i loved the eris but no updates right

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
I'm sorry to be the one to tell you but the Eris's journey ends (officially) with eclair... although i do believe there are Froyo roms available

Smitty_82

Android Addict
Aug 8, 2010
Visit site
the one in the market is gone, and where exactly can i find kaosfroyo v38

Not sure where to find the app your talking about, but I used Z4root on my DX and it worked like a charm. True one touch root! You can just do a google search for the apk and install.

derpudel

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site
You can still root with gscript lite, and the dl file from the link, as my daughter did it yesterday. She did have to wipe her phone, tho, for it to work.

She is now running 2.2 /Kaos Froyo ROM, and really loves her Eris again! It's a great little phone, I have one, and always loved it. I might even root mine, etc..and use it from time to time. It's in mint condition, too!

tropper

Smarty Pants
Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
the one in the market is gone, and where exactly can i find kaosfroyo v38

There was a thread on here that I have linked to before it seems to be removed and the poster banned.??? :confused:
IDK why, his post helped me alot I even thanked him.

[ROM]KaosFroyo V39 [12/19] [FROYO] - xda-developers
I see that Kaos made v39 now which I'll have to flash tonight. It fixes a couple of bugs with the pic gallery and uses conaps kernel. which using v38 you would need to flash
conaps cfs v8 kernel on top of kaosfroyo v38 for better battery management.
As for the easy root method ill look for the apk. on my puter at home an post it if I can