Messaging Doesn't Work (NOOB NEEDS HELP!!)

Ay-Gee

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site
Hey Guys and Gals,

I rooted my phone and installed gingerbread on it. I flashed the stock settings, yet with every ROM I have uploaded onto my phone, and subsequent apps downloaded, I cannot seem to get my incoming texts, and my mailbox is also weird, requiring me to call the number again, like I have an old ass nokia or something.. I used Titanium Backup, and keep trying to restore my messages, but I am not getting any to come in, at all. Moreover, I get a text from the Voicemail to Text feature, but no actual VMs on my phone.. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Lokifish

Banned
Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
Sprint is having multiple network issues. Yesterday was a nation wide SMS outage and today, lets just say my shop was filled with people having issues similar to yours. Cal Sprint CS and have them transfer you to ATS. Let ATS know what's going on with you SMS and VM.

JerryG

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Hey Guys and Gals,

I rooted my phone and installed gingerbread on it. I flashed the stock settings, yet with every ROM I have uploaded onto my phone, and subsequent apps downloaded, I cannot seem to get my incoming texts, and my mailbox is also weird, requiring me to call the number again, like I have an old ass nokia or something.. I used Titanium Backup, and keep trying to restore my messages, but I am not getting any to come in, at all. Moreover, I get a text from the Voicemail to Text feature, but no actual VMs on my phone.. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Regarding the voicemail - try clearing the defaults from any third-party SMS apps like Handcent or Go SMS. It seems that the default messaging app has code to handle those text messages from 9014 (?).

Turn off the notifications in the stock app, so they're not doubled, and when you get or send a regular text message, add that particular default back in manually. I had to do this when I assigned _all_ the defaults to Handcent. Borked the VM...

HTH,
-Jerry