ARCHIVED: [ROM][WIP][ALPHA] aospCMod | AOSP 2.3.4/CM7 (GB)

Status
Not open for further replies.

bb6h22lude

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
I'm loving this ROM. This is my first android phone. Only having a couple of problems.
1. Can't turn my phone to landscape while on the browser, texting (only on youtube)
2. Can't receive multimedia messages. (yes I know)
3. With Swype, when I add a word to the dictionary, it gets stored in my dictionary, but when I swype the word out again, the word doesn't pop up. (Even in the suggested bubble box)

Well if anyone could answer these, I would much appreciate out.

P.S. This is my first post to this forum, show me some love, LOL.

THANK YOU IN ADVANCE.

no1home

Feb 28, 2011
Visit site
The proximity issue while on a call was driving me nuts, and I almost went back to stock...then I found this.

http://forum.androidcentral.com/lg-...gingerbread-current-03142011-nightly-135.html

This seemed to fixed my proximity issue, and thought I would pass it along

Hope it works for everyone else.
Thanks so much for this tip, I didn't really want to go back to stock but this proximity thing was driving me nuts too! I just set it to 100 since I didn't have an entry for ro.lge.proximity.delay. I did have one for mot.proximity.delay=100, not sure what the difference is.

jessebwallace

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
Thanks so much for this tip, I didn't really want to go back to stock but this proximity thing was driving me nuts too! I just set it to 100 since I didn't have an entry for ro.lge.proximity.delay. I did have one for mot.proximity.delay=100, not sure what the difference is.

How and where do you change this setting?!
I definitely want to do this!

Eollie

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
I thought the same thing but when I opened it in notpadd++ i found it kinda sorta hidden.

How and where do you change this setting?!
I definitely want to do this!

Its a system file. You need something like root explorer to find it.
Once you do use a program like notepad++ to edit it then put it back in your system folder.

I do not want to be responsible for you messing your phone so I suggest googling build.prop editing and read up before doing it.

ashton4life

Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
Try the new 3/19 rom, proximity sensor seems to be working for me.

Do you or anyone else know if I can flash this with CWMA v1.2518.4 recovery menu? Also can you link me to the new 3/19 rom that has the black screen proximeter fix? Are there any other bugs that havent been fixed? MMS, WiFi? anything?

Maybe I should just wait a month or so to let the smart ones figure them out huh?

Thanks in advanced my friends!:)

Last edited:

sd_matto

Feb 1, 2011
Visit site
Do you or anyone else know if I can flash this with CWMA v1.2518.4 recovery menu?

Yes, you can flash with CWMA .4; I just did it with both .4 and .6

Also can you link me to the new 3/19 rom that has the black screen proximeter fix? Are there any other bugs that havent been fixed? MMS, WiFi? anything?

Maybe I should just wait a month or so to let the smart ones figure them out huh?

Thanks in advanced my friends!:)

The link for the new 3/19 rom is on page 1. As to whether it has the black screen proximeter fix, still testing. For the rest of your questions, don't know.

Best of luck.

unkuser

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
Does the new build fix finding location using cell towers or wifi.
To test shut off gps. Click on google maps and find your location.

I could only get location with gps.

nickmiller71

Feb 14, 2011
Visit site
just flashed the 3/19 Rom. Works great, but one bug I've already found involves the main settings menu shutting down if you try and select a ringtone or a notification tone.

dEris

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
Only new thing in this new released is a fixed proximity sensor? I fixed this myself, no need for this update. Plus I'm running zeffie CM7. For me, battery last longer. =] besides sensor, what else is new fellas?

[ Sent from an LG Optimus V ]

ashton4life

Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
just flashed the 3/19 Rom. Works great, but one bug I've already found involves the main settings menu shutting down if you try and select a ringtone or a notification tone.

I hate the default ringtone so that wont work for me. This is what I mean, since I dont know how to fix these kinda things it would be better to wait. I'm sure there are more bugs once people keep checking things. The Gingerbread Rom I tried earlier thought I had a slider querty! lol .I do appreciate the effort from everyone but I read somewhere Virgin Mobile or LG is going to release the 2.3 Ginger update pretty soon, but who really knows. I have the Stock Virgin Mobile + Xionia Kernel (BETA 2) Rom and it runs great it just takes a little longer to boot up but after its fast and everything works. I clocked it to 764 and it flys though live wallpapers make it lag a little regardless. I'm still testing battery life but so far its seems ok after calibrating and tweaking battery draws. I hope this 2.3 Rom gets fixed completely soon though!

Last edited:

ashton4life

Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
Yes, you can flash with CWMA .4; I just did it with both .4 and .6

The link for the new 3/19 rom is on page 1. As to whether it has the black screen proximeter fix, still testing. For the rest of your questions, don't know.

Best of luck.

Thx Dinlaca!! I'll stay in touch with my feedback and findings. I just noticed on the 3rd comment in the 1st page the link "aospCmod wiki" that is there answers alot of questions.

Last edited:

r00t

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
So what's changed in 03/19/2011?

What I've noticed right off the bat:

• No proximity senor screen blackout issues.
  • Bootanimation change
  • Default Launcher

Liquidplacidity

Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
This doesn't feel like a real Cyanogenmod ROM. For CM7, it also seems much slower. Does anyone else notice? Also, when you go into the Cyanogenmod update push option, and try to open it, it force closes. I'm reflashing back to to 0307.

Lunacy1134

Feb 5, 2011
Visit site
This doesSon't feel like a real Cyanogenmod ROM. For CM7, it also seems much slower. Does anyone else notice? Also, when you go into the Cyanogenmod update push option, and try to open it, it force closes. I'm reflashing back to to 0307.

You guys sound like spoiled brats. If you are so unhappy go make your own CM port.

So far the 17th build is much faster for me. thanks aosp

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cottoneyejoe