Screen not turning on occasionally, go refurb or S3?

Darth Mo

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Ended up with a refurb Evo. They wouldn't let me get a different model. So far I've noticed this phone has worse 3G reception than the phone it replaced. Tried a PRL update but no change in signal.

They gave you a refurb on the spot? That's weird.

nightmare

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
They gave you a refurb on the spot? That's weird.

They had one in seed stock. Cost me $50 to get it from a factory store. Tech said the screen went out.

Trying to figure out now why the new phone is slow to pick up 3G signal in places I used to have no trouble. Did a PRL update and didn't see a difference. Also wondering if today's update did anything to it.

ndzone

Dec 13, 2012
Visit site
I'd like to know:

2- Those of you with refurb phones, are they decent?

Sprint/assurrion refurbs are horrible. I had to get a replacement in the mail a few weeks ago. It came with a messed up speakerphone. Everytime I put it on speakerphone, all that comes out is "white-noise".

Now i have to get to the sprint store to get it fixed or 95% likely replaced with another refurbsh. Its just inconvenient to go a day or 2 without a phone while they look at it.

Mikey47

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Sprint/assurrion refurbs are horrible. I had to get a replacement in the mail a few weeks ago. It came with a messed up speakerphone. Everytime I put it on speakerphone, all that comes out is "white-noise".

Now i have to get to the sprint store to get it fixed or 95% likely replaced with another refurbsh. Its just inconvenient to go a day or 2 without a phone while they look at it.

And just think, the phone you had replaced will be shipped out to someone else too... Hopefully it's refurbished enough.

nightmare

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
They tried to tell me the refurb stuff was better now, but we all know better. Then they tried to sell me the $11/month TEP.

BigPuddin

Mar 7, 2011
Visit site
I went in today and asked them to look at my phone because it was randomly heating/battery draining. They offered to give me a refurb'd evo and I asked if I could get a different phone, they offered me a photon or the s3, I went s3. I get it tomorrow. That was it.