Browser keeps closing and reverting to phone's home screen

glenninduluth

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
The title says it all. My browser keeps closing and reverting to phone's home screen. I have had the phone for about 6 weeks and software is up to date. The problem just started yesterday. Doesn't seem to be any particular web pages that make it happen. Any thoughts?

kronosqq

Apr 19, 2012
Visit site
Just to be clear you did a full restart right? Not just power off and on when fast boot is enabled. Try going into app management for it and clear the cache. If that doesn't work then clear data too. And make sure it's completely closed first.

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums

glenninduluth

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
Yep. Tried full power off. I don't use fast boot. Tried the simulated battery pull. Cleared the cache and the data. Sometimes it happens as soon as I get to my homepage and other times it might be a few minutes into browsing. Doesn't seem to be any particular pages that causes it. Also, when it happens there is no force close notification. Just jumps back to the phones home screen as if I had hit the home button. Most of the time if I hit the internet icon again it will reload where it left off at.

McMcM

Sep 14, 2012
Visit site
Mine has been doing this for 2 weeks now. I just installed the upgrade a few days ago. It is still doing it. Trying to research best Android tablet to buy my 13 year old son for school and I am close to smashing this phone to bits. This phone has sucked since I have had it..over 3 months now. Sprint is zero help. HTC is more help (regarding dropped mobile / data connection) but that still flakes too. Anyway..anybody know the fix for the latest browser / websites closing issue, how to keep mobile connection ON, or best Android tablet for son (around 300.00 & used is okay). Would appreciate it!

dontspamtheman

May 16, 2010
Visit site
Mine recently started doing this also and it is frequent.... And now the latest update messed up my individual ringtones which I rely on to know who is calling without looking at the screen. The Phone also lags. I hate to admit it but I think this phone has been a disappointment

bmwpower88

Sep 15, 2012
Visit site
I can confirm that both my HTC one x phones are closing default internet browser on there own. One with the update and the other without update . This is really strange

skyymuffin

Sep 15, 2012
Visit site
I'm having the exact same problem just got my phone last wk out of the box no problems then the next day Sprint sent an update that's when the problem started. Then I updated the phone again with newest update still the browser keeps closing on its own . I've tried all the recommendations above nothing works. Still happens

jimmyg41

May 31, 2011
Visit site
When I first got my ELTE I had this happen when I would go to pages with a lot of pictures especially animated .gifs. It's like the browser would just say "ah it, I'm out" and close on me. No error message, just close out. I started using Chrome and haven't looked back since.

geomatrix

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
Yea my phone rarely did this, up until this week it's been every site practically, even something little like the mobile Wikipedia site. Hmm wonder what's up

kiwicarlos741

May 16, 2012
Visit site
Pretty funny I was just going to post a thread about this and saw that I'm not the only one. It foesnt matter what site Im on but it always does this. It's pissing me off

TlKRnKnot

Aug 25, 2012
Visit site
Mine is doing the same thing and It's frustrating. Tried everything mentioned and nothing fixes it. Emails to HTC have yet to be answered. Hate to say it but I should have gotten the galaxy S3, my friend has not had any problems worth her S3.:mad:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty