EVO LTE Issues/Problems you are having

shucklak84

Oct 10, 2010
Visit site
Noisy audio when plugged into car aux here. I noticed it listening to Pandora and charging the phone simultaneously. I didn't notice it while not charging and listening to the Music app though. I assumed it is because I was charging it while listening, but after reading some posts here I'm not sure that's the case.

TomCat0197

May 3, 2012
Visit site
The only complaint I have is with the bluetooth. I'm unable to make calls through my bluetooth car stereo (Eclipse CD5030.) My old Evo was able to do this. When I attempt to make calls, the head unit source switches to the phone, but I'm unable to hear it ring or connect. Streaming (Pandora for example) sounds great though. Hopefully it is something that can and will be fixed.

ctdreamin

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
SD Card issue

I didn't have an SD card initially when I first got the phone, and have added a 16 gb card. When I use a file manage to explore, the internal 10 Gb storage is labeled sdcard, and I have to go up a few levels in the folder tree to find my actual sdcard which is named sdcard2. Is this normal? Will I have to wipe the device and start over so it correctly registers the card?

biggdogg9

Dec 1, 2011
Visit site
I seem to have lost my bottoms icons when u first turn on ur phone i don't know how i

from my HTC evo lte that was smuggled through customs in a kilo of cocaine

biggdogg9

Dec 1, 2011
Visit site
K thanks got it back it was under lock screen short cut

from my HTC evo lte that was smuggled through customs in a kilo of cocaine

Epsom_D2

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
My sense CONSTANTLY restarts. Every time I exit an app it hangs until sense restarts. It is completely annoying to the point of being unusable. APEX fixed this but I really like sense widgets and the sense ICS dock and don't care to use apex. Sucks.

I had the same problem after I enabled my HTC Hub account. After removing the account the sense restarts stopped.

oldrtyfrog

Apr 1, 2011
Visit site
Coming from the EVO 3D, this new EVO LTE seems A LOT more buggy.

Location does not update when I move from one area (city or town) to another. EVO 3D did this with no issue. Also the weather in general doesn't seem nearly as accurate as it was on the EVO 3D.

When opening the Gmail app, sometimes it seems to freeze and it has just a blank white page with the Gmail icon at the top. When this happens I have to reset the phone completely to get Gmail to open properly (I've tried killing it in task manager and the 'running apps' in settings and that does not help). VERY FRUSTRATING.

Same thing has happened when opening up the internet browser. It just freezes on a blank screen and is inoperable until I restart the phone.

Lock screen music controls are inconsistently present. When running Spotify, sometimes the lock screen music controls will be there (NICE!!) but 50% of the time they aren't (WTF??)

Is anyone else experiencing any of these issues? I'm still within my 14 days and considering returning this bad boy and waiting to give the SG3 a try...

I'm having the same exact problem with Gmail. Rebooting will temporarily fix it, but that gets annoying.

mazzmoney95

Sep 10, 2011
Visit site
ATM, I have 3 problems (only one is REALLY a problem)
1) The phone constantly asks me to set my time zone. It's annoying. I set it to automatic and it asks me at least once a day (sometimes as much as 3 times). not big, but it sbouldnt do that.
2) Multitasking. It kills this phone. It is a reason not to get it and a reason to pick the SGSIII. That and the fact HTC wont fix it because sites like Android Central are condoning this.
3) No AOSP ROMs right now. Well, none that work perfectly at least. Apparently in order for both data and text we need the kernel source, which HTC hasnt released. they are obligated to release it in 3 months after the phones release, but that is a long way (also, is may 18th the release or is it May 25th or june 2nd?)
4) The screen is messed up. It doesnt bother me anymore, but if i press the screen harder than normal, the screen moves and you can here a clicky noise. I can press the screen and move it, and i dont think that should happen.
5) This isnt the phones fault, but the autobrightness lag is also annoying. I like the autobrightness setting and it's a shame i cant use it.

Besides these, i really like the phone. I know I'd love it WAY more if some of these problems werent there (im looking at you multitasking :))

nieuwiefan

Jun 28, 2011
Visit site
I've had one restart that generated an error report and daily restarts that didn't. Wonder if that's because I moved all my apps from internal storage to phone storage.

I have experienced this too. Not really sure why, I can't find a consistent trigger. I continue to send HTC reports as it occurs.

EVO28312

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
Where do I start... Well ill start with what's annoying me the most. Should of been done posting this but it took me about 10 min to finally connect 3g. This phone definitely has tons of bugs and lots more than the og or EVO 3d did. The multitasking on this is a joke don't understand why they couldnt just throw in 2gigz. The constant sense reloading is another bothersome problem so much that I have been using nova permanently. I can keep going as there's lots of other little things that are very frustrating. This is why I'm returning mine on Thursday and wait don't hang me for this but actually giving the s3 a try. I figured if I'm not even using sense why not get a phone more powerful in terms of RAM and solve my multitasking and other problems. This doesn't mean I won't be coming back but if Sammy impresses me well than I'll be a Sammy user for at least a year

Last edited:

DANO7024

May 24, 2010
Visit site
Is anybody else having this problem? When I have a security pattern on my phone,when I get a notification and pull the screen down and press the whatever notification it maybe,it goes to my pattern screen and I have to unlock it to see the notification.Now if I see what the notification is like text,email or anything else and go thru the app then no problem. When I take the security off it works fine.

thomasr1950

Jan 15, 2011
Visit site
Do you have a screen protector? The invisibleskins they had at launch covered the proximity sensor...

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums
I have a Zagg HD on mine, not sure if it covers the sensor or not. I know the sensor it not easy to see. What's the best way to find out if the cover is covering the sensor?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87