WiFi Issues AFTER OTA Update

Magman007

May 12, 2012
Visit site
Has the OTA cured any ones WiFi dropping issues? My device is still behaving just as it did before, if not a little bit worse.

Thoughts? I am very disappointed, I dealt with it for 2 months now, I figured, as soon as it updates all will be good, now It seems HTC spent 2 months developing a fix that didn't work. So they don't really know what the problem is, and its going to be even longer until its fixed, if it ever gets fixed.

Jjeune

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
Has the OTA cured any ones WiFi dropping issues? My device is still behaving just as it did before, if not a little bit worse.

Thoughts? I am very disappointed, I dealt with it for 2 months now, I figured, as soon as it updates all will be good, now It seems HTC spent 2 months developing a fix that didn't work. So they don't really know what the problem is, and its going to be even longer until its fixed, if it ever gets fixed.

Same here. Wifi issues still persist on mine after the update. Won't say I'm disappointed just yet since they seem to have addressed a few bugs but it's annoying to see the wifi being randomly disconnected daily.

Sent from my HTC EVO 4G LTE using Tapatalk 2

Magman007

May 12, 2012
Visit site
I am mostly disappointed in the fact that without 4gLTE Wifi is the only way the device is useable outside of sending calls or texts, its quite frustrating to be in the middle of something, and have the wifi drop out.

klau25

Dec 15, 2009
Visit site
yup, same here. wifi still shuts off after phone screen turns for awhile. when i wake up in th morning, i still have to turn off and on my wifi to recieve my emails.

Andras

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site
Nope no issues here. I regularly surf the web on my phone while watching tv and last night was the first time my connection did not drop out after getting it on launch day. I've also never really had an issue with the disconnect when the phone is sleeping.

nathy321

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
My WiFi would connect and disconnect all the time before the update, since the update it has not disconnect once and its working great. Most of the bugs I was experiencing were resolved, my only issue now is multitasking :/

procure

Apr 12, 2011
Visit site

Mine seems to be worse as well. I'm dropping Wifi more frequently than before the update.

Reactions: Mom2Ninjas

usguyver

Jul 7, 2010
Visit site
mine is working after ota but other thing did not so i did a factory data reset and all is now good but i hate have to do a reset

crxssi

Linux: The power beneath
May 31, 2010
Visit site
I have never had WiFi drop on me while actively using the phone. But I am almost always connected to Linksys Tomato Toastman WRT54G routers (both at home and work).

My problems are it not connecting to new routers in the background, automatically, while the phone is asleep or screen off. So if I move from one area to another, it will never connect until I wake the phone up (Not that I think the phone even tries to use WiFi data when it is asleep with all the wacky strange stuff that HTC has done) And sometimes even dropping WiFi while sleeping even when I have never left the same router it was working on when it was awake.

http://forums.androidcentral.com/htc-evo-4g-lte/178779-wifi-disconnects-sleep.html

Lonestaroc

Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
wow! i feel bad for whoever is still going through this issue.. i just returned my old evo lte and the new one i got is amazing! i previously had terrible wifi range at home and dropped cellular signal at all time during the day..almost UNBEARABLE. I realize sprint's 3g isnt fast like the competitors in my area but now that i switched the phone my wifi issue was resolved. It's definately a hardware issue and should be returned.. Now im just afraid that if i do this OTA update that i will again have that wifi range/dropped 3g signal issue..

The phone is so amazing now that i exchanged it.. it reignited my trust in THE EVO line:'(

PreMo15

Jul 25, 2012
Visit site
I remember reading somewhere (sorry, can't remember which article) that the wifi disconnect issues were traced back to faulty contacts between the antenna and mainboard. Since it's a hardware issue, OTAs won't help. Your best bet would be taking it in and trying to get a replacement. That's not to say that every phone that has disconnect issues is because of this since there are a lot of factors that go into maintaining a solid connection...some people have reported better stability by enabling Best Wifi Performance because it supposedly increases power to the antenna, but at the cost of battery life.

Sent from my EVO LTE

DallasBrotha

Aug 17, 2012
Visit site
Since I updated, my wifi won't stay connected at work. It connects then immediately disconnects and this porcess goes on all day, draining my battery. I can live with that at work, but the bigger questions is, who is reading this forum to ensure that the problem gets fixed? HTC EVO 4G LTE

VinnyL187

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
Hey everyone this problem has been pissing me off for a while now but I have finally found the cure the problemisn't sw or hw it is in fact the back case there is an antenna on the back case that u can take off to get to the sd slot and there are four or five springs that connect to the antenna go to the link and u will see instructions to fix the problem it has worked for me

Sprint Community: Having trouble with the M520

Kirkenstein

Jan 9, 2013
Visit site
Mind reposting that link Vinny the link you posted says nothing about removing a cover for springs. Its a link to a sprint community page that has nothing to do with the HTC Evo lte