Launcher recommendation

kolyan2k

Jan 24, 2012
Visit site
Any launchers out there that support scrollable dock and up to 7 icons in each? I am using Nova, just wondering if there is anything else better with similar features.

Reactions: BEaRebel

Talderon

Jun 5, 2011
Visit site
I spent several hours because I am not a fan of the company that owns Nova, but the issue was, I didn't find anything that was even remotely close to what Nova can offer, so I am still on Nova.

If you find anything, please post! :D

Talderon

Jun 5, 2011
Visit site
Seriously, the dock pages is the one feature I feel is a MUST for a launcher for me. It allows me to keep icons off my main screen as well as organizing/using the phone the way that really works for me and I really did try a TON of launchers and find it amusing that dock pages is something that is just not implemented on any of the ones I tried.

Reactions: waqqas31

kolyan2k

Jan 24, 2012
Visit site
Seriously, the dock pages is the one feature I feel is a MUST for a launcher for me. It allows me to keep icons off my main screen as well as organizing/using the phone the way that really works for me and I really did try a TON of launchers and find it amusing that dock pages is something that is just not implemented on any of the ones I tried.
Yeah thats how i have it setup for years. I have 2 docks (scrollable) that have 14 apps total that i use frequently, and my homescreen(s) are widgets that contain info (weather, notes, calendar, and news)

kolyan2k

Jan 24, 2012
Visit site
That's what I've had for many many years....and i have 2 pages

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230413_140810_Nova7.jpg
    Screenshot_20230413_140810_Nova7.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 82

mesocyclone30

Jul 13, 2012
Visit site
I was using Action Launcher for the last 5 years or so. Nova before that. and Microsoft Launcher at times. but awhile back i had to switch to the stock launcher because the Samsung Themes icons quit working properly with any of those three launchers and I can't figure out why. i always select default icons or system icons. I tried to switch back to Nova but they no longer let you import your homescreens from another launcher anymore which sucks. so i said screw it and went with the stock launcher since Samsung's stock launcher is fancier then it used to be. I bought the premium features for Action Launcher and it was a one time deal and i don't see what people are complaining about. i guess people expect everything to be free. not like you have to pay $9.99 for radarscope and then subscribe to an expensive subscription for extra features. my friends do but i don't storm chase enough to make it worth the extra sub fees.

Joshua Luther1

Dec 9, 2013
Visit site
I was on Nova for a long time. Recently, I switched over to Ruthless Launcher on my Pixel 7 Pro. I've gotten used to it. Action was my second choice. I just can't stand the icon spacing on the Pixel Launcher. Lot of wasted space. It seems that 3rd party launchers are getting a lot harder to find a decent one.

joeldf

Dec 19, 2011
Visit site
Nova seems to be dead. Not sure what's going on with it. Last stable update December 2021
Nova had been developing version 8 in beta. It's last release was in Sept of '22. I'm running it now on my S20 FE. Works fine, so I'll stsy with it.

kolyan2k

Jan 24, 2012
Visit site
Nova had been developing version 8 in beta. It's last release was in Sept of '22. I'm running it now on my S20 FE. Works fine, so I'll stsy with it.
Yeah.....8 months in latest Beta and development is together with Branch. Not very promising lol

The only feature I care about is scrollable and customizable dock....well customizable app drawer menu too. That's it.

joeldf

Dec 19, 2011
Visit site
Yeah.....8 months in latest Beta and development is together with Branch. Not very promising lol

The only feature I care about is scrollable and customizable dock....well customizable app drawer menu too. That's it.
Well, I don't use any searching through the launcher or on the homescreen at all (finding that option to get rid of that search pill is the first thing I do when setting up any launcher that has it, whether through Google or anyone else). So whatever they have with Branch has no affect on me.

Reactions: Laura Knotek

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
isaacmause