Finally a release date!

jpmciver

May 24, 2012
Visit site
SOOOOO basically there was no point for me doing a preorder….thanks Sprint & HTC…atleast you communicated out a date and people will get the phone the same day if not before I get my preorder phone. Im tired of EVOGATE, I just want my EVO. *shrug*...yea I said the same thing on ISN....im that frustrated.

solo1

May 31, 2010
Visit site
After having my phone for over a week now, the seems like old news ... lol ... Joking aside it's good that the it's FINALLY getting released to the masses .

Tuco314

May 18, 2012
Visit site
Of course one has to interpret "most retail channels" :-\

We live in a small town so it might take until next week. But at least I will get my first smartphone before the business trip yeah!

BigDinCA

Jun 7, 2011
Visit site
Of course one has to interpret "most retail channels" :-\

We live in a small town so it might take until next week. But at least I will get my first smartphone before the business trip yeah!

Small town, my ass! Sounds like a road trip is coming up for you this weekend! Head out Friday night, camp out in a Best Buy parking lot with some beers and snap into a Slim Jim! Get that EVO, my friend.

nightmare

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
It's about time. Only a day later than I predicted. Hopefully I can make it to a BB or Sprint store and pick one up after work on Sat. Damn business trips...

Robbie317

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
I live near Dallas, Texas and my local Walmart has had several in stock since last week. I had my preorder through Best Buy and it had already shipped but I was at Walmart just yesterday and they still had 2 left on the shelf (They had 4 I think on Friday of last week) and they don't have one on Display so you had to ask.. I was just in there looking to see if they had any different cases vs what Best Buy had and when I asked they lady pointed to the ones they had in stock... I didn't want one that was in stock I wanted a case.. and because mine had already shipped my upgrade was used up and I had to just wait for the UPS man to show up...

skoolboi

May 28, 2012
Visit site
glad they finally posted a release date now im wondering how well it will sell... what kind of a push are they going to put behind it

Emmanuel11

Oct 28, 2010
Visit site
Now my plan is not to straight go out and buy the EVO I'm gonna wait until a few people buy them so I can know thier opinions and what bugs and stuff it had then I'll buy it so I may wait to July 2nd maybe if I'm lucky Best Buy will have it in white or whatever the secondary color is

bpcooper14

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
I was able to get my Evo3d for $50 last year after having my og evo for only 1 yr. I'm hoping the guys at my local store will be able to hook me up again this year. I'll have to swing in tomorrow and double check that they are getting any stock in for Saturday.

Gary Friderichsohn

May 20, 2012
Visit site
I don't understand people's frenzied rush to get this phone. Many of us aren't going to have LTE for probably longer than we realize and so will be stuck with 3G. I understand it is a well appointed phone, and especially with ICS. Also I believe some have EVO4G's that work less than perfect. But listening to some of you complain about delayed delivery I wonder if you will be disappointed once the newness wears off and you are stuck with 3G for however many more months. I live in a rural area and I am under no delusions I will get LTE very soon. My contract is up 9/01 and I think my best plan is to sit back and watch the parade for awhile.

TraderGary

Trusted Member
Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
I don't understand people's frenzied rush to get this phone. Many of us aren't going to have LTE for probably longer than we realize and so will be stuck with 3G. I understand it is a well appointed phone, and especially with ICS. Also I believe some have EVO4G's that work less than perfect. But listening to some of you complain about delayed delivery I wonder if you will be disappointed once the newness wears off and you are stuck with 3G for however many more months. I live in a rural area and I am under no delusions I will get LTE very soon. My contract is up 9/01 and I think my best plan is to sit back and watch the parade for awhile.

Many of us have WiFi at home, work, restaurants, shopping malls, etc. I'll be using LTE probably less than 5% of the time I'm using mine. I have WiFi available literally everywhere I go. I live in a rural area too.

Robbie317

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Many of us have WiFi at home, work, restaurants, shopping malls, etc. I'll be using LTE probably less than 5% of the time I'm using mine. I have WiFi available literally everywhere I go. I live in a rural area too.

They have started "Testing" LTE here in Dallas... From my house I get an LTE signal from time to time... Some nights it stays up all night and then the next day it's gone and then it's back and then it's gone again.. But I agree with you Trader Gary... Your not going to use LTE THAT often.. I had the original WiMax EVO and I didn't use that 4G very often and I find it even more amusing in multiple articles written by iPhone 4 fans complaining about paying $10 premium data for an LTE phone that has no LTE support but you pay the same $10 premium data fee with an iPhone on Sprint that will never even be able to use LTE period (Maybe the new iPhone 5 has it but not the current model) and even on 3G this phone is ten times better than my original EVO 4G... Much better battery life an amazing screen ultra fast and smooth.... Oh well.... I love it and I just hope the LTE speeds are even close to what I have gotten the past week when it's up and running here in Texas... Oh and I am always on WiFi at home.. If those LTE speeds are even 1/2 what they have been when it pops up I might ditch my home internet and tether off my phone when at the house....