Radioshack Employee here, taking questions about Pre Order/Buying Process

Okkoto86

May 7, 2010
Visit site
Sprint employee, Radioshack or any other 3rd party lines are NOT authorized to enable ESNs from the EVO for a limited time basis.

Just like the Samsung INstinct and Palm Pre.

It could be a month, it could be 4 months like the instinct had.

It certainly wont be allowed in the first few weeks.

Sorry for that bad news.

Cmon man I know that. That's why I don't have an employee line. Im willing to pay extra to have a normal customer line so I can upgrade every year and activate new phones when I want.

And about the gift cards, in the past at least, its not been an LP issue, not in my experience. But as I said take my advice with a grain of salt, all of this could be different for this phone. But yes I agree with you that a safer assumption would be just to buy the charger and exchange it later if we don't have the stuff you need at launch.

Last edited:

uh60james

May 16, 2010
Visit site
I'm eligible for my premier upgrade June 1st. Will you let me pre-order? I dont see the problem but you are talking about running credit checks and setting up accounts which shouldnt even be an issue since I'm already a sprint customer.

Question 2. Are you going to make those of us who have Everything Plus Referral Program plans switch to a standard plan? Or can we just add the 10 dollar charge to our EPRP plan?

Okkoto86

May 7, 2010
Visit site
I'm eligible for my premier upgrade June 1st. Will you let me pre-order? I dont see the problem but you are talking about running credit checks and setting up accounts which shouldnt even be an issue since I'm already a sprint customer.

Question 2. Are you going to make those of us who have Everything Plus Referral Program plans switch to a standard plan? Or can we just add the 10 dollar charge to our EPRP plan?

1. Credit checks are only for new accounts, upgrades are different. As long as your eligible before June 4th you can pre order.

2. Honestly, I dont know. Iv never actually come across a referral program plan. But the way I understand it, the extra $10 is going to be an add on, and not a whole new plan. I would check with sprint though.

tlemense

May 16, 2010
Visit site
Do you have to be eligible for an upgrade to preorder? Seems kind of crazy to alienate all of the original BB Tour purchasers on such a big launch.

ImmaSlave4U

May 16, 2010
www.GoVeg.com
I pre-ordered on the 14th and was told I'd get a call with an appointment. Haven't received the call yet...not sure if I will or not but if I do and the appointment is in the afternoon, would I be able to show up early, say at 9am when RS opens?

fgkay

May 17, 2010
Visit site
1. When you pre order we will run your credit and get your account setup just to make sure you eligible to get the phone. We will not be putting any phone #'s on the account at this point. When you pick up and activate the phone is when we'll port your number. Just bring a bill in for your current provider and we will take care of the rest.

I'm wondering if i need to go back to the RS where I pre-ordered. The rep didn't run my credit or check my upgrade eligibility. I did tell them that I am a Premeir customer and that I become eligible on June 12 and they said i was good to go. I was also told it wouldn't be a problem that I will be out of town on the 4th and 5th and wouldn't be able to pick up my phone until I return on the 6th.

Last edited:

skunkiechris

May 17, 2010
Visit site
I live in NY, but will be in FL beginning on June 3rd. Is there any chance at getting a RS in FL to take a phone order for the pre-order? I've called a couple, and they seemed baffled by the idea and said no. Just wondering if it's worth pursuing any further. :)

Thanks!

Josh K

Apr 28, 2010
Visit site
I just pre-ordered and when I asked the employee about the $20 discount he had no clue, and doesn't know how to give it to me, so I left. Does tham mean I get it on the 4th or that I lost it?

Thanks!

Ky1e.YC

May 14, 2010
Visit site
I just pre-ordered and when I asked the employee about the $20 discount he had no clue, and doesn't know how to give it to me, so I left. Does tham mean I get it on the 4th or that I lost it?

Thanks!

I guess that $20 credit should be mentioned in that receipt you have when you pre-ordered. The rep who helped me didn't give me anything for that $20 credit, but he knew very clearly about such details. For pre-order, he gave me gift-card for that $50 deposit, and receipt. Also called some one of sprint, manually checked my credit(a few questions related with my social). Then reminded me 4th and 5th are the open window for picking up the phone, and $20 credit will be applied when I get accessories.

Josh K

Apr 28, 2010
Visit site
It doesn't say anything about it on the reciept, though it does say that I can get a $10 gift card for filling out a survey online.

acuracing

Apr 28, 2010
Visit site
I pre-ordered on the 14th and was told I'd get a call with an appointment. Haven't received the call yet...not sure if I will or not but if I do and the appointment is in the afternoon, would I be able to show up early, say at 9am when RS opens?

A little antsy there, are ya? They'll likely call the day or two before. I already told them I will be there at 9am so they marked it down. My RS guys are pretty cool.

tadrscin#AC

May 17, 2010
Visit site
1. As long as your eligible before June 4th you can pre order.

Are you sure about that? I have 2 lines on my account and one is already eligible for an upgrade and the other is eligible on June 1st. I was told I could only pre-order a phone for the line that's already eligible which I did. Perhaps I should try a different store?

xandrake

Apr 3, 2010
Visit site
Just preordered my EVO from the shack. Woot!

Now I just need to win the one from the contest here for my wife. :D

Last edited:

Okkoto86

May 7, 2010
Visit site

Sure, we aren't doing appointments as a rule. If a store is doing it its something they came up with. Im sure they'll call you if they said they would.

I'm wondering if i need to go back to the RS where I pre-ordered. The rep didn't run my credit or check my upgrade eligibility. I did tell them that I am a Premeir customer and that I become eligible on June 12 and they said i was good to go. I was also told it wouldn't be a problem that I will be out of town on the 4th and 5th and wouldn't be able to pick up my phone until I return on the 6th.

Yes, you have to go back to the same store. We will be shipping a phone specifically for your pre order to that store.

Okkoto86

May 7, 2010
Visit site
Any chance of waiving activation fee for porting #?

Not up to us. Only Sprint can waive upgrade fees, and even then they don't do it often.

I live in NY, but will be in FL beginning on June 3rd. Is there any chance at getting a RS in FL to take a phone order for the pre-order? I've called a couple, and they seemed baffled by the idea and said no. Just wondering if it's worth pursuing any further. :)

Thanks!

If your eligible for your upgrade I think we could. If your opening a new account we'd have to run credit, so no.

Are you sure about that? I have 2 lines on my account and one is already eligible for an upgrade and the other is eligible on June 1st. I was told I could only pre-order a phone for the line that's already eligible which I did. Perhaps I should try a different store?

Yes im sure. When we where first told about pre-ordering they said we couldn't, but Radioshack revised it over the weekend. If a store tells you they cant tell them to read their notes.

Will you let me just pick up the phone? I want to take it home and activate it myself.

Thats up to you. Just tell them you don't want it activated and they wont. But you are then responsible for calling sprint if any thing goes wrong. You don't have to worry we wont hurt your phone lol. :p

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
karim174