No weather data available

kazerak2

Dec 15, 2010
Visit site
Ok, I did the ROM update last night but all last night and today my weather widget was working but now it just says my city name under the clock and thats it. I go to weather and it says this "No weather data available" Springfield (current). However it still shows 4 day weather but not the current weather. Different cities work not mine though:(.

RUSH

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
There is another thread discussing the same issue. It's a known problem - probably a network problem.

maevro#CB

Jun 22, 2010
www.twitter.com
Its not just a HTC issue. I am using a different ROM without Sense and installed Fancy Widget, which I find far superior to the similar clock/date/weather app.

I can choose weather from Google, Weatherbug, etc. and I have gotten that issue. I just did a soft reset and the weather came up.

nervousmark

Feb 13, 2012
Visit site
I have had this issue for months and I just stumbled on the solution! It's NOT A NETWORK ISSUE. It's in the main settings menu under "Accounts and Sync". There are check boxes regarding auto sync and background syncing that need to be checked. You also need to make sure that "weather" is in the list of applications that get synced. I have a feeling that in all my rebooting and restoring to factory settings efforts for various reasons, the boxes get unchecked. Once I checked those boxes, and did a manual sync on weather, the widget immediately started working again.

I'm happy this frustrating chapter is over! I hope it works for you too.

Thanks,
M