visit site
you will still need the pin even if you are able to get rid of samsung pay. Your watch is an extension of your phone since it could have emails, messages, phone number and more on it. Without the pin, others may get a hold of your watch and get your personal information. IMO, it is worth the few seconds of having to enter the pin to use it. And imo, the watch is more convenient than the phone to use.
I don't think that is the case unless it changed in the last month. I never used Samsung pay or Google pay on my watch until recently. Before, setting it up on my watch, I was never required to use a pin.

me just saying

Jul 18, 2015
Visit site
I don't think that is the case unless it changed in the last month. I never used Samsung pay or Google pay on my watch until recently. Before, setting it up on my watch, I was never required to use a pin.

I am just saying you really need to pin to protect your info. You have security on your phone, you really need it on your watch because it has access to some of the same personal info. I know the pin on the watch can be a pain at times, especially if you wear it loosely but security should come first. again, it is only a few seconds of your time.

rjack22

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
Nevertheless I would like to remove Samsung Pay from my watch. Or more importantly...get rid of having to put in a pin.

Rose4uKY

May 8, 2010
Visit site
I have to put in a pin right after I put my watch on every day one time and when I use Samsung Pay I don't have to anymore. I used to have to every tme for Samsung Pay on my Active 2 but on my 4 and now 5 I don't have to.

rjack22

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
I would prefer it if you did have to put the pin in every time you use Samsung Pay. I hate having to put it in every time I put on the watch! That is far more often than I use Samsung Pay on my watch!

I guess the next step is to factory reset the watch if I truly want to get rid of it.

J Dubbs

Jun 4, 2016
Visit site
I would prefer it if you did have to put the pin in every time you use Samsung Pay. I hate having to put it in every time I put on the watch! That is far more often than I use Samsung Pay on my watch!

I guess the next step is to factory reset the watch if I truly want to get rid of it.

Samsung Pay sounds more like Samsung Parasite to me :eek: :p On the bottom of my Z Flip 3, there was a default edge icon that turned out to be for Samsung Pay... I swiped up and said no I don't want to use it and it went away... saved me from having to dig through the settings to disable it. I appreciated that :)

Joshua Luther1

Dec 9, 2013
Visit site
Samsung Pay is one of the apps from Samsung that I never use. I much prefer Google Pay. Even with Gpay, you still have to set up a pin for your watch. I don't pay with my phone or watch regularly to use it. Also I hate the swipe up from the bottom of the screen for Samsung Pay.

fuzzylumpkin

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
Go to Settings>Security>Lock Type and set it to None. This should remove the lock screen and also disable Samsung Pay.

Is it really that much of a chore to enter a lock code when you put your watch on?

Toes Up

Oct 15, 2013
Visit site
Go to Settings>Security>Lock Type and set it to None. This should remove the lock screen and also disable Samsung Pay.

Is it really that much of a chore to enter a lock code when you put your watch on?

I take my watch on and off several times a day so it is kind of a pain but your point is well taken. I only needed the pin on the Active2 to use the credit card (which makes sense). This seems like regression.....

rjack22

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
Yes! It is a chore. Mostly because I can never seem to get the pin right on the first try. This morning it took six tries. Fat fingers or something.

fuzzylumpkin

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
Yes! It is a chore. Mostly because I can never seem to get the pin right on the first try. This morning it took six tries. Fat fingers or something.

Hahaha, I feel you.

I prefered the safe dial approach I could use on my Galaxy watch and Watch 3. One of the big losses going from Tizen to WearOS in my opinion.

Of course, with the 5 not having a rotating bezel, that's kind of moot anyway.

11B1P

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
Nevertheless I would like to remove Samsung Pay from my watch. Or more importantly...get rid of having to put in a pin.
It's a setting you're missing. I have SP set up on my GW3 and my watch is off and on multiple times a week. I never have to enter the pin until I activate SP. Granted this is for Tizen but here is what I see:

Settings on the watch > Security and Privacy > Lock > "Type" is set to Pin > "Use For" is set to Payments only. If you change this last setting to Screen and Payments, you'll have to set a pin every time you take your watch off and put back on.

Sent from my SM-T970 using AC Forums mobile app

tismydroid

Jun 3, 2012
Visit site
It's a setting you're missing. I have SP set up on my GW3 and my watch is off and on multiple times a week. I never have to enter the pin until I activate SP. Granted this is for Tizen but here is what I see:

Settings on the watch > Security and Privacy > Lock > "Type" is set to Pin > "Use For" is set to Payments only. If you change this last setting to Screen and Payments, you'll have to set a pin every time you take your watch off and put back on.

I just checked to see if this was possible with the GW5 but it's not. It would be great for Samsung to give us the choice of whether we put the pin in every time we use pay or every time we put watch on. Choice is always good.

Sent from my SM-S908U using AC Forums mobile app

11B1P

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
I just checked to see if this was possible with the GW5 but it's not. It would be great for Samsung to give us the choice of whether we put the pin in every time we use pay or every time we put watch on. Choice is always good.

Sent from my SM-S908U using AC Forums mobile app
Good to know. My GW5P arrives today. It will be interesting to see if I have the same issue as you.

Toes Up

Oct 15, 2013
Visit site
Good to know. My GW5P arrives today. It will be interesting to see if I have the same issue as you.

I have the GW5P and I wasn't able to disable the pin without resetting Samsung Pay, either. If you're able to figure out a workaround when you get your watch, let us know! Thanks.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
genxathletix