Evo 4G lte video quality

meb730

Jun 8, 2012
Visit site
I was wondering if anybody else was expereincing poopr video quality. Even when I connect at home to wifi to test this out and go on ESPN.com the video quality is terrible. Netflix is terrible too. Very choppy.

zpoettker

Jul 6, 2011
Visit site
Video quality on youtube and netflix is fantastic for me. I have a 15 mbps connection though. What connection do you have? That's the biggest culprit.

meb730

Jun 8, 2012
Visit site
When I tested the wifi in my living room it should be around 7mbps. At least that is what I am paying for and it usually is around there.

LegacyEvoAce

May 29, 2012
Visit site
Video quality tends to suck rather bad for me as well it looks about as crappy as my samsung admire used to. There are some videos that are pretty decent though with HQ on. Overall though I was expecting better im going to put a movie from my comp onto the phone and see how it looks then get back to this post.

cloak.n.dagger

Jun 24, 2010
Visit site
Keep in mind, that you display resolution is 720x1280. Any low def video is going to look bad at full screen on a display of this nature. Same is true on your home LCD as well. Most video streaming services will adjust the reolution of the content based on your current connection speed. Try playing a high dev video when on a known fast interent connection and see what you get. Or, rip a DVD/bluray you own to the proper display format and see how that works. I recently convereted some of my DVD movies using handbrake and the quality on my EVO 4G LTE was awesome!

LegacyEvoAce

May 29, 2012
Visit site
Aight just put a HD video on my phone and it looks amazing. So apparently yeah its just streaming like youtube and such which sucks. As for my connection well my download is around 35mb average(supposed to be 50) but my upload tends to be all over the place its supposed to be about 8 yet usually its 5 or less.

So yeah im confused as to why youtube videos tend to look so crappy still.

Reactions: bigr97

LegacyEvoAce

May 29, 2012
Visit site
Soooo anyone knows what up with streaming? Is there some kind of option or are there just certain kind of files that just play better ?

cloak.n.dagger

Jun 24, 2010
Visit site
Not all youtube videos are uploaded in HD resolutions. It depends on the video clip you are viewing. If the video was only uploaded at 640x480 then it's going to look bad. If the video has an HD option, then click that and it should look nice on the display (provided the internet connection is good enough).

IAmSixNine

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
HD looks good on mine.
I have Time Warner Cable and with it comes access to Watch ESPN.
I can stream ESPN on my device and as long as im on a fast connection (WIFI) its got an awesome crisp clear picture.
YouTube in HD is also great.

Reactions: cloak.n.dagger

geauxlsutigers

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
I have ZERO issues with video streaming, YouTube, Hulu, Netflix, Sprint TV HD, web flash and ESPN Watch all look crytstal clear, not sure what's up with your EVO but I would say it's not normal.

Glenn

Nov 2, 2010
Visit site
Thanks yeah that video definitely looks alot better then other videos ive seen but its still lower quality then the vids i've put or even recorded on my phone. I guess thats just the price for streaming of any sort.(hilarious video btw)
In that case, I think the culprit is your connection speed. Let's hope Sprint gets LTE up and running in your area soon.

zhecht

Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
Only problem I've had is that the saturation levels on the screen are too high, making everyone in Netflix videos look like they just got a spray tan.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cloudsofmana