B380 update?

Davide Carozza

Jan 17, 2015
Visit site
Anyone gotten the B380 update? A number of people on the XDA forums have forced the update, but at least one person got it OTA and there are articles about its release in Germany. The article says rollout should be done by 3/14, but I don't know if that means just for European/German models.

I'm curious because it supposedly fixes both the autobrightness problem and improves battery life. I love EMUI 5, but my battery life is a far cry from what it was on 4.1.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
Anyone gotten the B380 update? A number of people on the XDA forums have forced the update, but at least one person got it OTA and there are articles about its release in Germany. The article says rollout should be done by 3/14, but I don't know if that means just for European/German models.

I'm curious because it supposedly fixes both the autobrightness problem and improves battery life. I love EMUI 5, but my battery life is a far cry from what it was on 4.1.

I agree with you - though it's still good, my battery life doesn't seem as good as it had been earlier. A fix would be welcomed.

Davide Carozza

Jan 17, 2015
Visit site
I was going to wait for the update but I finally bit the bullet and did a factory reset. My screen has been on for 1:40 and I'm at 75% battery, so that's pretty darn good. I hate doing resets after updates, but I'm always reminded that they work when I, you know, actually do them.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
I was going to wait for the update but I finally bit the bullet and did a factory reset. My screen has been on for 1:40 and I'm at 75% battery, so that's pretty darn good. I hate doing resets after updates, but I'm always reminded that they work when I, you know, actually do them.

Sounds like a good plan! I may try that out later! :)

Davide Carozza

Jan 17, 2015
Visit site
Well, whatever positive effect it may have had was short lived (or just placebo effect in the first place). Post reset battery still drains fast on EMUI 5.

digitalbreak

Trusted Member
Jun 13, 2013
Visit site
Interesting. I have not seen much of a difference in battery life between EMUI 4 and 5. The battery life was/is good still. But glad to know Honor is tackling the issues as it shows they care!

wcavaliere88

Nov 20, 2015
Visit site
Interesting. I have not seen much of a difference in battery life between EMUI 4 and 5. The battery life was/is good still. But glad to know Honor is tackling the issues as it shows they care!

Since updating to 5 I've noticed a slight decline in battery life, but it still gets me through a full day with moderate use. No complaints, but was noticable.

Morty2264

Ambassador
Mar 6, 2012
Visit site
Since updating to 5 I've noticed a slight decline in battery life, but it still gets me through a full day with moderate use. No complaints, but was noticable.

I feel like my change has been slight, as well. Not blatant or enough to cause issues - but still a slight change, nonetheless.

orangecroc

Trusted Member
Nov 2, 2016
Visit site
Changelog for. B380
d8c422877d9098e5e8a2d27a83b15f86.jpg

garethrdwilliams

Mar 13, 2014
Visit site
I updated to B380 this morning. I found the EMUI5 update was better battery life so interesting to see how this update performs. I did see it said there were security patches in the update as well as best to update

biogon

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
Just another echo of exactly the same experience as the OP.

"Upgraded" to B360, battery life dropped about 50% (from about 7 hours SoT to less than 3.5), mostly in standby (Android System and Android OS taking up more than half the battery).

Did a factory reset and it was good for about two to three days, and the dropped again.

I ended up rolling back to B162 and battery life is back to normal.

Don't know what the problem is, but I don't like it one bit and wish they would fix it.

digitalbreak

Trusted Member
Jun 13, 2013
Visit site
I have been running B360 since it was released and have no battery drain issues. Are you sure it is not caused by some apps? Have you tried finding the app that is draining your battery?

biogon

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
Yes, I had the same problem on L04 with B360 using a clean install with factory reset, with no non-Google apps besides the Microsoft suite and Nova Launcher.

The drain comes from Android OS and Android System.

I had a similar problem with Nougat on a Nexus 6P on my company's commercial Cisco wifi network. I think it has something to do with the system never being able to Doze.

digitalbreak

Trusted Member
Jun 13, 2013
Visit site
Here is my latest battery usage. It was idle during yesterday night from 1am till 7am but I had been using rest of the hours. This is on par before the Nougat update as well for me:

27926.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87