Rooting HtC Evo 4g brand new

OrangeGTP

Nov 13, 2010
Visit site
yeh i did cuz the options in the tutorial never came up!! ok so do i disconnect and turn it off what do i do help please

sorry im trying to read those instructions your following...i did not use that method...so im trying to learn with you lol

wtfm8

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
p
the command thingy is telling me i should see a circular icon with green arrow its been on this black screen for a couple min now help? and i dont and it told me to press any key to exit i did
i took out the battery and turnoed it on white screen then the same black screen with the triangle and ****

OrangeGTP

Nov 13, 2010
Visit site
This is like a soap opera. I keep hitting refresh. Lol. All kidding aside wtfm8 I hope your phone is fine. :)

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

his phone is fine. its just a matter of finding the step that went wrong....those instructions said something bout rooting before it wont work...he mentioned using z4root before....so if it doesnt work just a simple ruu run to get back to stock then restart the process is needed

OrangeGTP

Nov 13, 2010
Visit site
p
the command thingy is telling me i should see a circular icon with green arrow its been on this black screen for a couple min now help? and i dont and it told me to press any key to exit i did
i took out the battery and turnoed it on white screen then the same black screen with the triangle and ****

try going back into recovery and reflashing again

wtfm8

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
ok howe
i take out battery put it back in it automatically takes me back without even turning it on please help im freaking out

OrangeGTP

Nov 13, 2010
Visit site
ok howe
i take out battery put it back in it automatically takes me back without even turning it on please help im freaking out

ok first...deep breath...lol...it will be ok..i promise.

leave battery out for a few sec....then put it back in...if you do it too quick it will come back on.

Reactions: wtfm8

wtfm8

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
i disconnecte usb fckkkkkkkkkk now its donig all that stuff again when i get back to that screen anyone have skype or something please help

wtfm8

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
s-on i thought it was supposed to be off but there was nothing about it in the tutorial ...anyways it says s on

PookiePrancer

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site
Crap. I was about to use the exact method you just tried, and I too was going to use z4root temporarily to make a full backup before starting. After working up the nerve to finally try rooting, I think I'm back to square one :(

wtfm8

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
boohoooo just dont post stupid things right now, i feel liek **** ur comment doesent help if it eventually works ill let you know

MissJennell#IM

Mar 4, 2010
Visit site
You should never have freaked out. I used that method and it was on that screen for 20 minutes before it kept going. Patience is key. Now you need to download the pc36img that I posted a link for earlier and put that zip on your sd card and then boot into hboot mode and let it update. You will be back to stock.

wtfm8

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
miss i downloaded it my usb is not connected currently im on that white screen that is asking me fastboot recovery clear storage simlock or hboot usb what do i do

OrangeGTP

Nov 13, 2010
Visit site
You should never have freaked out. I used that method and it was on that screen for 20 minutes before it kept going. Patience is key. Now you need to download the pc36img that I posted a link for earlier and put that zip on your sd card and then boot into hboot mode and let it update. You will be back to stock.

thank you for the help...i was trying to find the link to get him back to stock lol

MissJennell#IM

Mar 4, 2010
Visit site
miss i downloaded it my usb is not connected currently im on that white screen that is asking me fastboot recovery clear storage simlock or hboot usb what do i do

Take the battery out. Take your sd card out. Download the zip for the pc36img and put it on your sd card thru your computer and then put your sd card back in your phone. Put that battery back in and boot it into hboot mode (power and volume down at the same time). It will ask you if you want to update the pc36img. Yes you do.

OrangeGTP

Nov 13, 2010
Visit site
Crap. I was about to use the exact method you just tried, and I too was going to use z4root temporarily to make a full backup before starting. After working up the nerve to finally try rooting, I think I'm back to square one :(

its not as bad as everyone makes it out to be......it just requires the ability to read, patience, being able to follow directions, patience, and more patience.

if you follow the directions its not difficult.