Radioshack Employee here, taking questions about Pre Order/Buying Process

skunkiechris

May 17, 2010
Visit site
If your eligible for your upgrade I think we could. If your opening a new account we'd have to run credit, so no.

It's an eligible upgrade...I feel like it should be doable! I've called 2 of the Radio Shacks in the location I'll be, and in both cases the person who answered immediately said "You have to be here in person" without talking to anyone, etc. Even after I explained the situation. Any tips on how I could coax someone to help me? lol :confused:

Okkoto86

May 7, 2010
Visit site
Can you explain how the $20 accessory discount works? I did not receive any coupon or anything when I pre-ordered.

You get money off of your accessories when you buy the phone.

It's an eligible upgrade...I feel like it should be doable! I've called 2 of the Radio Shacks in the location I'll be, and in both cases the person who answered immediately said "You have to be here in person" without talking to anyone, etc. Even after I explained the situation. Any tips on how I could coax someone to help me? lol :confused:

Like I said this isnt something I know for sure, ill see if I can find out.

tadrscin#AC

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Yes im sure. When we where first told about pre-ordering they said we couldn't, but Radioshack revised it over the weekend. If a store tells you they cant tell them to read their notes.

Cool, thanks. I was in last Friday so it was before the policy change. I'll be heading back over to see if I can get a 2nd one.

Okkoto86

May 7, 2010
Visit site

I just asked my manager. We cant do it over the phone because we cant take payment for the gift card over the phone, plus you have to get the card, we cant hold em. Sorry dude. :eek:

hampstenj

May 8, 2010
Visit site
Crap, your right. Its late, I didn't even think about the contract signing. But yes, the account holder does have to be the one to sign the contract.

dang, that changes things for me then...

humm what should I do then, cuz either way it looks like I'll be playing the hoping game... Why oh Why must the Community College Honors society have it's regional convention 300 miles from home on the launch weekend... If the evo came out last year I could have gotten it, why cuz the convention happened to be in the same town as our radio shack :p

Advice, should I even bother with pre-ordering since they can't hold it till Monday, or should I try my luck on Monday morning.... what to do,

error4o4

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Each phone should be about 5 minutes in sprints system, 5 minutes on the register and then add on top of that any questions, detailed learning required and how many 99 cent resistor customers come in and demand service. :p

makiev

May 18, 2010
Visit site
Was wondering what I need to bring in order to get my corporate discount, I'm only working a part time position. Would my work email work?

Yourdogsdead

May 15, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for answering my question. Wonder if the staff will give me weird looks when I request that they don't open the box. It's going to be like Christmas for me and I don't want the moment ruined.

Okkoto86

May 7, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for answering my question. Wonder if the staff will give me weird looks when I request that they don't open the box. It's going to be like Christmas for me and I don't want the moment ruined.

If I could give you one piece of advice, even if you open it, open it in store. I've had a few phones not come with batteries in the box or missing other accessories, its rare, but you never know. Dont want that to happen on "christmas"!

Ky1e.YC

May 14, 2010
Visit site
If I could give you one piece of advice, even if you open it, open it in store. I've had a few phones not come with batteries in the box or missing other accessories, its rare, but you never know. Dont want that to happen on "christmas"!

thats some piece of advise we should take here. Thanks

tadrscin#AC

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Cool, thanks. I was in last Friday so it was before the policy change. I'll be heading back over to see if I can get a 2nd one.

Well that didn't work. The guy said that he can only put in a pre-order for lines that are eligible at the time of the pre-order. I told him what you said about the notes, but he said there was nothing in any notes about it. I think I'll try another Radio Shack near home. Out of curiosity, does the system keep track of what line a phone has been pre-ordered for? I'm wondering if I go to a different Radio Shack and just use the same line for the pre-order if that will work?

Kevin_G_Sanchez

Feb 23, 2010
Visit site

I don't want them to open my box either!!! Well atleast let me turn it on and let me mess with it and not them.

Last edited:

gr2gztch

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Well that didn't work. The guy said that he can only put in a pre-order for lines that are eligible at the time of the pre-order. I told him what you said about the notes, but he said there was nothing in any notes about it. I think I'll try another Radio Shack near home. Out of curiosity, does the system keep track of what line a phone has been pre-ordered for? I'm wondering if I go to a different Radio Shack and just use the same line for the pre-order if that will work?

I went last friday and pre-ordered the phone and I even told him I will be being full price. the guy had no problems with doing this at all.

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alexpall