Buying EVO 3D with Synergy ROM?

coadman

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
Negotiating with a person wanting to sell their EVO 3D, has been rooted with Synergy ROM. Been doing a little reading on the ROM, is it one of the better ones available?
thanks,
Jim

newboyx

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
If you are buying a phone based on the ROM, you are missing the point of custom ROMs. Buy the phone and put whatever ROM you want on it.

coadman

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
Valid point,,not buying the phone because of the ROM, buying it because I do not like my Optimus S, my son has the HTC EVO 3D(loves it),,,THIS is just a PLUS, since it is already rooted. I have not rooted a phone before, but have read a bit about it. By the way, person told me it had version 4.1 on it, is that the latest?

newboyx

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
Check this thread ★☆★|ROM|Nightly|◄●|Synergy 3Dvo|●►|2.3.4|SQLite Journal / MPD CPU1 TWEAK|ZEUSMODS|★☆★ - xda-developers it has all off the information for that ROM. That is very much a developers ROM. If you have never rooted, it is probably a little on the hardcore side for a novice. I don't mean that in an insulting way.

Find out what HBOOT version the phone is. The person who rooted it should know. This information will be useful in helping you flash a different ROM if you choose to.

For a beginner I would recommend using a more user friendly ROM. I love my Evo3D, if you are getting a good price for it, go ahead and get it. Try out Synergy, if you have any problems I would be more than happy to help you flash a ROM you will feel more comfortable with.

coadman

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
Do have a question, just had the phone for a couple of days. I need to change the font and size on my text messages. It currently is in "script" , plus it is extremely small for me to see. Any way I can change the script and make it larger?

hitman4274

Oct 3, 2011
Visit site
There should be some font apps out to help you out a bit,

Spare parts and blade buddy might help also, but I would shoot for the font apps first

Shot from my shooter in 3D
injected with cleanrom2.8