nandroid error run nandroid-mobile.sh restore

blupit30

May 21, 2010
Visit site
so i got this error for the first time tonight after installing toasted delight. it will restore only the back up i made of that rom. will not restore any other back up i made. how can i fix this and why is it caused. thank you for your help.

have searched alot for why and how to fix this. my battery is @ 100% and i have never changes any of the back up names.
also went from 002 to 003. but that shouldnt make any difference.

blupit30

May 21, 2010
Visit site
well i think it is a recovery img issue. cause this is where im getting my error.

56. Once rebooted, go back to your adb command window and enter the following commands:

Code:

adb shell
cat /sdcard/flash_image > /data/flash_image
chmod 755 /data/flash_image
/data/flash_image recovery /sdcard/recovery.img
reboot recovery

right before " reboot recovery" command it spits a tiny error.
gonna redo everything again and see if the error duplicates. if so ill provide the msg do that there is some light on the subject.

blupit30

May 21, 2010
Visit site
this is what i get now.

mtd: not writing bad block at 0x000e0000
error closing recovery: no space left on device

i reformated my card so there is over 7 gb of space left.

blupit30

May 21, 2010
Visit site
well after 3 times of doing this, i was able to get it to work.

steps i took after step #52.
totally erased the card. put only the 3 files (recovery.img , flash_image, mtg-eng)
then input steps #53 and #56 together (minus line 1 from # 56) still got error but booted into recovery. madea nand back up of the current rom. then restarted. enabled disk drive and copied the nandroid back up i made a month ago into the folder created by the back up i just did. then rebooted into recovery and restored the nandroid back up from a month ago.
not sure what the issue was, as my battery was @100% and my card had plenty of space. and i never renamed any of my back ups.
i lost all of my data but im glad that i got it working. if this helps anyone im glad.
happy rooting

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
apkmodyo