New to rooting.. couple questions

Kekoh

Oct 11, 2010
Visit site
I've had my evo for a few months now and I rooted it today. I haven't done any ROMs yet so its still fresh. Anyways, it seems like its acting a bit slower. I don't have 4g where I live so it uses 3g. Since I rooted it, it will drop its 3g connection (the arrows and '3g' gray out), mainly when it idles for a few seconds. I don't recall this happening before it was rooted because I'm sure I would notice it. It will pick the connection back up when I try to load something though. It also seems like when I send a text its a little slower. Before when I hit send it would instantly send the text and pop up in the conversation. Now whenever I send one it has a Please wait box for about 2 seconds whenever I send a text. Does it do this with your evo?

Also someone recommended me the Superuser app from ChainsDD, but it won't install. It downloads and then when it tries to install it says it was unsuccessful. I read in another thread that you can use a file manager and go into download on the SD card and run the installer from there, but I can't find it. I did a full search of my phone including advanced searches looking for date, size, etc. Is there another way to get this app? Failed installation is bothering me.

Sorry for bad formatting I'm posting from my evo.

Thanks in advance

Edit: it was dropping the 3g connection when I was trying to post this. It loaded about 15 percent, dropped from 3g and sat for about 15 seconds and then got 3g again and loaded the page. I haven't had this issue before I rooted. I have always had good signal at my house so it isn't that.

It's still doing it even when I'm trying to edit... but it might only be this site, trying to see if other sites are doing this with me.

Ive only had that problem on this site so maybe its a dif problem.

Last edited:

igotsanevo4g

Retired Moderator
Jul 31, 2010
Visit site
Do a nand back up and flash the ac Rom then see how you sit.

Don't know how to do that? Go to the hacks section and there's threads and even a vid to help.

KSmithInNY

#winning
Oct 7, 2009
Visit site
Moved to the ROMs/Hacks section.

Depending on how you rooted your phone you may actually be using an out dated PRI/PRL/Radio/wimax radio. If you used simpleroot (rolled back to 2.1 then used simpleroot) you have old radios and should upgrade. If you used unrEVOked then I don't believe that touches radios.

Kekoh

Oct 11, 2010
Visit site
I used unrevoked. The first couple problems seem to be ok now, but I still need to find a way to get that superuser app... any suggestions?