Somehow I have really messed things up! Please Help!

mat5t

Aug 22, 2011
Visit site
This is my story... I was rooted (using redmondpie.com method for windows 7x64) with the phone's original service pack. I did the over the air update for my htc evo 4g lte. I have since tried everything under the sun to fix this issue to get back to being rooted. These are what happen with whatever I try the steps from http://forums.androidcentral.com/htc-evo-4g-lte/188839-how-re-root-if-you-have-downloaded-newest-ota.html

1. When I try to re-lock boot loader - it just says freezes on 'waiting for device'.
2. When I try to apply RUU - the phone disconnects and can't continue with error code 171.
Steps 3-8 don't work at all. The phone disconnects while doing step 3 and reboots into recovery but will bring up the screen where I can select recovery, but when i try to go into recovery it says "E:Can't Open /cache/recovery/command"
On the top when I restart and try to go into the bootloader, across the top it says "tampered" and underneath that it says "locked". I also cannot delete the super su app. I have no idea what to do. I have tried different usb ports and cables. I am very frustrated and want this to work. Any ideas? I have even tried resetting the device 2 times.... I have everything backed up, so i am willing to do what ever it takes!

Thanks for any help in advance,

5t

mat5t

Aug 22, 2011
Visit site
in case anyone else runs into this issue, the issue i was having that the htc evo drivers weren't installed for when it was in recovery mode. so after installing them manually when the device manager showed "android 1.0', i have been able to complete all the steps and am rooted again! :D